Voice Chat in AO

Context for why I made this post.

In the recent QnA stream, Vetex admitted that he may be willing to implement voice chat into the game. One of the reasons why he has refrained from doing so is because he feels the mic above every players head would break the immersion. People on the stream were explaining that there were workarounds for the placement of the mic logo, so maybe voice chat may be feasible to expect later.

Anyway, I want to hear your opinions of what voice chat might bring to the game. Can be negative or positive, but don’t be too agressive lol. I can definitely see AO clips benefitting greatly from this, as we will now be able to hear the reactions of players instead of through the text on the screen.

i wonder how many slurs will be said via voicechat in ao

3 Likes

The real voice chat was the slurs we made along the way :sob::saluting_face:

4 Likes

im pretty sure vet said he would have wanted to add voice chat to the game but the only thing stopping him is the annoying microphone text bubble thing that appears on top of your character

I added that in the context :sob:

ehhhh i wouldn’t mind but i wouldn’t really like it

1 Like

Even though I’m old enough I don’t use voice chat.

Somehow I don’t like talking online. I’m not insecure, but I value privacy.

i agree

sending an id of yourself to roblox of all things sounds sketchy as hell :skull:

If I wanted to talk online then I’d just use discord vc

This means Discord as well. I don’t really like talking to strangers on Discord.

Yeah I get it. I never use voice chat online either (except with real life friends).

oops,., my bad,.,.

all of them

me too tbh, I know that nothing bad will come
of it but talking online just makes me feel uneasy.

1 Like

rather not have to listen to noble 15 year olds acting like they’re 19

We can finally recreate this video whilst sailing the dark sea:

Now that is something I wanna see

roblox voice chat is really strict, i don’t like using it because i get a warning every time i accidentally swear

Good thing I never swear :sunglasses:

idk how often ill meet people with voice chat to begin with so