What would you do if Arcane Odyssey was your game?

Three main things:

Vitality

I would have added spirit weapons and finished vitality builds before releasing the game. An entire fourth of the builds are incomplete right now, how is that okay?

Professions

I despise the current professions system, as it’s grindy and forces players to either max their level in the three or it forces them to seek out and coordinate with other players. I would add a lot more professions, tie their advancement to leveling so players couldn’t just max them all out, and I’d add a system for players to own businesses selling their services while out of game. And because profession level would be related to the player’s level, the market wouldn’t be dominated by grinded-out no-lifes.

That’s definitely a unique take on professions. Though, it’s not really required in any way other than Jewelcrafting. Plus, the not-so-forced coordination with other players is great.

You’re right to some extent, but if every new profession added works like what we have now, we’re gonna hit a problem real quick.

I don’t think they’re that hard to grind. Lengthy, sure, but the point is that you progress it while you play the game. Jewelcrafting, the only one thats really necessary to level, is also by far the fastest to level.

A) You have to restart each profession per profile.

B) I personally just dislike the idea of grinding being able to get you everything in a game. I mean, sure, you can’t just grind until you have maxed Magic, Strength, Weapons, and Vitality, but you can grind until you have powerful buffs over other players who can’t maintain their contact with grass and do everything needed to max their professions.

Profession level not persisting between slots is pretty tedious. But, I don’t understand the second point you’re making. Grinding being able to get you everything in a game? Thats… how grinding works…? It’s like, the complete opposite to someone else in the discord’s take that luck is what gets you everything in the game and disliking that. Having good profession levels doesn’t really give you an advantage. Gem buffs aren’t that large, even by PvP standards, potions just don’t really differ by level.

Boobs (10 characters)

2 Likes

This is truly the type of content I’d expect.

It’s precisely what vetex wants

All valid points, I just think that it’d make the game more interesting to have professions be something more individual to the character. Like, have one character be a full cook, another be a mix of alchemist and jewelcrafter, etc. Doing this would mean that players would have to cooperate more, which leads me into my next idea:

Remove PVP.

This, as you can see, is why I’m not allowed to make games.

I believe Vetex plans on professions being something you can only master one of, but hasn’t due to how few professions there are currently. :shrug:

i would close it down so that no one can fucking lose their minds over certain aspects of the game

Nuke buff strength and then dip for 3 years.

idk but maybe i’d change some mechanics to fit what i like

1. charging an attack doesn’t fully airstall you
  2. flight (LOL)
  3. weaker items don’t fully get powercrept as you can turn multiple of them in for one stronger item
  4. better drip (allow players to choose their clothes via roblox id, more accessories, colors are now rgb255 instead of the current limited choice)
  5. increse the stat discrepancy between magics (rn speed is a whopping 1.25 difference, while damage is like 0.2 and size is like 0.3)

add car ears
add impact fist
add swaying fist
abandon the game
make a 2d fighting game instead

Fucking car ears

balance the game myself and with the help of a few trustworthy people who play this game a ton instead of the current balance team

I’d add boss difficulties, which, of course, affect the difficulties of the story boss fights.

Easy would obviously make the bosses easier, but as a consequence would disable any chances of them dropping items.

Normal would be identical to the bosses’ current difficulty as they are, with the regular drop rates.

Hard would increase the bosses’ damage and health, and also give them new attacks, but would give a drop rate boost to compensate.

I’d love to see this, honestly. An exceptionally harder version with unique drops, even. A la Terraria.

i stand by what i said