What’s something that you miss from the previous games (AA, WoM, etc.) that isn’t in AO?

I was disappointed when I realized that the armorers in Arcane Odyssey all sell the same gear, back in AA they each sold unique items, such as Savaria selling Savarian Daggers, and even the ones that didn’t have unique items, their selection of items still felt like you were progressing.

15 Likes

I agree and even though i never knew about AA when i joined Roblox, since i played AR and AL, i miss the spell tiers and sky skates. First, the spell tiers made it feel like you’re improving with your spell and sky skates allowed you to be able to land on islands and you didnt have to respawn them to use them. It was just a 1 time purchase

Aside from the big map that wasn’t scattered islands? I miss a lotta the random elements of WOM. I liked being able to just stumble upon things like bandit camps or villain towers- obviously the game had its problems as that was the games ONLY content, but if this was eventually incorporated into AO, It’d be perfect. In fact, it already is, in the form of diving spots, those weird off-shore fortresses in the plans, etc. I am an explorer in games- I like just wandering around and stumbling into the fun.

8 Likes

I miss the old WoM bandit/government outposts. Although, maybe Ravenna isn’t big enough for that, but they could have had mountain bandits.

Something I miss was being able to literally collapse the silent tower (although extremely unhealthy for my PC). It felt good to see the whole thing fall apart

4 Likes

riverville and fountain flinging

Alpha white eyes

Criminal merchants

Man I remember looking in every nook and cranny for a criminal merchant before all my fish rot but couldn’t find them :sob:

I still don’t understand why criminal merchants don’t exist in AO

Yeah, just let me dye my clothes as a criminal please

I miss the Silent Tower and Ashen Volcano/Ruins of Charon, I hope a future navy island is a lot more similar in design to the Silent tower

Also bring back lava lake fishing while ur at it

1 Like

Island specific weapons are planned, no idea when they’ll be added though (vet’s mentioned stuff like Frostmill having an ice pick type weapon, etc)

1 Like

For wom as much problems as it caused it was pretty funny being able to kill any NPC. Also liked the random spawning structures which I hope is a feature that comes back. In AA I liked how each shop NPC was different and even had the player coming back to an island to buy something once they reach the level they needed to use the item. Another thing I hope comes back from AA is the seal chest that needed a key to be opened that would give you a very rare item such as the undead death staff which I got but never got to use before the game broke.

it’s a planned feature

2 Likes

Never noticed that on the Trello. Thanks for showing me

Keymashing for a magic vs magic clash

Ohhh yeees, I remember clashing with Prometheus in AR even made a video.

theos