What If Shadow Magic Was More Realistic?

Shadowception

oi oi dont fcking touch my boi shadow

does anyone know why exactly magic energy is given the shape/properties of specific elements instead of just being used more liberally (by liberally I mean not bound by specific “elemental qualities”)? is it that it’s impossible, or that it’s unconventional?

as in, who exactly made the categories “fire magic” “water magic” etc.? the gods? i’m pretty sure it’s the gods, but not a 100%.

does it have something to do with the magic circles? i mean those have specific shapes for specific elements. in the first place, who exactly gets/got to decide how an element’s magic circle looks like? the user? some god at some point? are the qualities of an element determined by the magic circle or is it the reverse? maybe it’s neither and both are completely separate?

we reached a general consensus in this thread on how magic works, try checking the later replies

btw I don’t know how to do anything with links

Also this would make shadow magic hell, and be very different from how all other magics work, like you would have to have gold in order to use gold magic.

Silly you, if shadows were realistic they can’t hurt you and you need the sun to cast a shadow.

oh so minds do that.
i’m assuming the magic gene alongside giving the ability to store magic energy also gives people minds.

My theory on that is that the magic gene just lets you replenish it, everybody has a lil bit o’ magic so that’s why it hurts em

also to keep this on topic, based on our ideas, if shadow worked that way, it wouldn’t actually be magic

According to the theorem, the gene allows the soul to move magic energy more effectively. But without it, magic energy will still leak into your body and eventually be full, you just can’t expel it (As your soul can’t move magic energy well).

The theory actually explains a lot of things, we just don’t know if it’s true.

1 Like

I’d assume it’s because humans are derived from gods and have somewhat similar (albeit typically weak) souls

a weaker mind or soul would probably be incapable of handling more powerful or advanced magic, hence the limitation on type

granted magic usage may be derived from the “will” in general, weaker people with the magic gene or whatever wouldn’t have particularly strong wills and therefore less control over magic energy

humans can learn radius fist which means humans do have at least some control over “willpower”
poseidon could move storms and oceans with his will and shit, as well as manipulate raw magic energy

you’d need a clarification from vetex or whatever if you want to know 100%

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.