Week of Discussion 7: Nimbus Sea

Hey flippedy dodah, sav’aaq, and short time no see - happy nimbus day, Forums! If you can’t tell already I’m exhausted writing this, so let me announce the final topic of the Week of Discussion: The Nimbus Sea.

With the update hours away, I want to know what you’re anticipating, your plans for release, your story predictions.*

However, keep in mind

Only make predictions on the story before Nimbus release, and do not share story spoilers here.

With that out of the way, have fun.

Some ideas:

• Nimbus story predictions*
  • Your plans for Nimbus
  • What do you want to see in Nimbus
  • What see you anticipating most?
  • What characters do you want to see?
  • Your exploration plans
  • Other things in a similar vein

[*] Terms and Conditions Apply

I am parched vetex feed me some content

I’m planning on making a whole new file for when the update drops (maybe also buying an extra file)
I’ll just try to complete the story pretty slowly, and doing things that are fun instead of just speedrunning it.
Once I get to the Nimbus sea, I will try to talk to as many different npcs as possible and I will try to find more of those building mistake secrets like that room under shell island or the caves under Ravenna
It would be nice if we saw our friend Ruby Roger again in Sameria, since the interaction between the mc and him is always pretty fun. It might also be nice if vetex added another one of those reference npcs like that one on sailor’s lodge.

So I am just going to mess around and see if I can find something interesting

3 Likes

I’ll try to finish what i started in terms of build-making…which is making new builds with the new items, along with fixing builds that got gutted…
Hopefully 200+ substats are still achievable, albeit it will come at a cost.

The new bosses, obviously.
but like…we don’t have many clues as to what’ll happen in the story, so i am not sure what i want to see Story-wise.

Hopefully the Sailor Lodge people (Steleus, Ambanes, Meng Ozun and Kjartan) will appear in the Story, along with a possible Shura comeback in the future.

oh god, not Nimbus Sea Diver grind…
i am dissapointed by the fact that we don’t have early Nimbus Sea Explorer, so i can atleast grind it out and rest easy afterwards.
But i’ll try to play through the story at a regular pace, and then speedrun it after playing through it once.

1 Like

My plans for Nimbus:

• First, finally complete a quest that gives a shit ton of XP
  • Go to Nimbus and do some story quest
  • Explore
2 Likes
  • Play through the story at a slow pace
  • Explore sameria and friends
  • Find secrets
  • Find epicentre (hopefully)
  • Get diver
  • Chill
1 Like

Sameria is basically Arrakis, we’re gonna go there and proclaim ourselves Lisan al Gaib, overthrow the Queen, claim to be the slayer of tyrants (therefore justifying our killing of Calvus) and lead a war against the Order.

At least that’s what I’m want to do.

Realistically Ill just do the story and explore Sameria

I’ve not finished Dune idk what any of this is about give me a few weeks and I’ll get back to you

I’m just gonna slowly work through the story, explore the new islands and get some of the new armour sets. I’ll probably grind the new boss too

1 Like

The main conflict is that Keraxe is beginning their invasion of the Nimbus sea now that the treaties are broken.

Skyhall will be forced to help against Keraxe whether because we force them to, or because they realize Keraxe is everyone’s enemy.

The final boss of the sea will either be one of Wotan’s sons or Julian, but I’m honestly leaning towards it being Julian.

Aside from “the grind”, assuming that second awakening comes out by the end of Nimbus, there’s a savant that I’ve been preparing for it. One that will combine Argo’s weapons, dense, sailor style, and earth so that I may ascend and become an AOE God.

Second awakening mostly, I’d also really like to see Sameria actually have enough things to do that you actually have a reason to stay there cause otherwise it just seems like a waste of an island that large.

I want to see Julian. It’d be neat to see what kind’ve affects the death curse left on his body if any. He’d also just be a good fit for our first real fight that we can actually win against a curse user since he was the first one to really fight us and his curse isn’t one of the more powerful ones.

I want to see Revon too, but I don’t want to see us beat him already or for us to directly meet him, rather a cutscene that just shows us what he’s doing for a second, getting stronger, making plans, and actually making some moves that affect people we’ve known and places we’ve been too. I think that would be pretty neat, honestly I just hope Revon is an actual threat to us and not just an idiot who does nothing but unseal the great evil at the end of the game like some people think he will.

It’s gonna be like 90% running around Sameria

I got nothin’

1 Like

I will commit multiple attrocities on Sameria

I wanna go in there with Vega and just…. Explore. That’s one of his favorite things to do, so I might as well just embrace it. Go all around the vast Sameria as well as seeing the three wilderness islands added alongside it.

I really just want more exciting story parts honestly. The story has to be my favorite part of the game, followed by exploration. I blame breath of the wild for the latter though, and I’m replaying the game right now too.

Do the story first, and then exploring the pirate hideout first and then sameria next once I get there. Once bored, explore the other islands.

1 Like

AAH NIMBUS (complete sentence)