What Fighting Styles Are You Planning to Use in AO?

I’ve been procrastinating on making this topic for months, for some reason, and surprisingly no one has made this topic yet so

What Base Fighting Style Will You Use in AO?
  • Combat - Basic punching, kicking, and no special effects. This is the fighting style that every player spawns with along with their first magic.
  • Boxing - A variant of combat that specializes in precise punches, this gives the user boxing gloves while equipped. At higher levels, it will focus on knockback and have wind-like effets.
  • Sailor Fist - A fighting style that relies on consuming large amounts of salt water in order to perform fast, random, and unpredictable strikes. A meter will be on the right of the screen while its selected which indicates your salt water, which can be replenished by dipping your head under the sea. Each attack uses some of the meter, and when its empty, this fighting style becomes weaker than base combat. At a higher level, this fighting style could give the soaked status effect and have water-like effects.
  • Thermo Fist - The user builds up heat, adrenaline, and friction by punching the air at increasingly fast speeds until a meter is full. While the meter is full, attacks will be very fast and even cause burns and heat-like effects at a high level, but the user must continuously keep the bar filled by punching fast if they wish to use the fighting style at its full potential.
  • Crane Style - Involves only using the legs for powerful kicking, and instead uses the arms for more acrobatic movements such as handstands. Would have more reach than most fighting styles, unsure about other differences at the moment.
  • Karate - A fighting style similar to real life karate which makes enemies more susceptible to grabs, and causing grabs to deal more damage. The user would have a colored belt indicating their skill with the fighting style.
  • Knocking Fist - A fighting style in which the user repeatedly hits pressure points and vital areas of an enemy, causing them to slow down and will deal more damage the more hits are dealt in a period of time, if the maximum hits are reached the enemy will become paralyzed. At high levels it would have elecricity-like effects.
  • Cannon Fist - A fighting style which focuses heavily on throwing strength, its abilities consist of throwing cannonballs in a variety ways.

0 voters

I think I’d probay go for knocking fist because of the paralysis, but who knows how hard it will be to inflict.

For Those Who’ll Choose a Second Fighting Style What two Will you be Running?
  • Combat - Basic punching, kicking, and no special effects. This is the fighting style that every player spawns with along with their first magic.
  • Boxing - A variant of combat that specializes in precise punches, this gives the user boxing gloves while equipped. At higher levels, it will focus on knockback and have wind-like effets.
  • Sailor Fist - A fighting style that relies on consuming large amounts of salt water in order to perform fast, random, and unpredictable strikes. A meter will be on the right of the screen while its selected which indicates your salt water, which can be replenished by dipping your head under the sea. Each attack uses some of the meter, and when its empty, this fighting style becomes weaker than base combat. At a higher level, this fighting style could give the soaked status effect and have water-like effects.
  • Thermo Fist - The user builds up heat, adrenaline, and friction by punching the air at increasingly fast speeds until a meter is full. While the meter is full, attacks will be very fast and even cause burns and heat-like effects at a high level, but the user must continuously keep the bar filled by punching fast if they wish to use the fighting style at its full potential.
  • Crane Style - Involves only using the legs for powerful kicking, and instead uses the arms for more acrobatic movements such as handstands. Would have more reach than most fighting styles, unsure about other differences at the moment.
  • Karate - A fighting style similar to real life karate which makes enemies more susceptible to grabs, and causing grabs to deal more damage. The user would have a colored belt indicating their skill with the fighting style.
  • Knocking Fist - A fighting style in which the user repeatedly hits pressure points and vital areas of an enemy, causing them to slow down and will deal more damage the more hits are dealt in a period of time, if the maximum hits are reached the enemy will become paralyzed. At high levels it would have elecricity-like effects.
  • Cannon Fist - A fighting style which focuses heavily on throwing strength, its abilities consist of throwing cannonballs in a variety ways.

0 voters

If I go a file with two fighting styles I’d probably run karate and crane? Idk why

What Fighting Style do you Think Will be the Strongest (no pun intended)?

0 voters

I feel like it’ll be between cannon, knocking and maybe thermo and sailor fist. The paralysis effect for knocking fisr could be pretty good but who knows, maybe sailor will be the meta. But I think knocking will be the strongest

What Fighting Style do you Think Will be the Most Used?

