Water currents

Water currents
effort 4.166666666666667 6 quality 4.111111111111111 9 reasonability 4.222222222222222 9

ocean currents- very strong currents of water that are formed because of the oceanic pressure and magic pollution because of this they can vary in strength,size and deadliness they can be found in the dark sea too but are 1.4x more violent and closer to the surface
light currents-
DoT- none
range-usually found near coral reefs and diving spots
speed-carries player at the speed of a sailboat with 40 speed
good for quick travel
they usually end at around 100 studs from where they begin
spawn chance 1/100

medium currents
Dot-30 damage per 20 seconds
range- found 200+ studs below ocean surface
speed-carries the player at the speed of a ketch
can be found in darksea insanity range 1-2(not only in dark sea can be found outside too)

high currents
DoT-50 damage per 10 seconds
range-found 400 studs under the ocean or on the sea floor
speed-speed of a max speed brig
can be found in insantiy ranges 4-5(can be found outside of darksea too)

the way to escape theses currents is simular to whirpools but more simple as all you have to do is spam click and depending on how strong the current is the clicks are more or less

dark sea currents
dark sea currents are stronger and faster than their counterpart out of the dark sea as the strength multiplies by 1.4x and they can sometimes be found closer to the surface to the point where if you get caught in one than your boat can be pulled partially underwater(dot simular to tornados) or dragged long distances and sometimes you can use them to as an advantage to travel faster on boat, dark sea water currents in the dark sea can spawn as magic currents and sometimes can form whirlpools.

durations
currents eventually run out when the pressure dies down
light currents-1 minute
medium currents-2 minutes
high currents-4 minutes

idk if i cooked or not i spent some time on this

lany currents that spawn at the surface of the ocean(exept dark sea) dont do damage to boats and give a slight speed boosts

2 Likes

pretty good idea, and the most original one i have seen

im pretty much just tryna up the game in underwater content

1 Like

irony cuz you’re water? or something, idk

check my name thats under my user

ok.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 10.49.00 AM

wateristodrink
the lvl 10 tasty tap water

1 Like

LOL. :rofl:

You are in fact cooking

“Good suggestion”
“Keep cooking
" image”

fr :face_holding_back_tears:

good suggestion but i think the other two currents shouldn’t be dark sea only and that the damage of high currents should be tweaked a little bit

i see

no you don’t…

:slight_smile: i see…YOU

sonic speed boost pads in ao. now im just wondering if generation of these guys will make servers run even slower

now make an concept for underwater bosses

plan too but it will take afew days for my brain to process allat information for the suggestion

i can help a little (i too barely have any creativity, 2 heads is better than one, right?)