What's the dumbest thing you've done in AO?

if you have multiple, just list them all
i have a few

• i sold an arcsphere because i thought it was useless (i already had one at that time)

• i thought spending stat points in magic/strength/weapons is going to make you deal more damage of that category

*i cut corners on the floating islands, while my spawn isnt at cirrus island

1 Like

blew myself up with a nearby barrel while killing an ice smuggler

1 Like

I lost 4k gallons because the shop balance was 800 so i lost all of them

I sold fish worth 2k galleons

• Blew myself up in the secret area at Harvest Island trying to break vases.
  • Sold a Strong Scroll and Vindicator for Gems (before Wipe 2: The Electric Boogaloo) was announced.
  • Let a Colossal Squid rot.
  • Getting into collecting Arcanium Ship Parts.
  • Even thinking of buying the extra Save Slots (I’ll do it anyway because I’m a moron)
  • Having a furry imageboard open while playing
  • Hiring two Ram Defense deckhands for my Ketch.
1 Like

I completed a couple of treasure charts, but I didn’t know you needed to keep shoveling the same spot to actually be able to open the chests because nothing told me. So I missed out on a bunch of hear and some sealed chests

Hey, I did it. I like how I can just try more builds, even though I got an alt. Now I can try builds I already made but with different elements to see if I like em more or less without deleting anything

Put points in vitality

1 Like

Kid named Juggernaut:

In my first playthrough after talking to Morden I went to Frostmill island. Not to explore or anything I just didn’t know what to do despite the waypoint being RIGHT THERE

The first time I caught a giant anglerfish, I sold it.

selling all of my magius relics and keeping one
i thought it was a good idea but i kinda want them all back now
i still have my one magic relic though so its kinda okay

2 Likes

Didn’t go to Elm Island til I was max level. Same with mango & Thorinn’s

I traded 2 seasonals for a triasta

1. I wasted 4 hours filling a ketch to 241 cargo (which I now know is max capacity) and lost 95% of it when game crashed while I was unloading my boat.
  2. I only needed to complete a sandfall treasure chart to get bronze explorer, and I had the chart, but wanted to empty the island of chests first and blew myself up with the explosive barrels by accident. Took my over 2 weeks to get another chart. (Damn my greed)

me too xd

Trading my halloween seasonals for a bunch of weapons (They were rare/uncommon anyway, but still… oof)

I still have some my Independance day seasonals in my other file tho at least, Im gonna be more careful next time

1 Like

The first time I played AO, I jumped into the harvest island whirlpool just to see what happened.

(it killed me)

3 Likes

i played the game

not in AO, in AR

i was a tester (og one, my older bro helped me become one and i speedran the game since i alredy knew the lore) and played the whole game, became max level and got Rigel’s apotheosis (its an unob currently) and a crown given to everyone that had a legendary weapon before full release, i completely forgot i had that file and made a new one (ar doesnt have multiple character slots) and lost 2 unobs and a item that was given to all testers to get 3 minds right away

1 Like