What should I know when playing Limbus Company

So uh, my friends recently played Limbus so I decided to give it a try

First impression, it’s another gacha game. Not really what I wanted rn since I already got my hands full with two other gacha games with bimonthly updates. Still, the concept and the worldbuilding seem interesting, so I’ll try to complete a few more chapters.

With all that said, is there anything I should be aware of when playing this? I have a history of making questionable resource management decisions in other games as a beginner like LoR, HSR, GI,…etc so any help would be greatly appreciated, especially when it comes to gacha games where you’ll most likely need to minmaxx with limited “pulls”

Unfortunately, I’m not playing the game since I want to finish lobotomy Corp. And library of ruina first, the two games in the franchise before limbus, so I can’t help too much.
What I can tell you though, is that there are no limited characters, you are able to pull anyone in any banner, the only differences are the rates depending on rate up or not.
There should also be some tutorial videos on YouTube to help with the game’s combat in case you’re having trouble with that.
Other than that, good luck and I hope someone else tells you more lol

1 Like

the gacha is very generous and you can buy basically everything in a shop with shards you get from dupes ( theres nothing like a eidoleon or whatever system either )

the only things you cant buy are announcer voices, which are purely cosmestic

there are no limited ids/ego and everything will be in the shop eventually ( usually after the season they were released, so like 4,5,6 months ish ig )

walpur happens once every 3 months or so, and items that were in the previous one will be available for purchase in the next one if you havent got it

not much ig, basically just save for the walpurnarish or whatever its called if you want, or save for the last banner of a season since those tends to have strong ids and/or EGOs

difficulty wise the game is fairly easy halfway through canto 4, so you’ll have plenty of time to build stuffs up ( unless you rushed through the contents ig )

theres more advanced content like mirror dungeon hard mode and refracted railway if you want

the main source of your lunacy ( pulls currency ) is probably from the mirror dungeon, you can do it 3 times per week for normal mode and once per week for hard mode

the railway does have some pretty good rewards, but you should probably have at least 6 good IDs before you go, maybe watching some guide too so you dont waste your time ( its basically a boss rush )

the leveling up can be hell tho, and theres something call uptying that makes an id/ego stronger

you should get any ids that you use to uptie III ( i personally think egos do fine at uptie I, but you can raise them to II if you want ig ), uptie IV is mostly optional and should only be used for units you like rather than a nescessity

if you feel like rerolling, i recommend ncorp sinclair aka the nuker himself, basically the strongest id as of now ( in term of raw damage ), maybe rivaled by rabbitcliff and kimsault ( dont really recommend it tho, dont want to suck the fun out before even starting the game after all )

for ego, faust’s fluid sag is probably the best for supporting with its teamwide +20(25?) hp and sp ( you need to purchase it from the shop tho iirc )

1 Like

Tutorial for combat (provides useful information i didn’t know at first):

Egoshards are also pretty important.

As you pull IDs, you’ll get egoshards for a specific character every time they get a duplicate of an ID they already have. These shards can be used to either be turned into threads which are used for uptying IDs or E.G.O, unlocking new IDs (150 for 2 stars, 400 for 3), or uptying an ID or E.G.O that’s already been uptied to level 3.

Alternatively, you can get shards from two types crates: a red one that randomly gives shards that pertain to a random sinner, and yellow one that gives shards to a sinner of your choice. You can usually get shards from the battle pass or from the refraction railway (which is more for when you’re at the endgame.) Yellow crates are a surefire way to get the IDs or EGO that you want without needing to gamble.

2 Likes

huh from what I’ve seen this might be one of the more f2p-friendly gacha games
definitely an improvement from a few I’ve tried before

“A gacha game made by a company that has no idea what the fuck a gacha game is.” - some guy on steam

(the writing is actually really good too)

Ok there’s uh, a lot to take note of

But I’m one of the few players even bothered to learn Caravan in New Vegas so I’ll probably get used to the combat soon (copium)

The bug chapter writing is good tho, albeit the death at the end seems kinda…random

Don’t worry, the writing gets way better in the later cantos

2 Likes

I think it is, from my experience of one gacha game (this one). At least they don’t try to wring money from you every other minute.

Not gonna lie, I’m not sure how long this will last. You can only not know about the thing you are making for so long.

I’m a little bit scared that Project Moon is gonna get greedy in like… a few years. Basically every game that became terrible had a community that thought it would stay great forever, right?

Also my advice: Focus on getting strong, generalist, and reliable clashers and damage dealers. Trying to build an archetype team is really expensive due to uptie requirements (new units have much better uptie 4’s). If you search it up or ask others (or check this google drive thing i found in a discord server Resource Hivemind for Limbus Company – Google Drive) then you can find good id’s to get for newer players to have a comfortable experience.

Healing egos of either kind (health or sanity) are king. Actually decent damage egos are pretty hard to find (egos aren’t the best for damage, skill 3’s are), so egos are best reserved for healing or utility (but healing is more important, esp. early on).

You can borrow units from other players. Just friend them ingame and use the support button at the top of most content (ex. story and refraction railway, but not mirror dungeon) when selecting an id. This singular id should easily carry you through the early story chapters, but can also fill holes in your team as you grind for 6 core id’s.

1 Like

Honestly, the only thing i’m worried about are the expectations for how good the cantos are since the writing and visuals keep topping the last ones. I wouldn’t worry about them getting greedy until there’s a change in management or something. Project Moon actually seems pretty dedicated to the series and it’d be very off if they were to suddenly prioritize money over quality.

game is literally lethal company and nimbus sea mashed together lol

Yeah, PM has a pretty good track record for making great games.

But they’re still a corporation, and they still chose to make a gacha game - a game genre defined by being life service and using RNG to make players keep spending (Basically an anti-consumer genre at heart), a game that they intentionally made to give PM a consistent stream of revenue (it was said somewhere in a pre-release vid or announcement idk).

There’s no telling that they won’t ask for more later.

So far so good, I’ve grasped the basic mechanics of the game and turtled through Mirror Dungeon by tanking boss attacks with Butler Ryoshu & Ishmael Evade and frequent Ego spam

The game feels a bit too complicated at times but it’s a breath of fresh air. If I have to make a comparison it’d be like Darkest Dungeon 1 but with way more combat options and tactical thinking. They’re also generous with shards since I’m already 70/150 through for a Faust’s id

you’d usually want to save the EGO to clash with boss attack, especially the one that are multi targets

for the one that arent tho you can try use an id with evade ( like butler ryoshu ) to deal with

1 Like

A gacha that actually has some high amounts of effort put into it, along with it being relatively friendly for f2p folks. You don’t need to spend a whole lot of money or time to get the best stuff, and the best stuff isn’t an absolute requirement to get through the game.

You have the right to be concerned about what they’re doing. But just because they’re a corporation and just because they’ve made a gacha game doesn’t mean that they’re getting greedy.

pardon me but what the fuck
How am I supposed to clash :fr:

EGO or dodge skill

you do have all 3 ego gifts for sinclair right? ( im assuming this is main storyline krom )

also a walpurish is coming soon, 30th of this month or something

1 Like

I beat the Gripper 20 mins ago but thanks

couldn’t help but make one to cherish the Faust

yeah I did but he was too underleveled to clash consistently

faust ego is really good for a base ego, it actualy got nerfed like once or twice lol