What I think Vetex needs to consider. (AO's World)

“Music is the strongest form of magic.”

A Game To Play

I’d like Vetex to at least see this topic. I’m not going to ask him to read it, I’m not going to attempt to bring it to his attention in any way myself. If he does see it, and he replies, well then I’ve succeeded. If he doesn’t, fine, it’s not AO is going to explode. We can move on.

disclaimer: I know zero about music theory, and all of this is just from the heart.

A Concerning Plot

Arcane Odyssey has potential to be one of the greatest things Roblox has ever seen.
That’s what I thought when I first heard A Concerning Plot. To put truthfully, A Concerning Plot is a complete masterpiece by LawnReality. It sets the sombre tone of the War Seas, Dawn Island and the journey to Redwake before you break into the Sailing Theme.

Now, I do not want to discredit @Tobi in any way. The Call of Adventure is amazing in its own right, when I first heard it in the trailer I was completely hyped for what the game had to offer. However, The Call of Adventure is not a title screen theme. It never was. It’s dramatic, it’s loud, it’s exciting. It was designed for a trailer, and it fits for a trailer. It would also fit in game for a final sequence, the build up to a sacrafice or an event or a death or whatever. It’s an energetic song.

A Concerning Plot, although its what The Call of Adventure is inspired by is really really different. It’s sad. I feel sad listening to it. The soft violin, the way it just… makes you feel awe and almost cry at the same time. It fits as a title screen theme for a dark game like Arcane Odyssey.

I want it back. I know I’m not the only person who does, and I know there’s sure to be some people who hated it and want to never hear it again. There is a possibility due to weird roblox music copyright stuff we can’t see it return and in that case I think Vetex should still consider swapping the title screen to a more sad version utilising our Arcane Odyssey motif, while saving The Call of Adventure for something else in the future.

A Shipwreck of the Past

AO has a great selection of soundtracks. I can name Redwake, Palo Town, Munera Garden, Fort Talos, Sameria and Frostmill Town when I think of places with soundtracks that fit. They build on the environment, make the places feel either more friendly or dramatic. They’re all great.
However, one thing AO is yet to have is it’s own Becoming A Legend. At the moment, I can’t blame Vetex for this, the game just doesn’t have any location where a theme supposed to be loud and grand fits.
But it will likely be needed. At some point we’re going to encounter something so grand we just need a theme like it. The day will come, and that day I hope I feel the pure I’ve got John Dreamer I could kill a planet feeling again.

A Fight To Remember

Yes alright this one is about WoM.
World of Magic had something I think I’d like to see a return in AO. Battle themes. Now I realise that we have the Battle Theme (High) when fighting a high levelled enemy. But where’s the Grand Navy battle theme? Where’s the Notoriety theme? Where’s Merlot and Kai’s theme? Will the new minibosses just use the standard high level theme, or will they have their own?

The one counterargument I see for Battle Themes is that they get repetitive. You know what also gets repetitive? Silence.
I’d hope I’m not alone in wanting to have music backing me up as I’m on the run from the GN because I broke a window (Or… a few hundred) .

A New Frontier

I know that this conversation has been had before, Vetex was looking for a decent theme for Nimbus Sailing but it never came around. I think a second reconsideration and attempt at this might be needed. The Nimbus Sea is not the Bronze Sea (Thanks Randomness you’re great at this obvious thing aren’t you) and I don’t want it to feel like the Bronze Sea. Having a seperate sailing theme will firstly, mix stuff up a bit, and secondly, the Nimbus Sea should feel like it’s a new step. The next part of our Odyssey.

A Difficulty

This one is simple. Music is difficult to source. It’s even harder to write an original soundtrack. Adding music to make the world feel more alive might be worth it, but it’ll take time. Lot’s of time.
I don’t really have more to say. If AO was to go through this new soundtrack rebirth, it would be hard. We’ve waited years though, and if Vetex was to consider adding this sort of stuff, we can wait a bit longer.

