What are some things you hope to see happen in the story?

Bro literally said in his quest that he wants to grow stronger to protect Cirrus Island.

Leaving cirrus island is not the way to protect it lmao

it’s only a temporary departure i think, but he’s probably going to join your side, eithe permamently or temporaily in the story.

One of the bosses becomes a quartermaster

2 Likes

Just have friendly NPCs like Iris fight with pure blasts and beams. Arguing that she is trying to not singe your clothes, or you, in the process. Or say that due to her training with Warren, she’s focusing her magic on a single point to deal more damage.

And with Morden, well, we’ve seen that it’s difficult to have him fight in teams since he has little to no control over the Death Curse. So let’s just keep him out.

And as long as the NPCs don’t have highly destructive/FPS needy attacks like explosion, or whatever the Marines are attacking me underwater with that has me M1ing at 2 frames per second.

1 Like

I would love to see more from the story than just us and the gang, and I mean things like how people do their lives and focus on world-building. The cultures of different countries adopted their aesthetics to reflect the weather and biome where they live. how their place affects their cuisine and cooking, and many cultural things that would be long to talk about.

Just normal everyday people there do with their lives, and not just as dumb outsider fodder to make us look cool and smart.

6 Likes

Bond levels with your crew and main characters.

And I’m definitely not saying it because people want to date Iris or Edward. :melting_face:

I just want more interactions with the main characters and make them feel, you know, like main characters. The crew we’re building up is pretty dynamic, and interactions between them would be great.

You know how the crew of your ship, deckhand or not, will sometimes spout random quotes? You could have Iris, Morden, Edward or Enizor throwing quotes out, or interacting with each other when you talk to them. Surely it’s a pain to generate a lot of variation lines to make them not repetitive, but even a little bit of interacting within the crew would make the game more immersive and alive.

Oh, and the bond level? I was thinking you could do stuff like fishing together, brewing together, cooking together, fighting together, whatever. Gifts are also viable. And you know what I was thinking? Increasing their bond level makes them help you in regular battles or follow you around. They hang around on your ship and when you ask them to, they’ll go with you, and if they get hurt in battle, they have a cooldown just like the Clash of Clans’ Barbarian King, Archer Queen and whatever the other guy is. :fr:

I’m pretty sure none of this is getting added because, well, lots to do and Vetex is busy polishing the game, and the story has to go on. And programming NPCs following you without them having to reappear constantly would be a pain. But… you know, dreams can at least still be dreams.

7 Likes

Not to say this isn’t a neat idea, but I doubt the main cast will assist in actual combat. Keep in mind vetex doesn’t want your ship’s crew fighting due to balancing reasons, I assume the same would apply to this

2 Likes

Moral dilemmas in story. MC is someone with a strong sense of justice, and theyll be led to be doing a lot of things in story. Id love this to be a point of internal conflict within the character and maybe the player too.

Conflicting point of views in the cast. Having an internal conflict with yourself is one thing, then it gets even more messier when you’re in a group. I’d love there to be differences in the point of views of the cast as we go along. If we do things that other characters disagree, or other characters do things that MC would disagree with, etc. It leads to a lot of interesting dynamics and gives a really good opportunity to actually explore the characters in the story. From the start of Nimbus Sea, we won’t be alone to make decisions anymore. Id love to see this actually explored.

MC actually screwing up, thinking theyre doing a good thing, turns out that they made a terrible mistake. Yep, this one. I want to see something like this actually happening, and this might even affect the character the most cause again… this is a character who does have a strong sense of justice in the story. It can even break relationships with other characters. It shows that this MC is actually very flawed in their point of view sometimes. There are a lot of good hints that MC struggles with thinking of the concequences, so this makes it even more likely.

And ultimately, learning that the world isnt white and black. I feel like this would be a lesson MC would learn after the “grave mistake” thing that they did.

EDIT: Yes, Im adding something in here, can be considered an addition to what’s above.

MC actually overcoming character flaws. One biggest thing Ive noticed that is a running theme through main story and even side quests is hubris. This guy, for an amnesiac, is way too confident in their abilities lmao. Also note that Hubris is also a common character flaw in Greek stories. Considering they’re also impulsive… yeah.

I mean, c’mon, dude wasnt even supposed to look for General Argos, they did it out of sheer spite.

I think the loss of memory with the Order may have actually stampeded theyre growth from this. You wouldnt be having this if you were to have such a horrid experience of powerlessness for several months. As horrible as it was, it wouldve humbled this guy a lot.

So yeah, Im saying I want them to not pull the punches and allow MC to experience more consequences from their actions, and have that serve as a focal point of character growth.

16 Likes

Just having more naval centered story quests would be nice. like I want to roll up to some order base and level it to the ground with my G.N file’s brig after taking 25 years to get there since it has less sailing speed than a caravel.

Ooo! Yes let’s give the MC moral dilemmas! :poggers2:

3 Likes

Underground city like the dwarven cities in the Inheritance Cycle. Just a whole chapter underground and when we come out again Keraxe idk invaded half the planet because we were living under a rock.

An underground city would be cool, they often looks really nice as well.

2 Likes

I need a gimmick story bossfight

please vetex, give us a gimmick story bossfight

We now need an Elius / Carina quartermaster that increases speed or turnspeed.

4 Likes

what, like Angel Creed? Or what type of gimmick?

A boss fight that includes 2 or all story side characters in it. Like teaming up with morden or something to defeat julian.

1 Like

Possibly in a sense that the ally isn’t an active one, but is passive (e.g, you need to like protect morden for him to do something)
that reminds me, I kinda want a certain combat part of the story that isn’t just a boss or course, you have to actively defend someone and progress the area not so fast

yeah and we will fuckin do it again, and again and untill we run out of generals to kill in fortresses to sneak

in the sky’s of elysium, doge king’s domain…

by losing and losing, doge king sacrifices his sense of self to become the very thing he hate… after losing with his primordial gold magic to superliam guest and qczrz, he knew he could only do one last thing to save himself. with his god power he kicks qc and guest, and beats superliam (protagonist) in a fight and he doesn’t fight back, then he talks exactly as selectorch talked to him before: “you’ll never reach the truth” then he bans superliam from the game