What were a few of your childhood games?

I set my Leonidas to Pyrus (yeah how original) back then, but I did my second playthrough on Haos and then Ventus later

also thanks for that code, I never did that back in my younger days, so I will try with using that code

Huh, neat. I set my Leonidas to Darkus, which made it seem odd how he was depicted as a Haos Bakugan in all of his cards.

I’d kill for Gen 1 Leo to return in Gen 3, but ever since Gen 2 dropped, Bakugan seem to have been getting the Laserman treatment (i.e. looking more machine than animalistic). There’s also legal issues with Sega Toys (I believe the only characters Spin Master still has the rights to are Gen 1’s Dan and Drago).

1 Like

I forgot to add

fancy pants

Billy Hatcher and the Golden Egg

All three Strike Force Heroes

Some other random flash games

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Starfox Adventures

Roblox (shocker Ikr)

Nickelodeon games like that one Korra game

PBS games like Wild Kratts

Spiderman Web of Shadows

Some other random DSI games

Pokemon Platinum

Poptropica

Wizard101

and lastly DC Universe Online

If anyone knows what this is, I love you

Oh boy. .

Im going to have to deeply look back.

Well ignoring that weird LeapFrog thing i had which im not even sure when i had obtained the dang thing.

The earliest i can think of was the DS, and it was just me playing the Arcade Games, and Super Mario from what i can tell.

Then it moved onto the WII:

• Mario Cart
  • Mario Galaxy (then of course into 2 later down the line.)
  • Super SmashBros Brawl. (I apparently was a metamancer as a toddler looking back because i literally mained, Meta Knight.)
  • Kirby Epic Yarn.
  • ExciteBots, Trick Racing. (Lets see if any of you remember this, i will be gladly surprised.)
  • Wii Sports Resort. (Classic literally no way to have not played it.)
  • Wii Sports. (We played a bit of it and then dropped it rather quickly, Resort was just objectively better)
  • Super Mario Bros Wii (Didn’t finish that one surprisingly, we were close though.)

Next of course had to be the Xbox 360, Gamecube, and PS3, other than that i cannot remember much. Especially the timeline of events.

For the 360 and honestly by extension the Xbox One:

• Halo Reach (which is funny because i played this when i was a toddler.)
    • (Yes your girl was already hitting the competative AAA scene as a mid to late toddler. It mostly comprised of my Dad absolutely destroying me and my brother in Hemorrhage though. it wasn’t till 1-2 years later when we hit near our preteen years did we go multiplayer or smth.)
  • Sonic Sega All Stars.
  • Lego Star Wars Collection.
  • Halo CE
  • Halo 2 (Both this and CE came in a silver collectors case or whatever my dad got.)
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 3 ODST
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Mincraft
  • Happy Wars
  • Happy War Dungeon (Though this one could’ve been on the Xbox one)
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Burnout
  • Burnout Paradise Remastered (Have a fair lot of progress including DLC, was there when Big Surf came out, etc. Very fond memories. . Ah the nostalgia is kicking in.)
  • Kinect Adventures. (Of all things we had that eventually.)
  • Aegis Wing.
    • My Xbox Profile w/ the username i stuck w/ until renaming to Saiju, has one of the game’s achievement emblems as a Pfp or so.
  • Supreme Commander 2.
  • Space Marine

There’s so much that i cannot remember really. . But enough to still feel the impact of these games.

Moving on.

Gamecube games were:

• Animal Crossing
  • Sonic
  • Sonic 2
  • Monkey Ball
  • Sonic Heros
  • Mario Party. (I forget which one)
  • Metroid Prime. (Played that a bit.)

The rest i cannot remember, there was that one Sonic game that had a more RTS pov for it but i cannot find nor remember it.

PS3 games were:

• Big Little Planet
  • Motor Storm (Only vauge and brief memories left, we mostly just stayed on BLP. BLP was the only thing we really played on the thing.)

Then we finally get towards The Wii U

• Nintendo Land
  • Mario Cart 8
  • Super Mario Bros U
  • Xenoblade X

I can’t remember more, I was mostly flopping between the Xbox One and especially moving towards PC quickly by this point.

This is all i can muster, i think i do remember might’ve played a few PC games here and there but, that is mostly preoccupied w/. Anything from 2015+ I don’t really consider “Childhood” and more so my early teens up to this point.

Looking back it all, i really was locked onto games. No wonder i was so disinterested in sports. lol

Edit:

I forgot some of the CoD / Battlefield games. . But we were too focused on Reach by that point that i straight up only briefly remembered just now.

2 Likes

Oh cool, someone also remembers happy dungeons.

