Update regarding the Suggestions category

I assume it’s because people literally can’t make a relevant suggestion with the available information, they always have to base themselve off assumptions (like all the profession suggestions, the base system is unknown yet people are suggesting more of them without even knowing what they do exactly)

4 Likes

As someone who has made a profession related suggestion; I can confirm.
Without knowing the base system it’s a bit hard to make suggestions that’ll actually integrate well into the game.

2 Likes

Yeah, Suggestions have been very dry lately. Most suggestions are of things that have no base, or of things Vetex just finished. I’m pretty sure Vetex doesn’t go over the things he has already completed. Suggestions were the highlight of my day though, I liked to hear what people thought about the game. Now all I have to look forward too is the #art.

2 Likes

damn :frpensive:

Bumping this so it doesn’t close.

Guess your prediction failed aye?

no precisely because I predicted it people saw the prediction and wanted me to prove me wrong and I did say that prediction out loud to stop the argument that would ensue

What…?

nvm

We got a handful of suggestions based on guesswork after vetex revealed his unfinished plans, but most of them didn’t really get anywhere, and all of them were probably usable ideas, just not exactly as written.

More importantly, most suggestions were still fine. They were relevant to post-TGR and weren’t liable to be obsoleted by anything vetex was doing or planning - taking a couple examples from my notifications:
Show percentage effectiveness next to gear stats
Multi-explosion buffs
Barrage Changes
There’s a lot of topics that are safe to suggest for, and people know what they are. Most suggestions are balancing or QoL suggestions for content that we know isn’t getting significant changes.

Like I said, not every suggestion is good, but that’s why we have all the filters we do. I don’t think suggestion quality had really dropped lately, certainly not enough to give up on the category.

2 Likes

Every single thing you showed was posted by a tester, I don’t think they need guesswork since they know what is and isn’t in TGR.

You don’t need to be a tester to know these topics are safe - just look at the trello. Nothing’s planned (or done) for spell balancing, nor is any major revamp to the inventory or stat system planned for AO.

Testers don’t know that much more than normal players. They don’t have access to his private trello, and even if they did only vetex knows for sure what his plans are.
The only area they know significantly more than us is storyline and map content, but both of those are banned in #suggestions anyway.

2/3 of them were just inferno :fr:

So all of them were by a tester…

Tester chat probs has a lot more info than just the trello

True but all I did was point out that they’d never actually need guesswork and the majority of suggestions are still being based off of guesswork.

Cheese

He is saying that if people didn’t see it, they wouldn’t have proved him wrong; he said it to stop the incoming argument.

Huh, welp, @Kandy is credit to team!

This topic was automatically closed 6 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.