0 voters

Probably knocking fist or thermo? Idk

What Lost Fighting Style Will you be Going for in AO?
  • Radius Fist - A fighting style that requires a lot of mental strength to use, this allows the user to extend the range of their hits using extreme willpower, sending shockwaves with each attack.
  • Impact Fist - A fighting style which allows the user to charge up their physical strength in one part of their body, and choose to release it whenever they please, which can cause extreme effects. (Unsure how it would charge up, but it would likely do low damage by default and have the charged attacks deal higher damage. This will not work like Arcane Adventures’ Impact Fist as that was very abusable and detrimental to the game)
  • Vampirism - An ancient ritual found on this lost scroll curses you with vampirism, which makes your skin lose saturation and raises your base temperature by a lot during the day which can slow your movements. In exchange, this fighting style increases your punching strength by causing your knuckle bones to protrude from your fists, which causes enemies to bleed. Each hit with this fighting style would heal you slightly, as you slowly drain the life force from your enemy. At high levels, its techniques could have blood-like effects.

0 voters

I’ll probably use vapirism. I mean, come on, that sounds so sick

What Lost Fighting Style do you Think Will be the Strongest?
  • Radius Fist - A fighting style that requires a lot of mental strength to use, this allows the user to extend the range of their hits using extreme willpower, sending shockwaves with each attack.
  • Impact Fist - A fighting style which allows the user to charge up their physical strength in one part of their body, and choose to release it whenever they please, which can cause extreme effects. (Unsure how it would charge up, but it would likely do low damage by default and have the charged attacks deal higher damage. This will not work like Arcane Adventures’ Impact Fist as that was very abusable and detrimental to the game)
  • Vampirism - An ancient ritual found on this lost scroll curses you with vampirism, which makes your skin lose saturation and raises your base temperature by a lot during the day which can slow your movements. In exchange, this fighting style increases your punching strength by causing your knuckle bones to protrude from your fists, which causes enemies to bleed. Each hit with this fighting style would heal you slightly, as you slowly drain the life force from your enemy. At high levels, its techniques could have blood-like effects.

0 voters

I think vapirism will be the strongest. Lifesteal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What Lost Fighting Style do you Think Will be the Most Used?

0 voters

Once again, vapirism. It just sounds too cool

What Lost Fighting Style do you Think Will be the Least Used?

0 voters

Radius?

1 Like

i would’ve probably made this earlier but nobody really knows what fighting styles will be in the game, there could be several not on the public trello

i’ll definitely use sailor fist if my acid file is a warlock but i’m not sure what set to use for him, maybe even savant if it’s viable idk

But won’t sailor fist with acid negatively synergize with your damage

meh who really cares it’s gonna be a while before it matters anyway

plus it’s the most fitting for the oc

What does oc mean ;-;

stands for original character, basically means any character that is original or different in some way or another than any other existing character

1 Like

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That makes sense

If I knew that before I probably would’ve used it in some of my previous topics

Thermofist, to be in line with my heat theme. The fast punches also sound really cool

I’m going warlock so maybe a lost or ancient fighting style if we’re allowed to get those, I haven’t really thought about a second fighting style

Maybe knocking fist cause of paralysis, I’m not really sure

Either Thermofist or karate, thermo cause it just sounds really cool and ppl like cool things and karate since it focuses on grabs and grabs seem pretty powerful

Idk haven’t really thought of it yet, will think about it once we get more selection

Impact fist. Ofc Vet said it’ll be different, but we don’t have much to go off of to gauge how powerful the other fighting styles will be. Actually maybe vampirism cause it sounds like it’ll proc bleed which will be really good and it also heals you

Vampirism cause sounds the coolest

By process of elimination radius fist cause the others seem like they’ll be really common

1 Like

the popularity stuff for lost fighting styles is irrelevant since everyone will use the first one they find, if they ever find one

also using acid w sailor because i’m trying to start thinking like this

1 Like

I’ll return in 58

2 Likes

also combat is 100% the most used on a technicality :+1:

1 Like

Won’t ppl try to trade for them? Most people rn are under the impression that lost/ancient stuff will be tradable

other than basic combat, boxing and karate will definitely be the most popular base fighting styles

depends on how easily obtainable they are

Since they’re base fighting styles they’ll probably be fairly obtainable to keep strength enjoyers balanced with magic and weapon users

Well those are base fighting styles, we’ll learn them from NPCs

I kind of feel like boxing is (or will be) underrated, I mean, it does have knockback

I should’ve added a underrated poll