1 Like

The NES? How does this thing still work?
Super Mario Bros (apparently i played it when it was a toddler. i still have the NES and the game, but i’m trash at it)

Super Mario Bros 3 (probably)

Other NES games like Contra, that my dad played a LOT more than me, and everything else, which I don’t think either of us touched more than once.

SEGA Dreamcast
Sonic Adventure (YEAH, ON DREAMCAST TOO, BITCHES! this was probably the first game i remember playing. it’s also probably my favorite of all time because of that and i am VERY good at it. i was five.)

Sonic Adventure 2, the Trial (OOPS! All City Escape)

A couple other dreamcast games like HYDROO THUNDEEER (it fucking rocks btw) and virtua fighter but everyone in my family is trash at fighting games including me- OH HOLY SHIT I ALMOST FORGOT

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 (my dad and i played against each other all the time, but only with cheats because we both suck. spider man is in this game btw)

PC, part 1
shit ton of flash games, including
that one sonic advance fangame
super smash flash 2 ( @Divanochi @Zormego :handshake:, still trash at any smash game though)
(this was when the youtube era REALLY started and i just did that for a good portion of my free time, but i still did this and actually played with some damn toys every once and a while)

Wii
Sonic Unleashed for the Wii (i fucking miss it so much i know the wii was on deaths door anyway but WHYYYY)

some other shit that i can’t name but they were pretty fun

NEED FOR SPEED CARBON! I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN! too bad my only experience with it is on the system with the WORST controls for it lmao

the fucking ipad??
Sonic 1 and 2 for IoS (I still have the iPad, it’s just… really REALLY fucking old. I can still play both, but I have them on my computer now. Same with both Adventure games.)
(this is a wide age range for me too.)

PS3
LittleBIGPlanet 2 (RIP LBP2 online, it’s servers are permanently shut down, also where i got my roblox username from)

Grand Theft Auto 5 for the PS3 (listen, no child is perfect.)

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (my dad loved this game but he can’t really play it anymore due to connection issues. F)

oh yeah also black ops 2. yeah that game was really good

the passing of time is constant and unforgiving
i don’t… i don’t fucking know.

PC, part 2, 2017, 11 years old
Roblox. Never played Arcane Adventures, but Normal Elevator is the first game I’ve favorited. I also played Flood Escape 2 and a bunch of other bullshit that usually sucked.
also i made two entire friend groups on two different roleplay games around 2018, one being no man’s wasteland/ATF mirage (we switched between the two a lot, because fuck the lore). we don’t talk much often, but oh well. the second one was dragon ball successors. holy fucking shit. dragon ball successors was and always will be the best dragon ball rp there ever was. it’s truly a shame that it shut down 4 years ago. i still talk with my friends made from this.

…i think i got minecraft in 2020 and that was when i was 14 so… i don’t know if this is as childhood as the other ones were

pokemon emerald
i don’t really have to say many more than that

airattack hd
sonic & sega all-stars racing
school of chaos online mmorpg
all the angry bird games
Pixel gun

excluding roblox because ofc my childhood games are:

• minecraft
  • peggle
  • dragonvale/dragon city
  • little big planet 1/2
  • halo reach/4
    and that’s all i can remember off the top of my head

The boi :star:

also if you know what these games are you’re based:

Pixel Gun 3D - FPS Shooter - Apps on Google Play
Badland - IGN
BADLAND 2 | App Price Drops

1 Like

Okay so.

Kirby: Nightmare In Dreamland

It’s a remaster of Kirby’s Adventure. It’s gorgeous. I still cannot get over how simplistic but pretty it is. And the music… UGGGGHHHH… That music was so fucking good; literally designed for the hardware of the GBA, I cannot fucking explain how GOOD Orange Ocean’s main level theme was…

pixelgun was da SHIEET. It was so much cooler when it was minecraft-themed before they got sued by mojang lmao

it still is (though it’s pretty chaotic nowadays, it’s still really fun)

gift stealer my beloved…

(sleipnir is pretty fun too)

bunch of ds games like nintendogs, mario party ds, kirby super star ultra, mario kart ds
on wii i remember mainly both mario galaxy games, lego star wars the complete saga and 3, lego indiana jones, wii party, brawl

cant really consider anything after that part of my childhood but i guess i played kingdom hearts 1 and 2 on playstation 2 for a bit, and ar games were fun on 3ds

madden nfl 11 and 9

batman Arkham city

gta 5

wii sports and resort

punch out

probably some others but i cant remember the names

luigis mansion dark moon (THE GOAT)

super mario galaxy 2

splatoon

legend of zelda wind waker HD

Minecraft
Lego star wars the clone wars