What's everyone's beef with the balancing team?

is anyone even taking into account that attack size might be scaling quadratically instead of linearly because it may be increasing the radius of a circular/spherical AoE?

That’s the assumption, yes, because if the area increase scaled linearly it would result in high size investment resulting in very low return

1 Like

They would still have a problem balancing size in the future where future armors can get you at least the size of a Ravenna city, probably the whole ravenna too if some skill scroll pops up that fits the gimmick

I swear, they should change size into something else since it would still become a problem in the pvp sense. They could argue that piercing attacks will counter them but here’s the thing, compared to a huge explosion that covers your entire vision, you need to aim the small ass piercing attack with an obstructed vision

That’s a problem for future balancing team :grin:

Ngl, arcane odyssey is the only game I saw attack size being a stat, one of the main reasons as to why games doesnt even dare to do that is because balancing it is a nightmare. It’s alright if ao is a singleplayer game but it’s an mmorpg :skull:

5 Likes

Yeah, my solution was to basically rig the armor selection so that people immediately got access to lots of attack size but restricted them from getting any more attack size from armor past a certain level.

And this quote basically summarizes my entire argument:

How will we do destroy ravenna then :sob:

They should either nerf the fuck out of attack size and make it scale differently for each attack

Thermo Fist wasn’t just done dirty. It has been lobotomized.

1 Like

Theurgist set gotta be my fav set by far

3 Likes

It is a blessing to have been graced with it.

I may be even closer or able to achieve 500 Atk Spd now.

Add 1 warding

who let them cook

No one asked for this

3 Likes

Best cook ever, gave me Diarrhea III

1 Like

2 Likes

To be fair, I can kinda see the logic behind it since otherwise Arcsphere is just a better fair power amulet.

Uhh we have arcanium bracelet with the same stats but with 6 intensity

still think there’s gonna be a big ass size nerf sometime in the future when you can just attack the whole sea with one attack.

1 Like

TRUE, lemme go remind the balance team (ask for them to buff intensity stat though)

Aight so someone on the balancecord brought up their reasoning being modifiers. Which, aight bro, I thought you were nerfing arcsphere because it can have gems, not because of modifiers.

For one thing, they tend to propose really drastic changes that seem to overtune different aspects. For example, thermofist warlord was really good in the hands of skilled players last update, but now I hear just thermo on it’s own is really bad due to the heat drain being oppressively high, calling for a ridiculously aggressive playstyle to even get up to speed. Also, some members (Pilles) are just jackasses.