What Happened To Thermo?

People have said you should commit to your build, but when some builds just get nerfed into the void, its kinda hard not to sway

1 Like

well, my hope is some masochist on the balancing team tries bounty hunting with thermo and gets frustrated when he can’t go above 20% heat because the heat drain is awful, and he gets airstalled to death because instead of fixing airstalling, it’s better to just kill off mobility moves ;^)

1 Like

Also the drawback stat is nearly unusable on thermo unless you like starting a fight with half hp.

Its just like this in release mage was very OP and fighting styles were very bad and underpowered so they buff fs and nerfed magic but now fs are very OP so now they buff magic and nerf fs but RIGHT NOW fs are now very underpowered and mage is OP

Summary is a back and forth battle between mage and berserker and Warrior and Savant are the ones watching it

1. damage nerf, somewhat understandable
  2. sure
  3. why? I get the heat meter not running low, but 33% makes it so you literally have to be punching in-between skills to maintain heat now.
  4. agreeable, very cheesy way of keeping up heat
  5. yes, remove more cheese

in my opinion? buff thermo so actually landing a move (it dealing damage) gives you twice the amount of heat and grace time, and reduce heat drain

• allows thermo players to play aggressively in a smart way; right now thermo seems to be balanced around mindless aggression and skill spam to utilize their meter. rewarding hits lets people figure out how to hit quickly, consecutively, and rewards thinking and fighting
  • if the aggressor is sentient, they will realize their enemy has thermo and try to evade them
  • don’t give me shit about “muhhh PvE” when mages exist
1 Like

The hell did I do

you’re lucky you’re pepperoni, cheese pizza is pizza without a soul
(it’s actually pretty good)

i tried to pvp with my friend and he kept getting fucking eviscerated because thermo increased his heat which means that my magma power-size mage got a free 20% damage buff :sob:
it did NOT convince him that the game’s pvp isn’t ass, but he still feels the need to get better at it

Fighting styles were garbage on launch because their damage fell behind magic and weapons. The launch meta was Mage by a long-shot. You’re right that Thermo Fist has been meta for a long time now though, but not the entire game.

If those blue-highlighted changes made it in I think it would be fine, but they were put on the backburner.

1 Like

The main problem with these clips is youre not using your moves enough to maintain the heat bar, which is what thermo was meant for (spammy fast style that rewards quick inputs and playstyles)

Honestly id just invest in more agility and attack speed, would solve the issue with the heat bar

maintaining heat shouldn’t have to require using moves 100% of the time it makes for terrible pacing in a drawn out fight against competitive players, there has to be a bit more middle ground yes thermo is supposed to be aggresive but having to throw at an atk every second is just wasteful and not strategic at all, i think making the skills give more heat and keeping the energy drain the same would atleast reward landing combos because currently if you don’t land an attack every second, u just go back to zero and you have to deplete all of ur energy to get it back to 100 heat so atleast make landing combos rewarding. and if ur playing passive ur bar would come back down but after u get hot and land a combo it should come back up a decent amount rn it takes a rllly long string of moves to get ur heat maxed.

2 Likes

this is an understandable take, but I’ve got energy to charge like everyone else and cooldowns just like everyone else, unless I throw out moves at nobody in particular to burn my energy to keep heat up (bad design, like M1ing the air for heat)

this is why I think Thermo players being rewarded with extra heat and a longer grace period with moves that connect is good, it rewards them for burst damage, helps them get more damage, and keeps them in the speed lane, instead of the current idea “if you’re not using 3 moves/sec you don’t deserve heat”

3 Likes

deserved ngl, fighting style builds are so booooring

warriors are easily the most boring builds, always the same weapons

good idea make our heat last longer if they connect!!

they take more skill than mage, mage is pretty brain dead i used to main mage and even thoe its meta rn i wont go back ish was hella boring

just like you, i hopped on my light thermo fist warlock in the first time since like 6 months, to learn not only was thermo fist gutted, crash was gutted, and light got hit with nerfs. Wow. gutted my whole build but im not willing to interchange it, maybe i will just change the fighting style on it.

what annoys me the most about thermo fist is mainly the fact that thermo fist doesn’t get stronger over the course of the battle, but gets weaker like sailor fist. I’ve said it many times, but I was always against heating up before battle with thermo, i always thought it was the same as draining a sailor fist’s seawater before battle. Now its impossible to build heat in a battle, as you literally drain more than you build without just standing still and using m1s.\

so yeah i’ve got a build that’ll probably lose to a skilled person with no gear playing literally anything else.

2 Likes

i’ve got a mystery 5 gel if you do wanna reset it, they’re super cheap and a stat reset is basically guarenteed