What do you think level 1000 (and beyond) PvP will look like

Bruuuuuhhhhh.

So basically, there’s no improvement to be had outside of defense and power scaling?

Dangit Vetex, why you gotta cook like this?

1 Like

either substats aren’t relevant till level 800 or so or they become stupidly op past level 125
this is the best way

It legitimately isn’t. We can change the scaling to give severely diminishing returns, change it to percentile, and cap it off depending on the player level. While it would be a bit more complicated, there are better solutions than just repeatedly band-aiding this issue.

isn’t that how it works already

it would be basically the same thing except at high levels getting a bit of every substat would be an op strat where you would have high agility, atk speed, and aoe

idk what u mean by this

ok but how does that affect the actual scaling

it isn’t being bandaided every update it’s just based on ur level

so many people in this thread talking about the substat formula and whatnot when im not even the one who made the current formula :skull: the balance team handles that bs

also the endgame max level will be around 600, not 1000

8 Likes

this isn’t true, its relative to whatever the current max level is, not your own level

2 Likes

You’re starting to make me think that the last sea in the war seas will be for lvl 600/700+ players. Entirely optional past the story’s max level.

It was said that the story would go up to 800, if story goes up to 600, will we be able to level to 1k after story? Otherwise some hybrid builds wont be able to wield losts and non will be able to wield ancients

They will improve but only slightly

Like, let us level to 1k, add some super rare techniques, spells or weapons with 1.2k+ reqs (pure exclusive) or 1.2k reqs (60% hybrid exclusive), it would also let us have Warlocks with either an Ancient Magic or an Evolved Lost FS.
600 is high don’t get me wrong but it’s just such a weird number, 1k is way cleaner and gives us way more build liberty

Coming back to this after some rest—yeah, you’re right here. This wouldn’t fix anything. The system’s already starting to stretch thin, we can’t just keep it where it is.

Okay so, one idea I had was to have Agility, Atk SPD, and Atk SZ be percentage modifiers, rather than having linear progression with a drop off. The stats themselves would no longer have “level ranges” where they would give more of the stat. They’d also hard cap at +100%. My reasoning is, this would be easier to balance as all you’d have to do to not go into absurd size zone would be to stop increasing a Magic’s base size past a certain level.

For Atk SPD, this would prevent it from reaching a point where your attacks become instantaneous as the hard cap would mean that at most, you’d have half the normal startup/end lag frames.

For Agility, this would just remove the need to scale the stat based on the max level. Don’t you think it’d be a bit janky to lose a bunch of mobility for a few levels and upgrades just because the max level was raised? You could also just set certain thresholds where Agility-based movement modifiers start happening, rather than having it change every time the player levels up. (Make the “instant” High Jump occur at about +75% agility or something)

Finally, this all makes it so that there’s an actual meaning behind these stats at earlier levels. With how the stats are currently set up, there are “level ranges” where Armors give significantly more of a stat per range. The best example of this is in amulets, which have variants depending on their level range.

According to the wiki, “Poor” Agility amulets give a maximum of +15 Agility at level 50. “Fair” Agility amulets, meanwhile, grant +65 Agility at level 120. Little bit of an explosive difference. The “Fair” amulet has more than four times the stat of the “Poor”, despite only being a little more than twice the “Poor” amulet’s level. The issue is, the “Poor” amulet for Substats is already nearly useless at its level. And if scaling is based on the Maximum Level, then it will become even more laughably weak as the game updates.

TL;DR:
With the current system, early levels will feel even weaker as the game gets updated, and later levels will basically just feel like level 125 now. I’m fine with the later issue, though I’m concerned about the former. At Max Level 600, substats at 125 will mean basically nothing, nor would they at any level up until around 400 or so.

damn :fr:
can’t believe i was accidentally spreading misinformation

i’m not sure that changes anything except adding a hard cap, then it would be basically the same as high scaling but with severely diminishing returns

ig it doesn’t matter bc vetex himself came corrected me :fr:

600? Why are you doing us like that? I thought it would go to 1k

and even then, i will still go on power, defense, atk speed

ULTIMATE ART: ATOMIC PULSAR!

Ultimate Art : Shatter Quake! (Shatter-imbued Slam-Smash)

damn vetex’s grandchild is a vampire?

Ain’t that means that low lvl players will eventually find all items of their lvl useless? Cuz 50 lvl gear won’t give any stats, if substat formula is based on 600 lvl items.