What if there were raid events in AO?

Theoretically these may be like a huge swarm of strong ships or 1 strong npc with special abilities, this is a rare event, and these could make a server announcement when they happen. These events would have different levels, precisely 1-5 and with each level going up it gets harder and harder, and you gain better loot.

Variants and how it would work

There can be 2 variants for the raid a swarm of ships or a strong boss, both would be the same level of difficulty and equivalent loot. Level wise it’s more common to spawn as level 1, but very rare at level 5, and with each level going up it would increase in difficulty significantly and the loot gained will get higher along with it. Raid events could happen in both the normal seas and in the dark seas, however in the dark seas they would scale up even more harshly and the loot will be a lot more than the normal seas, very deep into the dark seas the chances of these happening would be quite common and more likely to be higher level. These would also spawn and stay there for a certain amount of time meaning that you wouldn’t be able to simply infinitely respawn and deal damage.

Level 1

Level 1 a level 1 raid event would be pretty easy and common the player level for this would be around 80. The swarm variant would only spawn 2 ketches with one commander frigate. The boss variant would be a generic boss between level 100-130. The loot gained swarm wise would be 5-10 lower tier cargo crates with some light cannons and light cannonballs, and boss wise it would be low tier rare armour/weapons with maybe 1 unique item drop chance.

Level 2

Level 2 a level 2 raid would be a bit harder than a level 1 raid, but not by alot, the level for this would be around 150 ish. The swarm would be 2 ketches, with 1 commanding galleon. The boss would be between level 170-200. The loot swarm wise would be 10-15 average crates with a few normal, heavy cannons, bronze and a bunch of light, grape shots, harpoons, and normal cannonballs, boss wise it would be average rare armour/weapons with a lower tier special weapon drop/fighting style…?

Level 3

Level 3 a level 3 raid is where the difficulty ramps up by alot, the level for this would be around 250 ish.The swarm would be 4 ketches, 4 galleons, with 2 commanding barques. The boss would be a strong npc that uses lost spells and/or high tier rare strong weapons with a couple special traits/abilities and would be between level 380-450. The loot swarm wise would be 15-20 above average crates with a handful of heavy, cloud skipper, harpoons, and chain shots. Aswell as normal, bronze, and a few silver cannons with a chance of getting a lost spell or lower tier
lost fighting styles. Boss wise it would be higher tier rare armour/weapons aswell as chance to gain said ability of the boss, and a chance of lost spell scrolls or lower tier lost fighting styles.

Level 4

Level 4 from this point on raid events will be incrediby hard, and would announce a different message in the server such as “A deathly prescence has appeared” at this point you would definitely need a few allies with you. The swarm would be 2 brigantines, 4 frigates, 4 barques, with one commanding ship of the line . The boss would be a very strong npc which uses lost spells, wields a lost magic/fighting style, and has a one time use super strong move…? The loot swarm wise would be the same as level 3 with the addition of gold cannons, arcanium cannonballs, and a small chance of lost magic scrolls/high tier lost fighting styles. Boss wise it would give very strong armour that has drawbacks, chance to get a unique ability/item, and a small chance of lost magic scrolls/high tier lost fighting styles.

Level 5

Level 5 level 5 would be absolute insanity and would be one of the most powerful things you can come across in the entire game, there wouldn’t be anything announced in the chat, but instead something to your character specifically like “You feel certain doom near you”. The swarm would be 10 barques, 5 ironclads, and 2 ships of the line + 1 special commanding ship? The boss would be an incredibly powerful npc that uses PRIMORDIAL magics/fighting styles, and wields legendary weapons/armour. It would have various unique abilities/items, aswell as
powerful passive abilities. The loot swarm wise would be the same as level 4 but this would have some sort of special cannons/cannonballs aswell as a special ability for your ship, and the chance to get a primordial magic/fighting style aswell as unique legendary item. Boss wise it would extremely powerful legendary weapons/armour, a chance to get primordial magics/fighting style, a chance to get the boss’s uniqe abilities, and maybe a completely unique power to the player.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Fighting styles would be Pog :nod:

I forgot to mention, but this would make grinding or just exploring the game more fun and unique (at least I think so)

This sounds like something that would appear in the dark sea

Why not both I think this could work in both the normal seas and the dark seas, except in the dark seas its way way worse.

Ye, but it’ll also be way more rewarding in the dark sea, right?

Yeah definitely, especially considering you’re less likely to find allies in the dark seas, it could give wild rewards such as maybe lost spells or a small chance of lost magic scrolls.

:ok_hand:
I like the way you think

Warhammer titan holding old hammer raid be like

No FOMO. Please.

wut

FOMO. Fear of Missing Out. If I take a break from AO, I shouldn’t feel like I’m forced to return because a limited-time event drops a strong/niche armor set or, even worse, fighting style/magic. If there were events like this, he’d need to keep the rewards cosmetic.

Hence why I said “rare” events, these wouldn’t be a thing you would be constantly looking out for it would simply be a great bonus, the way I see it is its a very rare event that’s nice to do on the side, but you’re still not guaranteed anything great from it, something to make the immersion better.

so this is basically the ghost ships in AA except instead of fighting players for the reward your fighting a overpowered boss
nice

Also limited time event bosses should drop cool looking cosmetics

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely! My brain is so laser-focused on only practical things that I forget about cosmetics.

as long as it’s in some kind of schedule and not ‘‘one time before it goes’’
and an automated schedule too

I just want an excuse to stab an oversized shark to death so I’m in!

I’m not a 100% sure when it would come, but when I thought of this I thought that it could be a purely random event that wouldn’t be a 1 time thing, it could happen an infinite amount of times as long as you wait enough, and it isn’t a limited time boss by vetex or something like that, with no scheduling at all or anything done manually by vetex (except if there were limited time raid events made by vetex then he would do something, but I’m not completely with that idea) although now I’m not sure what would be better, a schedule or pure randomness, perhaps both even…?