We need basic combos like how most fighting games do instead of just spamming q and e

What I mean by that is that we should have more unique fighting styles. I know most of you are gonna say “But vetex is already adding fighting combos” But im not talking about that. Im talking about the punching mumbo jumbo. I want combo attacks that don’t need to be created. It’s like in sonny’s dragon ball games. Sure. they have those cool rushes. But they also have normal fighting. Now use that and discuss.

1 Like

yeah but wom/ao isn’t a 2d fighting game

also basic attacks on weapons are dogshit, what do you expect to happen when you throw in the same thing but with even less range?

2 Likes

If he does that he would have to revamp the entire pvp system. Also WoM (AO) isn’t made to have good pvp as it is right now (considering the main reason why we can’t combo magics is because of the amount of endlag they currently produce).

1 Like

You guys are forgetting that Fighting Styles will come with AO.

We’re not getting preset attacks

I know arcane isn’t a fighting game. But it should at least have an improved fighting mech.

I wanted to put that in but this isn’t the suggestion place

I call balogna on that. It’s called a total game revamp for a reason. As for your other point. Im just gonna say one thing… Nrpg Beyond. What I mean by that? The map is arguably even bigger than wom. And has r15. And don’t get me started on the size of the attacks. Yet it works perfectly fine. And has the fighting mechanic I wanted to use as an example.

why do we need combos again?

using hitstun to force long combos just feels shitty.

also, the term “total game revamp” doesn’t mean “herpy dur im reworking literally everything.”
You can’t just use it as an excuse to throw on random changes because “well, it IS a game revamp”

1 Like

wom’s combat isn’t based around melee combos… if that’s what you want from it then you’re playing the wrong game…

???

1 Like

Because in aa combat was useless. Even impact. Once we got legendary weapons and magic fighting just felt bland and useless.

If youre a fighting fanatic like me you’d hate to see someone who tried to sneak attack you just run away because they have max agility. Hit stunning brings action

Then call it a game revamp. There’s no need to put in total. the definition of total is complete; absolute. Not revamping everything that needs to be fixed defeats the entire purpose of calling it a total game revamp.

My point? I don’t want the fighting button to just be a waste of space to be replaced by some weapon that does more than it could ever hope to do.

wrong
radius fist
boxing

severely wrong

Of course not. But if removing flight because “it defeats the purpose of having boats” is a valid reason then my reason for making fighting a bit more. Well. good. Because “Once you get a weapon you’ll have no reason to use h2h ever again” is also valid.

I personally think melee combat should be buffed like giving it a better attack combo and more range, but no hitstun since that’s not really a thing in aa

radius fist was easily counterable and punishable.

Boxing was good for stunning but still not good against even a deluxe katana

and impact is just spamming shockwave splash. You can literally just t jump and spam down q and x over and over and finish it with a cutlass.

w-…
what
???
how does transportation changes to suit the map and PvP have anything in common???
the game’s never gonna have dbz fighter like combos, or getting stun locked in melee or any of that sort. closest we’ll get to it is melee moves. the pvp in this game is based around air combat and arcane magic, and fighting styles will be no more than backups that WILL save your life and win you battles

anyways im out cya

If you had no hitstun. What’s to stop some guy who keeps bugging you from naruto running away into the ocean. Unless the sharks are as op as they were in online fighting they pretty much gotten away. This is coming from a fire user.

Adding hitstun in this game would just mean immediate death to anyone you manage to stun a single time due to how much damage you can deal in a short amount of time, you can already nearly 1 shot someone with a 20% 4 barrage shot.

I used the reasoning as an example. There is nothing in common between them. My reasoning and vetex’s were though.

That’s not what I want. I just want fighting mechanics that isn’t just q to boxing punch and e to karate kick. The melee moves yeah. But I want a basic combo set for it first. The best I can think of as a fighting example is shinobi life 2. Just normal punching and the finisher shooting you off a bit. Nothing more nothing less

I mean sure, some of that is fine to have but there shouldn’t be hitstun with it since you can just have a friend hitting them at the same time with some 20% multi blast and completely obliterate them

Reasoning format is similar but the way you used the example’s intentention isnt even similar to your intention.

The reason behind why flight was removed because it makes boats useless is related to transportation while yours is related to pvp, therefore it isnt a valid reason since they’re completely different.