Way to reverse ships ( ? )

Way to reverse ships ( ? ) https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/0/8/08d97c1d418bd079b98290f172b9a16919f68fb4_2_1024x894.jpeg
effort 1.625 8 quality 2.875 8 reasonability 4.2 10

(that’s not gonna happen in ao)

bro just hit S

yep they’re all real ways to reverse ships, this option with the oars was the most realistic, maybe anchoring with oars but that doesn’t sound easy to code and an anchor?

I don’t care if you call upon frickn Zeus to push your boat back I just want to see it happening

we dont really care how it happens

my honest brain reaction upon seeing this topic

but yea i can see why something like this would want to be added, and at certain circumstances i’d think about wanting something like this too

mechanical ships when!

invalid coming from optical :pray: :facepunch: :100:

what is bro yapping about do YOU know how ships work? :skull:

bro we’re talking about ships from 200 years ago

ok?

(so you’re wrong)

I have to ask what exactly is wrong with doing research on a subject and then sharing it with other people lacking knowledge on the subject.
I didn’t know shit about any of this and I doubt you did either.

1 Like

I’m not really a boat enthusiast but since AO is a world with magical abilities and Logias and whatever couldn’t the technology just really be advanced since stuff like Arcanium weapons exist? No idea if I’m misinterpreting what you’re saying or not.

I never said I did bro

arcanium weapons was just regular weapons made of a different metal that are imbued with a magic

what I said is that onioncraem thought we were talking about modern ships while we were talking about ao ones (from 18th century)

no dude 18th century ones could go backwards too…

I have a fix to reverse, although you need to have two people.

Step one: have your friend equip high agility.

Step two: lower the ships sails, let it push against a wall.

Step three: have your friend repeatedly dash into a cannon while pressing e. This makes the ship bug and instantly turn in a ~90 degree angle, while they do this turn your boat in the direction that they are bugging it in.

Step four: A few things can happen here. Either you get flung, the ship phases into the ground, or you manage to make the u turn.

Overall this is a brilliant, intuitive and intentional feature, and I see no reason for vetex to add a boat reversal when we have this.

we’re talking about the engines