A Different Point

I’ve already said what I want to say about this in Empires Patch Notes, so I’ll just quote it here.

I don’t have much to add to this. It may be a completely different element of making the world feel more alive, but that’s what it does. Both music and individuality will add life to the world of AO, make it feel more immersive and more impressive.

AO isn’t just a game, it’s a world. That’s important to remember.
Vetex’s goal is to build this world into his magnum opus, and I’m just here to watch. These are just a few personal opinions I have to share which I think would improve the game.

Opinions people.
Might be rough but here they are.

– Randomness

23 Likes

true about the battle themes

like at least add a setting (GO READ MY SUGGESTION)

custom fight song ID OST gamepass so you can play whatever you want instead of listening to stinky medieval music

so I can listen to TECHNOCORE :robot: :plasma_magic_var1: :alien: :lightning_magic_var2: :musical_note:

gyatt music

YO how do you change the right part

Yeah, most of these ideas are already planned at some point.

2 Likes

Game needs more alex roe (like arcane adventures) and solas composer ngl ngl

arcane adventures theme still stuck in my head and I last listened to it a few months ago
please bring it back somehow, maybe at the theos statues pls (I really miss that banger)

Something I was really looking forward to but never happened when the Nimbus sea update came out was a new sailing theme. Specifically I was hoping for something reminiscent of AA’s second sea theme, kinda like how the bronze sea’s theme is almost the same as AA’s first sea. Also a nighttime/stormy sea theme would be awesome too.

I just wish there was an actual battle theme for fighting players

It’d make them feel more entertaining in a sort of way

Also it’d be cool if it was a random select of 3 songs, one singular battle theme would get tiring

1 Like

maybe variants of the high battle theme based on the targets renown

I’ve said this before, but can the sailing theme please differ between seas?

I want to see the soundtrack innovate as we go on, I want the high seas to feel like different areas instead of just copies of the last stretch of open ocean you were in but with a different amount of islands.

All I need from the soundtrack is variety in my least favorite part of it.

I’ll remind you of Deltarune’s battle theme. After a while of watching the gameplay, I was just like “damn, I hope chapter 2 has a different theme”, then I heard it in Chapter 2, the same damn music. Whyyyy? Tobu Foxu it was perfect soundtrack, glorious as always, but the battle theme!!!

We burned down an entire town at our expense. We left two entire kingdoms to be doomed. All due to our own desires and grudges, but either we let the world fall to magic or we kill thousands saving it.

The menu theme previously reflected the story, and that was perfect.

Both themes fit really well in their respective areas, but I feel the same way you do.

Would this be a good place to ask people to review my anti magic faction suggestion?

Thinking a bit more about this, just a bit ago Vetex said in Patreon chat that A Concerning Plot isn’t likely to return so oh well, The Call of Adventure is still peak.

As I doubt generic battle themes will return from WoM perhaps if they were added we’d get something like
Navy (High)
Navy (Notoriety)
Navy (Boss)

And similar for Asyn and Minibosses bar notoriety

Makes me wonder what would even be fitting for navy themes, would they be more daunting like the magic council themes or loud and impressive. I always saw the navy as a very self proud organisation with their white stone walls and silver.

1 Like

It does feel dull listening to the same sailing theme from Bronze to Nimbus.

That and the lack of personal battle themes, I really liked the concept of the Magic Council having varying tone of music when fighting their low and high leveled soldiers.

I hope Vetex knows that music is an integral part in game, A Concerning Plot fit AO really well, not sure why he couldn’t just make us choose the main menu theme or to switch it back to A Concerning Plot once an update passed enough time to change to the main menu.

Music makes a huge difference if implemented well.

1 Like

true…
in AA the second sea had a different theme, why can’t nimbus?

(it should be an instrumental version of the second sea theme fr)

Truely an arcane odyssey
Anyways the dark sea naval combat theme is fire

Also we need NPC trauma
We need that one NPC that we sympathize for and remember because of the amount of trauma that the dev put them up with

I can’t imagine vetex properly writing a traumatized npc