What pH is Acid Magic?

Keyword there is potential though. A substance doesn’t need to be dissolved in water to have a pH that’s just how its pH is measured.

It’s the same concept as potential energy, the energy isn’t actually there just the potential for it. When the item is dropped the potential energy becomes kinetic energy, in other words actually becoming real.

That’s weird…

But nah, it measure the actual legitimate acidity/alkaline level of a substance

Damnit wish I was actually good at chem

Also I think it involves understanding the power of magic

I mean did anyone dispute this tho

fair

Maybe we can judge from its clashes. Maybe even look into iron and gold and use those for reference.

From the wiki:
"

"

That’s…both really unexpected and interesting. I wonder how this plays into our thing

Honestly, it seems weak in general, especially judging from its status effect, which does tickle damage. But at the same time, it does a decent amount of damage.

It probably scales with the user. (acid curse tho)

Okay but still, we need a proper pH base. Lets assume the user is max current level (I believe 120). At that point you’re not a god but you ain’t normal either.

So it’s able to corrode skin but not metal we would need to find the PH that corrodes metal and there would be a rough estimate

1 Like

Same :pensive:

Who knows, maybe it’s even a base and it’s just called acid

:skull:

I’m necrobumping this to add my scientific hypothesis based on math and research.

So, the test subject is going to be a level 90 player with no armor or anything that can boost their health, meaning we should have 612(?) hp.

now, let’s review acid’s capabilities without any armor or enchants, it deals around 95 damage impact damage, and has a tick damage of 8 per second.

The impact is kinda irrelevant since we’re looking for how long it takes for acid’s tick time it takes to kill someone, and compare that time to how long it takes real life corrosive substances to dissolve flesh that is or is similar to a human’s (since I’m assuming humans are the species that players are in WoM/AO).

after doing a simple math equation, we can conclude that acid’s tick damage alone would have to take 76.5 seconds to kill someone, or just about over a minute. Now that we have this knowledge, we can compare it to how fast it takes other acids to make someone lose consciousness if they were to jump into a pool of said acids.

The best acid I could find for this would be fluoroantimonic acid, if someone were to jump in this, they would die an agonizingly painful death of being dissolved alive. I unfortunately cannot find any exact times for how long it would take for acid to “kill” someone, but I assume around perhaps a similar amount of time to magic acid? a minute or so of being soaked in this deadly acid with a PH of -21 would result in death.

This means that, most likely, magic acid’s PH is -21ish, most likely a lower PH however, though take this with a heavy grain of salt because I could not find any exact numbers and this is based on an educational guess.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk

I’d like to thank @Figure for giving me some of the values for acid magic

and I’d like to thank @TheoreticalExistence and @Divanochi for doing a math problem for me that sadly I didn’t need due to it not being fair for this experiment, but they still deserve credit.

4 Likes

do you mean lower as in less acidic or less pH since those two things mean the exact opposite things.

lower PH

This is a necrobump but I dont want to close the topic because this is really good