V1.13 infamy changes

Those infamy changes are also good, wonder if this affects silverhold at all though.

I think passive infamy farms (claiming islands) should be less efficient then active farms (sealed chests, bounty hunting, etc), so this change is a welcome one.

but he halved sealed chest infamy gain too though. Wouldn’t it make sense to halve all existing infamy too?

Me when clan nerfs

Oh good, world of magic all over again. This was a bad thing there and it’ll be bad for AO. At least make it superior+ clans, the clans that actually had to put in some serious work to try and get their infamy up there. Most strong clans I’ve seen are just small groups of friends.

On the other hand, I do feel it’s good that there are more ways to LOSE infamy now. I just don’t think this change will affect the leaderboards at all. It will certainly kick my smaller clan in the testicles though, that’s for sure. It’s a strong clan of like 15 people, most of which are new players I like to help get good gear, all of whom are now going to be forced out of the clan by incessant hunting from no-life infamy-hungry high tier clan members who do nothing BUT pvp.

2 Likes

i’m still trying to understand this.

Clans killing each other gave infamy

Just get an ally clan and then merge discord servers. Then you can join each other to enable infamy gain

but wasn’t there a time where guilds could kill anybody and gain infamy?

Well leave it to me to jump the gun a bit, but those bounty hunt punishments are INTENSE. The ‘just a friend group’ range of average-strong clans is getting shafted by this that’s for sure. They’ll be the primary punching bags of the higher tier clans. Vetex is making a hard push towards clans existing only for PVP when I thought he said at AO’s inception that PVP wouldn’t be the focus of the game.

I think it’s 80 right now no matter what tier your clan is, so lower tier clans are benefiting from the change

As long as the church suffers, I’ll benefit

2 Likes

The only thing to do other than pvp is pve, which is more boring. Pvp has to be the focus of the game

pvp has to be the focus of clans you mean?
Vetex has said pvp wasn’t the focus, story first.

PvP really should not be the point when it can so easily be ruined if the players dip

The story has no replayability

That’s why vetex should make pvp lower stakes

ngl wom infamy was better than ao infamy, actually felt like the leaderboard was who can actually put in work rather than who has the most number

This is entirely personal opinion though. An MMO needs to enable as many types of players as possible, not cater hand over fist to one and only one specific type of player and tell everyone to fuck off.

If I am told more and more that I need to be good at pvp or I’m going to be hunted on repeat with people with 600+ hours 90% of which is in pvp, then yeah I’m gonna whine about that. It’s not fun. You know what I find fun? Hunting sea monsters, diving spots, fishing with friends as a relaxing activity, hunting treasure.

PVP in bounty hunting is a forced interaction. You are forcing me to partake in an interaction I do not find fun, and Vetex is constricting the options by which I can disengage from this unfun interaction, though luckily he had the sense to make the love potion.

Re:

I feel like if your goal in a clan is to just have a chill community that you can play the game with, it’s probably best to stay around rookie or maybe average clan. Average clans can host up to 75 members, which for most groups is enough space to have a small, tight knit community. I feel like once you start aiming at strong or above, that’s where a clan’s focus begins shifting toward competing with other clans etc. in addition to their main purpose

I’m gonna ask you buddy, sorry if i sound rude but why do you have so much fame in the game if you don’t want to be hunted for it?