What would you do if Arcane Odyssey was your game?

i’d make it the best game on the platform and i’d be invited to the roblox headquarters where i would hide bombs all over the server rooms and when nobody’s inside of the building i’d blow the whole place up, ridding the world of roblox, this cancer on our children

3 Likes

fushiguro chimera shadow garden

1 Like

bait for little baby men who are too afraid to submit an application for the suggestion role (me)

change two good things, and then probably ruin the game

alr, but in all seriousness, here’s a list

• MORE WORLD OF MAGIC MUSIC!!! The high-intensity theme already plays for higher-leveled opponents now, so why not throw in the old one for other wanted criminals? I might let there be a togglable thing for the AA theme, WoM theme, and the AO theme, but it might harm the tone of the game a bit if I do. Maybe the grand navy chase would be better off without the magic council theme, though, considering it happens a lot.

• Speaking of which, I’d need to find a way to rework the GN chases. Vetex certainly won’t, but I don’t know how to actually fix it in a way that’d still punish the player for being evil without sucking. Oh well.

• Same with jail time.

• Faster cargo stocking, if my crew can unload the ship, they can load it too.

• You know how you fight a pirate boat or, god forbid, an atlantean ship and then it just does three knocks with a repair hammer and a third to all of its health is back? Sometimes it’s a good way to make you feel like you’re in a dire situation, but it also feels like bullshit a lot of the time. I’d change it up a bit.

• Add an indicator to the lightning in the Dark Sea. Might let it still attack boats to keep the pressure to hurry in your looting, but I dunno how to make it feel fair.

• Any structure with an Atlantean has at least one dark sealed chest. Structures without Atlanteans have at least one silver chest, but are still capable of having dark sealeds. Killing an Atlantean just for a bunch of normal chests with one silver chest doesn’t feel that great.

• PvP combat feels like garbage when I’m caught anywhere that isn’t Munera Garden, and anyone can just get the hell out whenever they want. Some say this is a good thing, people who actually want to fight hate it, and people who have half their health obliterated in one move and can’t find where the hell the damage is coming from are mad either way.
    Too bad I don’t know how to fix it.

• Power creep in builds is already insane and we’re not even at the Nimbus Sea yet. I am nerfing EVERYONE. FUCK you.

• Adjust some pieces of the story. I know Vetex’s eventual goal is to become an author, but some parts are just kind of… beh.

1 Like

Make the game 2d to reduce lag

Actually finish vitality
More health for lesser damage but you have better passive health regen and add spirit weapons

Weapon skills- I would finish all weapons skills available to a build at level cap

Optimise the living shit out of the game because the average player has so many lag related issues with it

Change the combat a little so it’s more fluid:

charging attacks don’t airstall you but slow down your movements in whatever direction you were going and after a tp skill you keep your momentum to a very limited degree. This will help keep combat more fluid and fun

Fighting styles techniques like crash and rush don’t have limited range if not in the enemy’s direction because they are used to cover distances

Massively buff strength weapon damage and skill range and increase charge time and end lag to make them feel like hard hitting weapons

Get rid of npc M1’s, these are annoying as hell and just disrupt combat flow. If they use magic they will maintain a certain distance from you, weapons then they will use skills and to moves at closer distance and fs users will come up close
They can alternate between these for hybrids

BASED

BASED

Professions, specifically potions are the reason I’m not touching the game.

assuming i’m not god and can’t just magically code more stuff into the game faster than an already extremely skilled programmer (taxes exist)

• remove reputation system
  • remove most repeatable quests, replace them with ~5 repeatable quests per sea that are longer in general
  • dark sea delayed until nimbus sea and also when vitality route is finished
  • increase spell customization—let every spell get “statpoints” that can be spent to increase damage, size, speed, amount, etc.
  • add more weapon skills for each weapon
  • hybrids don’t have lower tiers on their abilities
  • add more lost/ancient techniques
  • warlocks, wardens, knights, paladins, and juggernauts get their own mechanics on the levels of arcanium weapons and savant double imbues
1 Like

The idea is more like the Cleanrot Spear’s Ash of War or the Glintstone Arc Sorcery from Elden Ring. Or Friede’s Great Scythe from Dark Souls 3.

I’m curious, why?

Would love to see this, honestly.

i mean a ton of people hate the jailtime system, but jail is there to punish criminals, so why not remove it to save dev time?

i should also specify that i’m gonna be reworking magic size, agility, and attack speed given from armors to be considered “seperate” stats, and armor selection at a certain level would look like this

1. Armor of Speed, +1000 defense, +50% attack speed (directly increases attack speed by a percentage, not the stat)
  2. Armor of Balance, +2500 defense, +25% attack speed
  3. Armor of Defense, +5000 defense, +0% attack speed

and repeatable quests are quality over quantity

as part of nerfing everyone, i’d also remove jewelcrafting
i’ve been on the jaws for like 30 minutes and i’ve only gotten like 30 coppershrooms this is NOT enough to get me to perfect this shit is BAD

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE NEXT TWO IS THERE AN EXPLOITER AUTO CELLECTING THEM OR SOMETHIGN

1 Like

add Poh and farming and mining skill ^^

Poh?

Imma replace Spirit weapons with a Nen type system.

AO’s gonna turn into an amalgamation of Hunter x Hunter, One piece, and other nonsense.

player owned houses

I would destroy balance the way, that nobody would be able to dominate, cuz there is always will be someone stronger due to different reasons.

You may assume its a bad solution, but I don’t care.

Well, that definitely is a solution to the problem. I’m certain a few games took the route of “if everybody’s the strongest, nobody is”

Give it back to vetex because I can’t code and I don’t have the time

he should do that with hair too

I meant forces which would hunt down people or clans which are aimming at dominating over community.

For example: Some clan collected all the best pvpers or they got godly teamwork and now use bugs and unbalanced stuff to win battles (like people do with microwave builds or surge spammers in wars), they are threatening balance of power, so special force will be made to fight them to lower their ambitions or atleast give them a fair challenge of someone worthy. This force could be coded or be given to someone destined until the problem is solved.

Sounds really unfair for people who want to prove their strenght, but I think they should prove their strenght not by dominating over people who is relaxing in the game, but by fightning against worthy forces, its not always impossible.

I would say it is some kind of a karma system, which is pointed to make pvp more like a sport for tournaments and fun on arenas instead of mindless spawn killing or teamming against randoms.