What do you think the best magic for pvp is?

eh, i’d say most of them are equal, but some stand out with their clash interactions, their damage, speed, all that sort of stuff
i don’t know what the ones that stand out are im not big into pvp nor am i good at it
I NEED AIM AAAAAAA

I mean obviously, wind is the best magic in the game… no cap

Bruh, if you can’t counter great spin you got problems.

@Several_people Great spin isn’t meta, it’s trash

nah it’s not too bad honestly

It’s not tooo bad, but I definitely wouldn’t call it op

yeah, its just good for getting out of a tight spot, at least with the way i’ve used it. the final blow?

Ye it’s a good final blow, my final blow is usually a beam tho

my aim sucks so ;-;

1 Like

it’s not broken, but it’s still really good, especially if used in conjunction with, you know, magma?
It’s great for putting pressure on your opponents once you have the advantage, or starting a trade. EVEN if you think greatspin is bad, weapons are still bonkers strong if you’re good with aiming. Daggers and spears are great sources of bleed(they also go super fast and hit pretty hard), and 60 percent damage is nothing to scoff at.

They still bad, and magma might be A tier but definitely not best because its 60% bleed boost doesn’t make up for its lack of speed, I could legit shoot a 2 blast as a magma user is shooting 1 100% blast which makes me do 500+ dmg while the magma guy with great spin then bleed boost 112+300 still ends up doing less on blast

The 300 is assuming they get the bleed boost

I’m going to ramble about the metagame before giving my answer bcuz the elephant in the room is the Sunken Sword and the toolkit it enables.

Crouching Sword, Hidden Tide (assessment of the PvP scene)

With the Sunken Sword and Old Sword (Rising Tide and Great Spin respectively), such a build generally can take on the scariest blast punishes and not lose the PvP outright. This is because a Sunken Sword user can run a full defense stat distribution without sacrificing on damage to assist magic attributes. No other build can afford this. Rising Tide is also a busted ass escape option because you can recharge stamina freely while being more difficult to punish than with a traditional magic attack. In contrast magic needs to be recharged, and recharging is a punishable option. Remember, Sunken Sword users have access to their own magic. If their magic type clashes favorably with all other magic types, it doesn’t matter how strong the punish is. They can punish your punish with their own 3 shot, or at least neuter 60% of what could be 700 damage. This is an incredible mixup. It is so fucking busted. I’m shocked that no one explicitly talks about this if they care about PvP.

By abusing these attributes, this Sunken Sword build forces all other builds to play around close range trades. This kind of metagame privileges fat builds over glass cannons who might be able to deal 80% on a full punish, but cannot take a full punish themselves. Moreover, this can be supplemented with magic types which synergize with bleed.

At an optimal level, the game really centralizes around whether you have the tools and skillset to counter great spin/rising tide /bleed multiplier magics. Conversely, the game is also about which magic types synergize best with Sunken Sword and defense.

There are two possible questions to assess how optimal a magic type is.

1. Can it counter the Sunken Sword build? (either by itself or through another toolset)
  2. Can it optimally abuse the Sunken Sword build?

Based on that there are only a few valid criteria. Your magic has to either enact or capitalize off of bleed. It needs to be able to deal at least 1.5x the damage of the sunken sword, raw or DoT. If it isn’t fast, it has to beat other magics in the clash. If you are playing against the Sunken Sword build, it has to be a fast magic that can beat other magics in the clash.

Barring magic combos in the future, you basically get:
Lightning
Plasma
Glass
Paper
Poison
Magma (As of this current iteration of WoM, has the most benefits that synergize with Sunken Sword)

Of these Magma is probably the most broken right now for how it complements the sunken sword build and its win conditions. There are probably “better” magic types overall which is why you see lightning and plasma used a lot more, and why other magic types will probably get better with more updates.

Magma is way too slow to monopolize of off it more than other magics, something like plasma/fire/Acid monopolize off the bleed much better purely due to their speed

I myself use poison in wom

I think that poison is overall a decent magic to use for PvP and PvE. The clouds do really good in both factors, but in PvP from what I’ve noticed after some time playing and fighting against other players the clouds are ok because you can deal some extra dmg after each attack. However at this stage its easy to avoid but it just comes down to who you go up against. Since we are just in the early stages of WoM we really don’t know the true capabilities of these magics and how powerful they truly are. We will just have to see how it turns out as we progress to higher levels.

you’re going to be screwed when this is addedimage

what if i told you

all magics have the same cast speed

from this shitty statement it becomes clear that none of your statements are based in fact, but rather originate from deep within your ass.

pick one

also, speed doesn’t really matter that much, a good pvper on magma is stupid strong.

How would i be screwed?

poison has very low damage impact damage, and since poisoned lasts for 20 seconds its going to have very low damage output no matter what attack you use

Bruh, even if there’s the same cast speed for blasts, all magma users have to be close due to the nature of their blasts, light users, shadow, wind, paper and other Magics have leeway when it comes to blast as they can blast you from 40 meters away, theoretically I can shoot a 2 blast as someone is shooting a 1 blast with any magic as long as they’re within 10-20 meters of me and magma being way too slow Is a hindrance and that’s why it’s A tier and not S tier dumbass