What was your favorite retcon?

The arcane government. magic council, I meant the magic council jesse
God I hated the arcane government (so much so that I impersonated it with a bounty in arcane reborn)

1 Like

I don’t think they were retconned? They just aren’t in the War Seas.

i still hate the gargane overnment

My brain shat itself and I typed arcane government instead of magic council.

magic council was never in the war seas either

What bong was Vetex smoking because that sounds so goofy

Does it matter if it’s in the war seas or not? The question was about which retcon we enjoyed the most, I gave an appropriate response (as the whole of wom was removed).

1 Like

I already said my favorite, but another one I like is the removal of Promethean fire. I personally just don’t really like the idea of a power that embodies a kid going, “Oh yeah!? Well I have all the best powers combined into one!” when they hear other kids coming up with powers for a game. Its just kinda lame and made the other GFC’s feel kinda pointless. Like sure they’re users would be pretty powerful and could get up to some shenanigans, but so long as there’s a promethean fire curse user they’d all just be in his shadow. Now that it’s gone any possibly current and future GFC users will actually be able to stand out and actually have powers unique unto themselves.

Also honestly, this change is doing Morock a favor. He had a power that should’ve made him unbeatable and still lost. Now at least his loss is a bit more understandable and not completely embarrassing.

6 Likes

I think it was alright, but it was a little weird how it exists even though nobody can get it except the guy who made it, and the guy who got the Sea Curse also made by the guy who made the magic.

Does the curse itself still exist or is it just that Prometheus himself was still able to use the power?

Nobody has it. Not a curse user, not Prometheus, nobody.

I didn’t mean Prometheus had the curse I just meant like did he just have the same power as promethean fire since he is in fact Prometheus. Anyways, so the curse is just sitting out there? That’s a little weird.

Source

The retconning of Promethean Flame
Exposed Morock for how weak he was without his Promethean Fraud curse

Nah, it buffed morock himself, just nerfed his curse. His story is exactly the same he’s just not build carried anymore.

Not really, but it did kinda out him as being so bad that even with promethean flame, a curse so strong it had to be removed, he was kinda underperforming. At least with a different weaker curse his story is a lot less sad and embarrassing.

The retcon of making Prometheus rather stupid, giving humans the ability to use magic just cause he wanted to become King of the Gods, and accidently making Cursebeard more powerful than himself in the process.

C’mon, this is a guy… KNOWN FOR HIS FORESIGHT, WHAT???

This will always be forever stupid to me.

I am not giving you a source, there have been like 900 conversations about this.

Source

i’m pretty sure prometheus still has the power of promethean flame, but it’s not a magic or curse anymore

1 Like