We now know the names of 5/6 of the Warring Seas

Small spoiler for the story, if yall havent done that yet.

But with the newest chapter of the story, we may have learned the name of the 5th Sea in the War Seas, which is called “the Marauding Sea”

Screenshot_20240330_200549_YouTube

Because of this, we now know the names of five of the Warring Seas:

1. Bronze Sea
  2. Nimbus Sea
  3. Vimir Sea
  4. Aegean(?) Sea
  5. Marauding Sea
  6. ???

I doubt that the Marauding Sea is actually the 6th and final sea, as this is likely where the Corsair Country is, where Steleus will be when we meet him again looking for Ancient Magics, and I doubt the Corsair will be the battleground for the final boss, so I’d say its probably the 5th.

I once assumed that the Aegean Sea might be where Azura Province will be at, but now that Im thinking about it more, it might actually referring to the Grand Navy, as Grand Navy is also associated with a lot of blue, and Marauding Sea is its neighbor. I doubt the Grand Navy being the final boss location either tbh.

Aegean Sea might be its main base/original kingdom location. The two factions are warring against each other, so it makes sense they would be next to each other. Its whats going in with the Keraxe and Sameria conflict, so it makes sense.

Aegean Sea is still placeholder for now tho. (“The Grand Sea” would be a cool name for it if its where the main GN base is)

6 Likes

Maybe this?

1. Bronze Sea (Ravenna)
  2. Nimbus Sea (Sameria & Skyhall)
  3. Vimir Sea (Kerex & Ryujin Dynasty?)
  4. Aegean Sea (Azura Province)
  5. Marauding Sea (Corsairs & Navy)
  6. ??? (Throne Empire)

I remember that when WoM was still canon, Magius was named after John Thorne’s fallen homeland.

WoM is retconned, but a lot of its lore is getting carried over to AO, so that “fallen homeland” called Magius might be important. So I see a good chance that Thorne Empire being located in the 6th Sea.

I’m no longer sure about Azura being in the 4th Sea cause 1. Azura seems very important that I wouldnt be surprised it gets saved for last. 2. Each sea seems to be named after the kingdom with the highest influence/power. I don’t think the original kingdom of the Grand Navy would be located in a sea clearly named after pirates.

2 Likes

Magius would logically already long gone, I believe John Thornes lore is still technically canon so at this time he would’ve been in the Seven Seas for awhile already. I wonder whether or not it would even be in the sea where Thorne Empire is, or perhaps it became Corsair Country and Thorne Empire moved

Aren’t there seven seas?

Nope, only 6 seas. Its been confirmed by one or two NPCs, being referred to as the “Six Warring Seas”. Its why there seems to be a consistent rule of 6 lol. 6 High Lordsof the Order, 6 Corsairs. And possibly 6 members of the main cast as Tech revealed that the last 3 will be joining us, and we have 3 members including MC. (Idk if Neviro counts. He might count, Im not sure. Thats makes 6 excluding MC. Someone’s probs gonna die oof)

Wait then why is it the seven seas

Uhh, the War Seas was never referred as the Seven Seas.

AA had Seven Seas, but the War Seas was never called such. Its just the War Seas, its name was never specific on the number of seas it has.

I would like the last sea to be named either related to finale or whatever ruling family is there

Speaking about kingdom locations, i wonder where the other 6 kingdoms will be?
Vimir is the home sea of keraxe and i doubt that any other kingdom would be there.
If the 4th sea is really the grand navy home sea then maybe it could be also home to a few others like the dynasty? I dont honestly know where the others could be tho. And thorne being in the same sea with other kingdoms would be kinda weird looking at it’s history (them trying to conquer other seas and all)

I had a prediction/speculation the name was going to have something related to “Gold” or something.

Mainly because I want there to be a kingdom deeply rooted in the history of Aurem and the War of the Gods. (How Humanity kept looking for those for more power)

Aurem is derived from the latin word for gold. I thought it would be neat

There’s also three other unnamed Kingdoms right?

Does Maya’s count as a Kingdom?

Wasnt there like new greece? I think they could go way more in deep about that

She hasnt started hers yet, she just started looking for people for the Empire. I doubt we will see the full kingdom until the end of the story tbh.

So we have Ravenna, Sameria, Keraxe, Skyhall, Ryujin, Corsair, Azura, Thorne

But we have ten Kingdom flags in our ship

Who are the other two? Idk if the Navy or Syndicate count as nations. If u include Maya’s then there’s still one left.

Also, the dark sea doesnt count as one of the warring seas, right

Uh, I dont think Winterveil counts right

That was a planned culture for WoM. And if there was a kingdom equivalent of that at some point in the War Seas, I feel like that would probably have been taken down at some point, as the Order was hunting down for the remaining descendants of the Gods.

Thats why I mentioned fallen kingdoms such as Magius. There mightve been some kingdom like that at some point, and it turns out to be important.

And maybe there was one that was guarding the seal that the Order is trying to unlock. Certainly explains why the Order disappeared for some centuries and reappeared again pretty recently.

Dark Sea is basically 98% of the world, it wouldnt count.

Winterveil doesnt count as Vetex says theres only 1 out of 12 kingdoms in-game (this was before Nimbus). He didnt count Winterveil.

And yes, theres only 10 kingdom banners rn in the Brig, but Grand Navy might not count as its also a clan. Idk if the Syndicate counts as one, but uh, yeah. Seeing the circumstances with Winterveil, fallen kingdoms likely doesnt count.

The Sea of Eden’s Empire