What ideas do you have for AO but aren't allowed to post? (+ Mine)

Don’t forget to use this guide so you don’t actually post a suggestion

My idea, to fix weapon placement on characters

We all know how weapons go on our body, right? And how it’s hideous with some combinations?
What if we could control where they go?

Here’s what my idea is. With each weapon equipment slot, it would dictate where it’s placed, with each of the 3 spots having one area dedicated for each type of weapon. For example, for the first equipment slot, it would be mainly dedicated for the hip. If the weapon fits there, it can place it there. If not, it would use another spot that doesn’t interfere with another weapon type + placement for it.

The other two spots can be for one angle on the shoulder each, but they’d be at steeper angles than usual to be easier to match with large weapons on the first slot.

The player could also be able to drag equipped weapons to change their spots on the fly in their inventory, so that this new system isn’t too complicated. It’ll definitely improve drip now and in the future

Share criticisms with ideas posted if you’d like

3 Likes

Well for one for the map maybe it could be like old piece of paper instead of something super detailed.

And another -The Creation Curse, the absolute opposite of the Absorption curse. The ability to draw magic from the air and give it to others. But like the AC you don’t have any magic yourself. And unlike the AC you can’t take it from others. But if the user is powerful enough they can fuse and even create their own Magic’s. Would make an interesting villain. With the Alpha player (Arcane Adventures player) having the Absorption Curse it would make an interesting opposites dynamic. With the Creation Curse user even gaining a cult following and being known as “The Gift Giver”. Like a second Prometheus, but can’t only gods do that? Don’t you have to burn Aurem to boost power? Well yes but shut up I think it’s cool.

4 Likes

NGL the concept of The Gift Giver seems cool enough

I really like your idea. It’s a 10/10 for me!

As for my idea… You know how magic weapons can be attached to a magic slot, and then bound to a spell? Well I was thinking… “What if we had something similar with fighting styles?”. Allow me to explain.

There could be different types of gloves/knuckle type weapons that you can bind to your fighting style. You then use those gloves to attack with your fighting style. Different glove could boost damage or even add unique effects. For example:

Nail Gloves

Nail gloves are gloves that have small nails attached to the knuckles. Hitting someone with this glove equipped boosts damage slightly, and gives the bleed effect.

Brass knuckles

I’m pretty sure that you know what brass knuckles are. If you don’t, then look it up on google images. Hitting someone with brass knuckles equipped boosts damage slightly, and gives the concussed effect if fighting styles don’t do that already by default.

I kinda thought this would be cool, but maybe it’s a bit too similar to the claw weapon type… Anyways, tell me what you think.

2 Likes

Make it so tailor can change the color of items :fr::paintbrush:

7 Likes

magics with a higher destruction stat have a lower threshold for limb removal
that means you can use magics like explosion and blow off limbs more easily than you could with less destructive magics, like snow

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.