What are your ideas for bosses in future?

Achilles and other heros from the myths.

side quest
sniper boss to unlock a summon scrolls

stay on the move in and out of cover also don’t try and camp to regen HP he is going to mortar you with shells that spawn magic minions

also, this isn’t a foot battle this is a ship vs ship battle

A boss with has a proper, recognizable pattern of moves, instead of just being a glamorized field NPC.

Also one where its pretty clearly telegraphed rather than ‘ooh look magic circle’ (looking at you calvus blasts and 5x hit attack)

1 Like

I want a boss that in the first phase you have a ship battle but in the second phase the ship crashes onto a nearby island and you and your crew fight the boss and their crew.

medusa
ash and shadow magic
if you look for 2 long at her you turn to stone and only goes back to normal once she deals enough damage
death message would be ''player was turned to stone by medusa)
she’d be located in the dark sea’s range 2

A Random Sameria General

Storyline Description
Our journey to arrive at Sameria Queen’s residence aimed towards the cooperation of Sameria’s military would be cut short by this hothead. Who after word of Calvus’ untimely death reaches Sameria located the MC and intercepted them.

General Information
Health: 5400
Class Warrior
Arsenal: Rapier Type Weapon, Claw Type Weapon

Boss Fight Summary
Aggressive Mosquito with high damage.

a sparring match against Ruby Roger where, in his second phase he calls his men for extra help
Note: i said SPARRING match so you can always redo the ‘boss battle’ again by talking to him
so technically its the first boss that can only be respawned by a quest

Due to him evidently being very good at making speeches, he summons an entire army

Based of this concept it would be a Large machairodont with a more lean build, in the first phase it will mainly keep a distance while alternating magic attacks of earth, ice and lightning

In the second phase it would start to become more aggressive, attacking up close a lot more with acid imbued on its physical attacks and moving around using wind magic to move around while using magic

not really a specific boss concept but I saw someone made a suggestion on cinematic clashes in between boss phases. So for example, when you get a boss to half health you would enter a quick time event or something (kinda like god of war), and winning it would start the next phase of the boss

That’d be dope but would probably be annoying to make the clashes work with weapons, fighting styles, and all the magics unless all the clashes are made to be generic things that work with every class which would get kinda boring after the first couple times

Bruuuhhh, please no. The bosses are already mobile enough.

I was thinking of a Boss like Vagabond from Combat Initiation

It sure how’d this work entirely but I’d like a boss where 2 groups of players have to fight separate bosses and if they fail to do enough damage the bosses would team up and be even harder to fight

A colossal boss like ULTRAKILL’s corpse of king Minos or Mr 58 (the goat) from Fantastic Frontier

Extremely high amount of health, big and devastating attacks with pretty big windups and everything else that comes with it.

If every boss is a player sized guy moving at Mach 10, it may get repetitive, so a boss like this (and some bosses with sizes inbetween this and a normal human) are probably a good idea imo

I’ll give him pre-nerf thermo and strength weapons instead.

vastus hybrid bosses :flushed:

Highly powerful secret savant boss identical to the Peacekeeper when he was in 3rd sea, his movesets are similar to a player and has no special gimmicks other than his pattern being that of a PvP god with aimbot and dodge reflex abuse/longer parry frames and access to all lost skills on his current sea despite being a savant. (whether it be nimbus or vimir)

He’d also have his HP depending on the max level, his parry abuse and natural regeneration will make his effective HP much larger than presented.

Summary: V2 from Ultrakill.