What did vetex do to lost magics

does he know

no, it means the lost magic is kind of overlapping the same slot that the base magic is, a good example of this is in the webcomics when juniper regresses her flare magic for a moment so to speak so that she can demonstrate light magic

1 Like

source
or I’m misunderstanding this

it’s just overlapping so to speak, since minds aren’t canon anymore it’s more like you just have both magics, but if the system about not losing the base magic once mutated is implemented in game i imagine it would have to be through overlapping
but i think it’s possible in game that we just won’t get to keep the base magic once mutated

Mid next year we’re gonna be level like, 160-180 at most. We’re much more than a year away from lost magics

all of this is based off of your assumption that the way it works in lore will be exactly how it works ingame; this can very much not be the case, since at this point it’s almost more likely for a gameplay feature to exist independent of lore rather than conforming to it.

Even if the way it works in lore is how it’s reflected ingame, the view you’ve taken to it is pretty narrow minded and there are possibilities I haven’t seen you consider. For all we know, magic-users “not losing their base magic when they mutate it” can translate to us retaining the ability to cast spells from the base magic we mutated after we mutated it, rather than your interpretation of us only being able to mutate into magics similar to our first mind.

Either way, I’ve only seen you be deadset on being a doomer about this change when the concept of it is far from fleshed out (at least publicly) and most people seem to agree that it probably won’t work in the way you’re assuming.

me, i wanna swap out acid for flare because it looks cool

How do yall hold an argument with me when I’m not here?

i feel like hecate shards should also double as hecate essence when theyre added even if its not lore-accurate

youd get the ability to mutate your magic as well as an option to change your magic beforehand (changing magics wouldnt consume the shard because that would defeat the purpose of this, youd only get one magic change with the shard ofc)

since we have some divine blood in us or something like that then that could allow us to do that with the shards as well (still not the most lore-accurate thing, but i think gameplay and fun should be valued over perfectly adhering to the lore)

1 Like

The issue I have with this is that if there isn’t a limit to this in some form people could just keep a hecate shard on them and change their magic whenever they want

no

you could select different magics in whatever gui itll have but you only get one actual magic change per shard

you can see the mutations of other magics before picking one

Why carry around a worthless broken shard?

what shard are we talking about a mutation + magic change sounds pretty useful to me

what is blud talking about

Slash better be a Glass mutation

Yeah, but if it’s used up, why would it stay in your inventory?

more like wind mutation just like back in AA

i thought it was planned to be an earth mutation in aa times

how is slash related to earth though

oh slash, i misread as shatter

There was no slash magic planned