What did vetex do to lost magics

Speed is definitely a no since vetex says it no longer exists, atomic might be possible but it’s likely electron and/or apocalypse bringer replaced it

atomic wasn’t about explosions, it’s about atoms, it would deconstruct attacks to use for your own

I don’t think we ever really got a visualization of atomic magic from vetex, but I think honestly it could’ve been either or. “Atomic” as a word gets related a lot to atomic bombs in media afaik so it’s possible it was made in relation to that, but I don’t think we’ll really know.

Either way I still think it’s possible electron magic was the replacement for atomic considering that it is a subatomic particle

Not the brighton biter magic :sob:

mutations were never added in game, but we do have spectre’s trello (which i trust) and the webcomic, which while the story is not entirely canon, trollus said she discussed the magics and mutations with vetex and tech when she was making the mutation chart, so i expect those at least would be accurate
spectre trello
webcomic trello

electron is just called electron because that’s what causes lightning, it’s not a replacement for atomic

1 Like

Spectre & Trollus trello atomic descriptions kinda just sounds like a super complicated shatter/absorption curse but at home kind of

I’m not too sure if we’ll get that as it’s gimmick if we DO get atomic back

I mean, if we lost time and speed, no way we’re keeping atomic.

Here’s hoping that we keep Flash(bang) Magic

i think it can be neat, just modify it a bit to work with the current spell system, like having it take however much of the attack it manages to win the clash against instead of just disintegrating stuff, and then your next spell (or maybe an even later one, i have some ideas) incorporates that into itself
to aid in this i suspect it would have generally good clash rates, but it would lose against some magics such as those whose element is not made up of some kind of matter, like light and gravity magic

1 Like

Flash kind of sounds weak on paper as a lost magic, since it’s supposed to be centered mostly on blinding and disorienting people rather than actual power

Light 2, great

Either way, it should be renamed to Atom (no magic is named after an adjective)

i don’t really think that’s too important but sure i guess

It sounds like Light with a lot of size, an equal (if not superior) speed, and worse damage.

maybe a longer blind effect too

Apocalypse bringer

also solar and lunar

Also metal I guess

that is two nouns

lunar yea, solar is actually called sun magic though

First

Second

Source: Miriam Webster

i was responding to your apocalypse bringer message, but metal magic is also named metal as in the noun metal, not the adjective metal