Vetex's Rant (PVP & BALACING)

he isnt fully brainrotted :pray:

7 Likes

I never said anything about island claiming.

If a galleon bank system ever exists outside of clans then thatā€™d fix the singular issue the majority of players have with it lol.

PvP in this game is generally miserable to begin with and the people who just wanna chill and do PvE generally wonā€™t want to fuck with that but in turn their own infamy gets gutted so lol

No oneā€™s saying you shouldnā€™t just claim islands, but itā€™s not even the focus of this anyways

I mean, like, sorta? Like I get harvest or some shit, but if some mf is just building a cute lil outpost up at whispering while harvest is unclaimed, you might as well go to harvest instead. Why take the path of most resistance (especially when attacking the smaller ones) if you want to claim an island anyways?

3 Likes

Okay, Iā€™m probably gonna be bombarded with some vitriol-infused replies by the PvP Sweats (nothing against the casual PvPs, just keep it in Munera Garden), but-

Infact no PvP would be awesome

Deep in my soul, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Those PvPers really should sit down, read the rant, then shut up, because us players want the story to progress. BUT, we canā€™t have that because of the people who hate casual/PvEers for ā€œnot getting into the grindā€ or whatever buzz words theyā€™ve concocted into their vernacular, because Arcane Odyssey shouldnā€™t be a place where Sweats and Sweat Clans ultimately turn the Bronze Sea (and Nimbus Sea) into war zone that makes Keraxe look tame in comparison.

Please PvPers, just pleaseā€¦ That will be all from me.

I think the Arcane Odyssey forum just might be the high society of Roblox communites because everywhere else this wouldā€™ve degraded into a flame war by now

(My goodness I hope people fuming over the discord getting locked donā€™t come running here)

honestly, this may be a shock coming from me, but I disagree.
Without PvP the game would lose out on one of the most vital and enjoyable pieces of endgame content any game like this has: An ever evolving and improving challenge.

The issue doesnā€™t lie in the existence of PvP, it lies in people being forced into the PvP when they donā€™t want to have any part in it.

The gap between casual and competitive players needs to be closed, this community has to heal.
I wish I knew how.

9 Likes

Ah, my apologies, Iā€™m just a bit riled up by the fact that we havenā€™t gotten much story progression and the Sweat PvPers want to halt it for Balance Changes that inevitable are pointless, weā€™d be stuck without ever going to Skyhall if those dudes keep seagulling Vetex away from Chapter 8 and Kingdom/Town Alignment.

1 Like

based

I donā€™t think it would necessarily be better right now, I just think itā€™d be better at least when the game is out of beta (which is this year)

lets say that 70% of the playerbase is pve, while the other 30% is pvp. having no pvp might be good for that 70%, but it would completley ruin the game for that 30%. It would also ruin the point of the clan update (think wars, sieges, etc), arena islands, and more.

1 Like

Never said right now, I just think it would generally be nice as a whole. I do think it would definitely remove an ever evolving and improving challenge as Theo said, but thatā€™s why I hope the replayability factor of future content would perhaps be able to cover for that or make PvP less of a focus at least in terms of whatā€™s left to do

As much as Iā€™d love to move pvp somewhere else, you canā€™t really get do that without basically nuking a large part of a future update

My take on this is it would definitely be troublesome for the clan update, but tbh the 30% that would be unhappy have been extremely vocal and a bad stain on the community. Not that they shouldnā€™t be listened to but they have done nothing to warrant consideration like that at this point when theyā€™ve done more harm than good

I think a toggle would work better at least (That would have a buffer obviously as to avoid abusing it), but the clan update would definitely have to consider something of that sort

1 Like

the entire 30% isnt screaming out, i would say its moreso 5-10% who are doing it. Unfortunatley those people really cant be silenced though, so a solution to the issue is tricky.

See the main issue is I donā€™t think any portion of a community should be silenced but in most cases with roblox games that have PvP as something else to do in the game, that portion is usually very loud and often very toxic

Man, I agree with what he said on the toxicity tho. Iā€™ve been playing Roblox for over 12 years and I have really seen how much more toxic the community has gotten (especially after the release of m1 combat popularity and Rogue Lineage) to the point I dislike most players. It would be nice if players were less toxic and were more fun/chill or had honor like in the good old days.

Yea no I completely agree. I absolutely donā€™t think PvP should ever be removed and I hope it never is, Iā€™m just saying for the game to be very replayable without PvP, that is going to have to at least wait until full release

Yes PvP being able to be a side thing would be nice