What are some things you will miss from WoM when AO gets released?

nothing literally nothing

I would have really loved to see a full Magius.

Only thing that I miss about WoM is dynamic npcs

1 Like

Flight Magic, a Continent (a number of the stuff that was/is planned is objectively so much better on a continent then a bunch of islands and seas, plus, I just really love a continent then a bunch of islands and seas. (tell me, what would camping be better on? A continent, (where you can do it anywhere) or a bunch of islands and seas? (where you can only do it on islands) and plus, the camping would change your spawn point so the continent is even more superior then a bunch of islands and seas (for some of the planned stuff) then it already was. And being a wanted criminal is infinitely far better on a continent cause then you can go and hide anywhere and simply wander. Hunger is far better on a continent. Magic Energy Sensing is so much better on a continent (cause then you can actually use it rather then use it and then “oh so the guy’s on this island huh? Effortless tracking sure is fun.” (NOT) And boats kinda take away any semblance of stealth/hiding and considering just how far you would be able to see the ships, well, yeah. And I really liked the dialogue for the Magic Council. And of course FLIGHT MAGIC! I mean COME ON, how could you NOT like this! I wanted to FLY and have fun and mess around with it. (My imagination could totally fill in any and all gaps) And not to mention, I have an imitation/mimication file for a certain character who could fly at extremely high speeds (and with Vetex limiting the High Jump and Hover spells so significantly I wont even be able to attempt to imitate his certain spell, because I wouldn’t be able to stay airborne. (Now I know that gliders are gonna be a thing but it’s just not the same…and I prefer using magic to fly then using some glider.) Why must Vetex limit the High Jump and Hover spells so? Why does he have to limit them at all? Isn’t the game supposed to be of the realm of a somewhat open world? (I mean, that’s sure how it seems to be, at least to me) Where you could freely use your magic however you want? You have Magic Energy for a reason you know? Can’t he just let people be as creative as they want with their magic? At this point he might as well get rid of the High Jump spell due to how incredibly limited it got. 1 High Jump spell, 1 Hover spell. <—This is all you get until touching the ground again. WHY? If you want to make height based puzzles, sure, go right on ahead, but please don’t do this to the 2 mobility type spells, there are people who would quite possibly want to do the stuff as intended, and if there are people who would simply high jump their way then please just let them, please rather then limiting the spells like this. If you get rid of the Flight spell, then could you at least please un-limit the High Jump and Hover spells (mainly so I could imitate him in peace). The Magic Circle designs are also something I’d much prefer to stay as is, they looked so fabulous!!!…perhaps I’m coming off as some entitled person/spoiled brat but that is not my intention at all and if Vetex wants to do such stuff then shrugs ok, it is his game after all, I would just simply prefer certain stuff to be different and perhaps I did rather vent but oh well, his game, his rules and I entirely respect that. AO will definitely be a lot less laggy and updates will come much faster so there’s that. And the realm of World of Magic had a Hero and Villain storyline (which I very much prefer) rather then some wizard training an absolute psychopath of person and enabling the mass murderer to get more then just 1 magic to enable even more possibilities to the murdering techniques. Ah yes, Theos, you have trained me well. And not to mention all of the other people, yes, let’s just ask this blatant mass murderer whose murdered countless upon countless numbers of people for noting but the sheer fun of it for help, what’s the worst that could happen? gets murdered The WoM had a TON of potential for the story department (would it have had branching paths? I think I read somewhere that it would of had branching paths, for one would be where you join the Magic Council, which would have been a ton of fun, and I would have absolutely loved it. And apparently it would have all converged on the same path at some point.) If only both World of Magic and Arcane Odyssey would right this instant, both become 100% complete, (and both having absolutely *no lag whatsoever.) which would you play then? Both? AO? WoM? I would do both but maybe mainly WoM. Oh and with the stat system of AO (just so you know). And Horses would have also been so much fun to play with.

the map, i don’t care if its a “”“walking simulator”""", a huge continent would be a really cool

1 Like

i’m gonna miss those damn bosses.

unironicly
the continent

1 Like

Flight spells. I don’t really care for sea and ships just give me the ability to fly. Ngl I would like carriages in the game if the continent was back. Selling money with trade routes would be nice.

Continent. It was what got me invested into wom in the first place

1 Like

wom was roblox’s first strand type game

2 Likes

fuck flight i’m sad we never got to be magic cowboys

1 Like

culture

racism

Reading the trello cards about cultures really got me hooked. Going to miss the few npcs and magic council we got to know.

