What’s your problem with the storyline?

Not to justify Wotan or Keraxe or anything but what if their actions aren’t that bad in the context of AO’s world. Like killing and conquering is just a part of life, I mean they were nice enough to not break their treaty until Calvus died. What if Wotan is hyped up to be like this evil general maniac but then he’s like Santa or Asgore or somebody’s nice Grandfather.

Would be a nice twist ngl.

okay this is actually somewhat fair

genocide is on a much different level compared to declaring war on another nation and destroying a port with a military base on it under the enemies control

were going to get more journals right?
or anything that just gives more background depth to the lore would be cool. Like a ruby roger journal or someone who went to the darksea.

Basically the US to Japan

ok that makes sense, my bad

I think most of the problem rn can be solved with “we will explain this later” but one issue that really makes me annoyed are the characters

imo the main characters are really unlikeable and for some reason, the antagonists are somewhat sympathetic

Neviro really just showed up at the jailbreak thinking bro is part of the main gang :skull:, and he has zero contribution. He gets bodied inastantly and we have to carry him. At least Morden fended off Julian. Morden isn’t that good either, but I can let it slide cuz there’s more time to explore his character later. Neviro just ditches us.

Iris is prob the only good one. She had a cause worth supporting, she has a backstory that we can sympathize to, and she’s pretty useful. Technically, she’s the reason why we started this whole journey. Its a shame we get seperated again.

I found myself rooting for Wotan :skull:. We know the dude is capable and powerful, and an actual threat to be messed with. It makes me excited to meet him, even if he’s an antagonist. Revon, while being memed to death, has genuiene emotion. You feel something for him. Argos, for all his evildoings, has respect for us for our strength, and we respect him for being really muscular his loyalty and power. I feel no attatchment or respect to the main cast like I do to these characters.

But hey that’s just my opinion.

HELLO?!?? WHAT DID I JUST READ.

I have settled on only destroying 1 town because that’s more reasonable and balanced :+1:

kill no town

just commit regicide like you did with calvus man

the death of 1 man will not suffice

balance must be maintained, warmwater.

:balance_scale:

(I’ll just kill all his sons too ig)

Well, because it is. In its definition, a plot hole is literally a hole in the plot, where an event in the storyline lacks enough information to have a conclusive outcome.

Let’s take King Nero for example. If we go off of what the information in Arcane Odyssey tells us, we can’t conclude whether or not he is alive, dead, or of course arrested or not. This is literally a plot hole.

oh yeah also @Rayman_Axel you forgot to blindly :heart: all of vetex’s posts in this thread

I… dont think thats the correct definition of a plothole, or at least, what most considers a “plothole”

A plothole is mostly defined as an “inconsistency” in the plot that CONTRADICTS existing info.

What you’re basically describing is typically called a “loose end” in a story. You dont call that a “plothole”, theyre different. Plothole contradicts, loose ends are simply unfinished.

Besides, we got an answer to what happened to King Caesar. Pretty big jump to say that King Nero will be forgotten lmao, this story isnt even finished

3 Likes

I am aware Vetex has made claims about the MC not travelling to the Dark Sea but that leaves me wondering what NPCs are canon due to Enizor asking us to go to the Dark Sea, is Hendrix a canon character due to giving us a dodge reflex? I just wanted that to be answered.

2 Likes

Enizor’s could be an exception. After all, we also know in the main story, Warren even mentions Wotan having an interest in the Dark Sea.

I think what Vetex meant is that most of the time, people dont go there because theres nothing to gain. People are getting the impression from Dark Sea Expeditions and rewards that MC and other people (in lore) are also going there frequently, when they do not.

There are some exceptions that people will go there (Wotan wants more land, MC needed materials for Enizor), but for the sake of their sanity and safety, they wont most of the time.

Its not like theyre incapable of going there at all. Theres just no reason to.

Outside of sidequests or main story quests, MC does not go on Dark Sea Expeditions.

seeing as the MC does the shit they do because of a side quest, Enzior or some other mf could task the MC with smth incredibly difficult that causes them to go decently into the Dark Sea where they do some other stuff (like the Dragonblood ritual and the Siren Queen’s quest)

I could have sworn tech said that once.
If not it was someone spreading misinformation.
Either way thanks for clarifying

That’s not what a plothole is lmfao

1 Like

Mf what

Because mass murdering people with Promethean Fire is hilarious.
I love killing government officials belonging to the faction known as the Arcane Government. Every resident of the AG deserves to face the punishment of their government.

no i didnt, just ran out of likes