What features need to be added to ensure re-playability in Arcane Odyssey?

this would be so fire. I think every week would be too often of a change though. Maybe every two weeks? And it’d have to be done in a way where people can’t just wait in queues all day instead of actually being out in the world. Especially leaderboard players.

2 Likes

Too often of a change isn’t really a thing with this idea imo. People will enjoy certain gamemodes less and want it to switch faster or want it to switch slower when it’s on their favorite gamemode, so pretty much any non-extreme amount of time works

either make the process of grinding for rarer items actually fun, make the game itself fun enough to make me want to grind for rarer items, or don’t give rare items drop rates of less than one fucking percent

that’s it that’s all i want i’ll play AO literally forever so long as it doesnt feel like a fucking 9-5. god dammit. jesus christ

granted from what i’ve heard abt AO so far that doesn’t seem like a problem it’ll run into any time soon. i hope?

trading seems pretty important

limited time events are always great like for holidays and stuff

PVP community probably will help keep the game replayable and alive as well

maybe we can have a lot of small mini features or replayable areas like trials or beat em ups where we can re-challenge certain bosses or fight hordes of enemies for rewards somewhere and test our magics

adding new islands that aren’t story important but can be fun to explore

new sea monsters occasionally as well as an incentive to hunt them

and perhaps in the EXTREMELY far future we can have like small little “expansions” from the base story that covers more lore or explores new ideas?

and perhaps in the EXTREMELY far future we can have like small little “expansions” from the base story that covers more lore or explores new ideas?

oh no i’m imagining it now

arcane odyssey season passes

1 Like

no not season passes

imagine more along the lines of like “free DLC” which addons to the story somehow

still my top favorite vetex quote

ahh so season passes but free

(I’m just fucking with you.)

it’s like the only non serious or non verbally abusive thing he’s ever said so I mean it’s probably everyone’s fav

yea and at the end you get this soooooooppeeeerr OP weapon that one shots people

(I guess I am too now)

that

uh

ok i mean i didnt really wanna be the one to say it but that… is something i have noticed

but this isnt about that and i dont wanna think about it anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

Speaking pragmatically Vetex would probably prefer hardcore grinders playing all day because more $$$ but ideally speaking you could have a daily limit on how much comp matches you could play, for something shorter and more fast paced maybe like 20 and for the longer and slower paced games maybe around 10. I suggest a weekly changed just cos most kids these days have ADHD so they want constant updates, blame fortnite

I agree, I’m just speaking of what would attract more people

What about a pve wave defense

:+1:

hear me out but make arcane odyssey a dungeon crawler rougelike somehow

like dungeons on islands to explore

(this is very late game though and probably shouldn’t be expanded on until the main story is at least in the halfway or near completion)

1 Like

I have an idea for when they add the Dark Seas.

Instead of just making it a part of the ocean, I would like the dark seas to be a minigame/dungeon thing.
How it would work is:
Somewhere in any sea that Vetex chooses, there will be a large circle that is infront of a huge wall, which is supposed to block off the entrance to the dark sea. Anyone standing on the big circle will be teleported to the Dark Sea after 10 seconds, and they will be teleported along with everyone else inside of the Dark Sea teleporter.
If they don’t want to teleport with other people, they can make a party and they will be put in a “private” server. This also works if you want to go with only your party members to the dark sea.

Once inside the dark sea, players will have 25 minutes to gather us much treasure that they can.

After 25 minutes they will be teleported back with whatever they obtained in the Dark Sea. If you die in the dark sea you will lose one life. Dying 3 times clears all your lives and you will go back to the sea you were in.
Players can only visit the dark sea once every 10 minutes.

All of the treasures will be guarded by dangerous monsters and enemies.

I don’t know exactly what would guard it because this hasn’t been revealed, but this is just my idea.

I’d rather it be just an area to grind in that is risky and rewards good loot.

Starscape did it pretty well imo where the wild areas give good loot the deeper you go but the deeper you go the further away from safety you are, so once you get low on hp it is a THRILL to try and avoid danger on the way back (even worse when going to the wilds with a miner you don’t have enough money replace + barely having defenses).

And being teleported after 25 minutes is pretty limiting and boring imo, you would just run around aimlessly to survive instead of having a specific destination you have to think about when traveling (plus there is some lore issues with the idea).

Dungeons like that should definitely be added though, like imagine a tomb that you have to rush through as fast as possible before it collapses and maybe doing certain actions speed it up

my god, perhaps that dungeon idea could have things such as a path with no treasure but it keeps the collapse further away or a path with a good amount of treasure that speeds up the collapse, then they converge n shit. pretty cool idea