OOH the reference

I will miss dynamic npc’s too :frowning: The game felt so interactive when you are able to engage in combat with literary every npc’s in towns and wilderness, and those moving merchants were just cool to follow around XD

Femvid

killing npc settlements for fun

1 Like

It’s time to end this mans career. I’m actually gonna organize all my thoughts and not go on a full twitter rant just going crazy.

Flight and Movement

Flight

AOs ocean is meant to be dangerous and give you a sense of adventure when sailing. If you could just fly over any obstacle, the game wouldn’t give you any feeling at all. What good would diverse weather, boat mechanics, random pirates, tsunamis, whirlpools, and much more do when you could just fly. It also let’s you go anywhere even if there’s height or obstacles.

It’s outright a bad mechanic and shouldn’t be kept. Most people want it to stay purely due to it being their fantasy to fly around. Don’t let it overtake you and think about it from a game design perspective.

High Jump and Hover Limits

With the magic high jumps being 50% lower and only one being used in the air, they act as a double jump. You’re forced to use more ground movement and can’t rely on spamming high jump to stall or escape. In combat, it feels much better having people close up and not just spamming. You have to be strategic in order to use this jump effectively. You also get it back rewarding players for touching grass.

Hover was used very often to stall out and mixup. Making sure you have one use in the air allows for it to be a one time mix-up, then you’ll be punished if used incorrectly.

The game shouldn’t be fully based in the air. In a 3D space, it’s much harder to hit players that can move in all 360 directions compared to having a bit more restrictions. You can’t fully rely on placed explosions and beams to hit as you can easily be punished.

Height Based Puzzles and Obstacles

You can have 0 puzzles or obstacle with all this movement. You can’t even add a sense of discovery with it. Just high jump up and hover and boom done. No tension, no risk, absolutely nothing. With careful movement requiring precision, you can have meaningful world design where you must fully learn the movement to get rewarded.

Magic Energy

Just because you have a magic energy limit, doesn’t mean it works all the time. People can easily just spam spells and go all in, then charge from a safe distance. There’s absolutely an issue with this as you shouldn’t be encouraged to just have all cooldowns and such be based on energy. With these high jump and hover mechanics implemented, you can’t as easily go up and stay up forever.

Continent

Being a Wanted

Doesn’t it sound much cooler being in a wanted crew then being a wanted criminal? Going around island to island, stealing treasure, and still raiding other boats in wars. You also have much more advanced mechanics then simply run at them. Go all out compared to hiding. It’s not like you can hide when you got stuff like magic sense anyways.

Camping

Even I don’t understand why this is a point here. Camping serves no purposes really. What will it do in WoM? Just let you cook food at most I guess. AO doesn’t need it even when you can just chill with the boys on a boat. When you capture an island, you can create a cool base on your personal island. Look at all the AA bases, especially ones from the AG. You can’t tell me that isn’t gonna be sick in AO

Hunger

You can fish anywhere and there won’t be any animals in WoM. You have accessible food at all times. Not much to say when hunger isn’t even out.

Magic Sense

Another feature that isn’t even out cool. Basically ESP anywhere so it works on continent and on an island. Stop hiding bro we need some player interactions holy.

Horses

Horses against boats, oh boy. One has full mechanics such as winds, naval combat, upgrades, etc. while the other is just transportation. No one’s sword fighting on boats when you could always just jump up into the sky and boom they’re useless. They’re a reason why a lot of the terrain in WoM is bland and repetitive, and they’re meant to be a fix? Better to just make the world a fun place to navigate and explore then have a bandaid fix to a problem that shouldn’t be there.

Storyline

Hero/Villain Issues

Making people choose a big decision early on that’s unchangeable and will affect them for the rest of the game? Not exactly the best choice. You also got to design 2 FULL storylines compared to 1, I’d gladly take quality over quantity. This means the storyline also has to be worked on for twice as long making updates even slower. Reputation was how the AG saw you, not everyone.

Open World Format

Due to the structure of the world design. You cant create meaningful arenas or areas. The storyline just feels squished in with the format just for a way to get second magic. You’ll see much more RNG just to even fight a single boss later on, which isn’t exactly the greatest.

Miscellaneous

Magic Circle

Ever heard the quote “less is more”. WoM circles are overcomplicated compared to AO circles. Just a nice simple design without any complex things needed. Much better from afar too as you can see it’s aspects much more clearly.

8 Likes

im just gonna miss the m.c breaking their own tower, causing threats, and king david sexy silver

wait why are magic circles being changed?