V1.13 infamy changes

Deckhands

1 Like

Deckhand. One of the last thing left for me to actively pursue is minmaxing my ship for the Dark Sea.

Once the infamy update comes out I’ll probably slowly sink back down as I am hunted, I got master deckhands I don’t really NEED legendary.

You can still leave whenever other clans join

1 Like

“why do you have so much money if you don’t wanna be robbed” energy

So your answer to a problem with the game is for me to simply not play the game?

1 Like

You can join a server without clans

i mean you could just reset it at silverhold/whitesummit but you do you.

1 Like

I would lose my feats, of which I have a few fun ones on my bounty poster, mainly defeating leaderboard players in self-defense. Don’t you think it’d be funny to see some dude with mostly pve stats, 300k or so fame and yet his bounty poster says he beat two tyrants and an assassin maestro? I think so.

@lookingforabargain As for this, I don’t want to spend most of my time frustratingly looking for the PERFECT server to avoid conflict. It’s not fun to have to leave and rejoin the game 40-odd times before I can start playing it. It simply shouldn’t be something I am forced to do, end of story.

It doesn’t take 40 tries to find a clanless server. Plus, if your goal is to play with friends, then you can divide the tries or accept a server with 1 clan member in it, since you’d outnumber them anyway

seems like most your issue is just what clans are, theyre a pvp feature focused around infamy and capturing islands

what you want already exists in the party feature, small groups that stop you from hitting eachother, i think you should just join one of the many discord servers if youre looking for people to play with

also pvp is literally the only thing giving this game some sense of replayability so asking vetex not to focus on pvp doesnt make much sense, its the only way he can make the game more replayable without reworking or adding features

It has in the past. It’s entirely up to chance, bargain. The entire point of this is: I don’t WANT to do this. I don’t know why this is hard to understand. Its not fun to have to spend the start of your play session, 5, 10, 15 minutes looking for a server that feels ‘safe’. Like you can engage with game content.

1 Like

Clans will have far more content to them in the future then just infamy grinding, which is why I want to have a small community built.

Can a party build stuff on a captured island? No. Can a party engage in catered minigames made by vetex himself? Not really. These additional features don’t exist now, but I shouldn’t be gatekept from them by people who only see pvp, only enjoy pvp. Just because you think that PVP is the only content that’s replayable does not mean that is a shared sentiment.

I mean why you got $10,000 in your defenseless wallet, you’re just making me want to rob you

That’s the AO hunter attitude.

Side note: does anyone know how much hunting an emperor would give you in galleons?

Someone should make a clan for a community that isn’t strictly pvp but by teamwork and perseverance they still get to the top using minimal pvp

The minigames are pvp and island capturing is made basically as a way to defend your island in a fun way, it’s literally all pvp

the only reason to build is to protect your island from being taken, its still a pvp oriented feature

im not saying i wouldnt mind the ability to make a less pvp oriented clan, but i think currently the way clans function wouldnt really benefit from it because the only incentive to make a clan other than to play with people or just for fun is to compete for the leaderboard

personally i think things like sealed chest infamy are great because they allow you to gain infamy without sweating at pvp, and i do think they shouldnt be nerfed

1 Like

Well, how many other people are just in AO for the fishing, diving, treasure hunting etc? Almost everyone only does it because they can get items that will be useful in pvp. If the loser can just run away or decline to pvp then there’s no point

I mean I have a clan that isn’t strictly pvp, but I understand we will never be leaderboard, I don’t even want leaderboard, I just want to feel like I can play in an enviroment where we can engage with whatever content we so choose without being shoelined into PVP.

2 Likes

Oh yeah its PUREEELY PVP.

Surely vetex would neverrrrrr confirm any sort of PVE functionality to building, right…?

allpvprightguys

1 Like