What's your guys opinions on weapon hitboxes?

tbh it doesn’t really bother me since i only use great spin to inflict bleed then finish them with a plasma explosion

but like, what if the enemy is like far away?

b o w or i could just get close to them

Bow exist, I forgot about that weapon :sweating:

Very good observation on the attack animation. I think sword and dagger hitbox are fine, attack animation are short and it connect easily with the target. However, spear really should start dealing damage from the thrusting motion until the end, it feels very weird that spear doesn’t do damage until the end of the motion. Once again good observation on the animation not syncing up with legs, i never noticed that.

They Range from;
Fine: Most of the Swords in the Game
Ehhhh: Dagger (gotta be REAL CLOSE)
either godlike or bullshit: Spear

the spear hit boxes so bad lol

I’d say the biggest problem may not even be the “Wonkiness” of your attacks’ hitbox. Its the fact that the npcs have god tier AI, and can absolutely destroy you with almost no regard to cooldowns or stamina.

That is true, I remember two captains were on me and I spammed high jump to get away, but they managed to both land a bunch of beams and I died.

Well, I did read about the Roblox engine being able to make a running animation and a waving animation happen at the same time, but that could cause even more lag if it was applied to leg sync because of the amount of weapon-wielders in the game.

Also, if weapons with long attack animations dealt damage as soon as their attack animation started, that would make them very powerful because they would have so many frames that they could deal damage in. My suggestion is to have weapons deal less damage if they connect with an enemy near the start of their attack animation and clash less effectively too.

shiftlock would help

I think having no shift lock actually makes the fighting more strategic. You will turn around and face forward pretty quickly when not sprinting, but not infinitely quickly. This prevents the ability of moving your mouse quickly from playing too big of a role. However, you can choose to sacrifice accuracy for speed if you sprint.

the hitboxes are fine, you just aren’t used to them. the hitboxes are the weapons themselves, also the spear won’t do damage if you are hitting them with the shaft

I could hit your mom without the weapon even facing her hahhaha

I think the main thing is that you need the weapon itself to be hitting the enemy for it to actually do damage. Pretty sure what most people do is just jump in and start swinging wildly, so if you do that you’ll inevitably just phase through them, and you can’t hit them if you’re too close/inside of them. I haven’t had any problems and i don’t think you will if you keep in mind that you need to be just the right distance away.

This is why people have issues with the spear. The spear has a very short blade length, lower than the culture daggers, but it also has a long range, meaning you can’t just hug your enemies and expect it to hit. The hitbox is only on the blade itself, I assume.

I think Vetex is going for realism with the hit boxes, I do have some problems with them especially with the spear but I think they’re fine overall, definitely need some tweaking

And the tree hit boxes really need to be smaller

bro you just revived a two-month-old post

Oh no I did-

this is like the second time you’ve done this