V1.13 infamy changes

As long as he makes it so you can’t cover an npc with a roof it should be fine, I doubt walls will be able to get that tall and it’d be fun to get past walls to the npcs (just don’t add turrets please vetex)

Wait what if you could add like, fort talos cannons to your builds? Just auto shoot any non-clan ship that sails by.

I’m just gonna wait until it’s added to expect detailed builds, I doubt it’ll be too detailed due to lag and forced limitations

That would be horrible, regular cannons that you have to man are fine though

You’d be surprised how intricate you can get with minimalistic options. I just know some savant (the actual kind not the class) is going to build some breathtaking stuff and share here on the forums

Yeah and then nobody can move due to lag

And yet Roblox literally shits itself when enemies ragdoll

3 Likes

I don’t know why Vetex thinks it’s necessary to make clans exclusively pvp based. I know it’s his game but he could at least ask some players/testers what they thought. If he did, I’d like to know the testers’ side of it.

Personally I think the best way to make this work out for everyone would be to split into two types of groups: Clans (Competitive, PVP) and Guilds (Cooperative, casual, not focused on PVP). Guilds would ideally gain infamy (or maybe a new word for it since it’s not about being powerful) from different ways than Clans do.
Might write up a more thought out actual suggestion about this later

5 Likes

I think that’s a different thing. It will all tie into whether clan buildings are destructible, which I’m 90% sure they will be. AO’s destructible enviroments cause a LOT of lag.

It’ll be great, just build the ultimate lag machine on one of your islands with your god pc, hit it, and kill the filthy invaders whilst they freeze midair for 30 seconds.

1 Like

I made a suggestion about this back in the WOM days if I remember correctly, I don’t think Vetex will pass that.

Just make it insta delete like buildings, with the only possible lag being some smoke particles so it isn’t goofy looking

this is a good idea and one that id 100% participate in, maybe guilds could have “influence” instead of infamy and focus on cleaning up and civilizing wilderness islands instead of capturing and living on them like clans are supposed to

this way things like the fisherman npc idea on the trello could make sense, maybe tie it in with the auction house and allow guilds to add auction houses that show only items their members have put up

1 Like

I love this, I really do, but I don’t think vetex will split clans into two different sides, not for a long time at the least.

1 Like

What would be different about them besides the name?

that, not in depth explanation but that

Would they offer the same things? If they’re just like clans but you can’t lose or gain infamy through pvp, then I’m pretty sure most pvp clans are just gonna turn into pvp guilds

Presumably they would both have different leaderboards, clans would have building, versus minigames, etc. While guilds would just have more pve oriented stuff like the fisherman place or whatever

If guilds have workstations that buff pve, and clans don’t, then I’m pretty sure most pvp clans are gonna turn into pvp guilds

Then good for them? They wouldn’t climb either leaderboard and they get to have pve benefits

Unsure if guilds should even have a leaderboard, increasing their [infamy replacement] would just be to improve the clan’s bank, members etc