What are your predictions for the next sea?

Idea:

huge text wall idea

~Nimbus Sea~

Scenario 1:
A huge calamity caused the inhabitants of the Nimbus Sea to take refuge into the sky. Your job is to find out just what might have happened down below that caused nearly everyone in the sea to move into the sky.

Appearance:
Bottom: Filled with sea monsters, undead pirates, and polluted water. Going into the water of the Nimbus Sea will slowly deplete your HP, and give you insanity.

Top: A huge, much larger version of Cirrus town, with Sky Cities, Cloud Water, and cloud-powered machines.

niche:

Cloud water:
Water extracted from the clouds around. It is incredibly pure. It can be used as fuel for Sky Vehicles and can be drank, replenishing 25 Hunger, and giving you a Stamina Buff.
Can be bought from Sky Vendors for 20 galleons.

Cloud Ketch:
An advancement in sky technology created the Sky Ketch, a speedy and durably ketch that can go from Sky City to Sky City in under a couple of minutes.
Instead of getting an upgraded sky ship for free, you will get the old one for free. However, you are given the option to buy a sky caravel for 1,200 galleons.

Sky City:
Cities built on huge stratus and cumulonimbus clouds. Each cloud is about as huge as the Bronze City of Rubica.
Would inhabit quest givers, sky vendors, sky builders, and more.

Sky Pirates:
Due to the situation on ground level, not only did civilians and heroes alike move to the skies, so did pirates and villains. Sky Pirates are a bit rare, since most of them died trying to get into the sky cities. However, the sky pirates that did make it are formidable foes.
Normally found on Sky Caravels(3 Sky Pirates), or Sky Ketches(8+ pirates). The deck hands are levels 5-25, and the captains are levels from 120-150.

advancements in sky technology

After being sent into the sky, many smart and capable minds worked together to make the sky a more habitable place for a large amount of people. Here are some inventions used in Sky Technology today.

1. Cloud Spotter
    “Running out of cloud fuel and getting stranded out at sky? Use a cloud spotter! If there is a nearby cloud, recommended to be at a distance of 100 meters away, you can use the spotter to suck fuel from the cloud and put it into your sky ship!”

2. Sky Ship Defense Mechanisms
    “Today, we lost another party of people to the sky pirates. We can’t just let them bully us like this. Our old navy may be useless now, but with this idea, we can fight back even without heroes.
    I introduce: Sky cannons and Sky rams. Instead of using gunpowder, which we are running out of at an extreme rate, we will use water propelled projectiles that will pierce into the Sky Pirate’s ships, making them unflyable. As for the rams, you may be thinking “A ram on a sky ship? It would be too heavy!”. Well, these special rams are not used to damage a ship directly. Instead, it would be used to fire a hook, which we can use to send our troops to attack the enemies with.”

3. Sky Ship Cloud Attachments
    “Running out of gas has been a number 1 killer, second only to the infamous Sky Pirates. Now, the idea I have proposed is for sure going to be expensive, but here it is: A Sky Ship that brings the cloud WITH it.
    No, it is not impossible… at least, it isn’t with magic. Using magic energy, we can attach clouds to the bottom of our ship, which would make it so that we never DO run out of cloud fuel.
    Perhaps you may be thinking this would ruin business… but as of now, we shouldn’t worry about money. We should be worrying about our own survival.”

here’s some ideas

key i have just been asked to somehow draw a sky monster and then you drop this

give me 15 minutes

1 Like

idea, we will likely meet shura again, so what if A. shura is working for one the warring nations and we fight him again. B. he is a newly recruited member of the order like elius. C. Shura helps us get inside one of the warring nations as maybe he has some inside connections.

Ooh, a sky monster? I never thought of that…

But, wouldn’t a sky monster be sort of a total life ending scenario for sky inhabitants? I mean, it’s an apex predator and it’s not like the people going into the sky will be prepared to fight it.

I think we’ll get more exploration on the ‘traits’.

For example, those of you who chose to kill Elius may not get a chance to become allies with Shura. But if Elius is killed by his own wounds and not directly by you, he will give you the option to team up.

We might also get a choice to KILL//SPARE Shura. The games ending could have something like a genocide route or a pacifist route LOL

me thinking about undertale immediatly, and how my first run was a spoiled genocide

its gotten a bit bigger now

3 Likes

if they will act like sharks in the sea, they will just dive off from cloud/fog and ram into boat and submerge them self back inside cloud/fog.

still working on it give me a sec

4 Likes

i can’t be bothered to do any more, if anyone else wants to add to it feel free to

Sky Monsters
"Damn it… So us sky pirates weren’t the only threat? How the hell did a white eyes get up here, and HOW DID IT MUTATE? Damn it… is this is all I can wri"
… Last words of a sky pirate, newly discovering a Sky Monster.

1. Sky Shark(s?)
    On Ianuários 12th, the first Sky Monster was spotted. A white eyes had mutated, finding a way to “swim” in the cloud it has “claimed”. It doesn’t seem to be able to leave the cloud it is in, and luckily, we have only spotted one of them.

2. Undead
    When the “GREAT CALAMITY” had first occurred, people that possessed magic and drowned in the sea turned into Undead. Some unsightly villains had been revived, but we took solace in the fact that the undead could not follow us into the sky.
    Sadly, this hope was lost. An island that must have been splashed with the cursed water from below has been infested with undead Sky Pirates. The ship they have is totally destroyed, so many have been advised to avoid the island incase they manage to get ahold of a new ship.

3. Cloud Aberrations
    A set of special clouds has been shown swirling in the sky at an alarmingly fast rate. Any team sent to investigate has not ever returned, so we told citizens to stay away from the swarming clouds. There is a chance that the clouds seen are actually just normal clouds, but if they were, how come 3 of our parties has never returned from an exploration of them?

2 Likes

my island appears along with the satan blast

“Let’s see how they’ll handle my… BIDEN BLAST.”

1 Like

ok wait hear me out

in the middle of the ocean (if it’s dominated by sky islands) spawns the Leviathan

maybe there’s like one or two cool islands lying around

but what if the sea is mostly dominated by a sea monster?

also diving spots here would probably be cracked if that was the case

1 Like

Morden continues to completely lose his capability for empathy.
The death curse is hinted to not be what it seems or outright revealed to be something else
(likely involving chaos)

1 Like

just imagine one oversized monster completely making an entire sea uninhabitable :skull:

Imagine the “sky monster” is just a long monster that managed to poke its head into the sky

I mean, the Leviathan is described as small, BUT it’s also said to be able to sink an entire fleet of ships

it is also said to be under stormy clouds, and assuming the nimbus sea is entirely storm which would be cool, that would also make sense

i have become a dead meme (the boob update has no longer been requested)