Where stats can we expect from Ancient magic?

Let’s start with Cataclysm, which is two ancient magics.

Apparently, we have 3.5x Power, minus bleed,
1.2x Speed,
3.5x Size.
and a whopping 15x destruction.
Then we have Severe Bleeding, presumably the status effect of Shatter, not apocalypse, surely you can tell why.

Severe Bleebing

Typa stuff they had Rosemary Walten on if y’know what I’m sayin’

Now then, an easy thought to have when hearing those stats is that Cataclysm is a combination of those stats, meaning that both Apocalypse Bringer and Shatter have around half of the stats of each, therefore
1.25x Power
1.1x Speed
1.25x Size
7.5x Destruction
That sounds wrong, doesn’t it?

Then let’s think about other combination magics. They don’t have doubled stats from their elements, they have a little bit above the average of the stats.

This means that we could expect somewhere around
3x Power
1.2x Speed
3x Size
From Apocalyse and Shatter.

Let’s have that put it into perspective what kind of stats we’ll be getting at about level 500. By deducing what Cataclysm is made of, and how it would have made it.

Additionally, let’s go for Poison Lightning.
I’d say 0.85x Power
1.4x Speed (reminder about lightning speed nerf)
1.15x Size (identical to poison)

Remember that these are no exact measurements, but more like what I think sounds rational.

Thumbnail:

1 Like

I think lost magics/fighting styles/weapons should be 20-50% stronger then their base variants
and ancient should be 80-100%

the pvpheads will absolutely shit their pants if there ever is a magic with 3x size multiplier

1 Like

I wouldn’t use customs as remotely any reference, I’m betting that Losts/Ancients would only be slightly stronger than base magics at most and would just serve to offer special utilities??? Idk

3 Likes

Yeah, using things that are designed to be overtuned as a basis isn’t a good idea

1 Like

A wishful estimate.
maybe turn 3 down to 2 if you’re not feeling the Dragon Ball power scaling.

or maybe vetex just made his own custom magic really strong???

i hope that lost magics are only slightly stronger than base magics (10%) while ancient magics would at MOST be 20% stronger in terms of raw stats

1 Like

When using deduction methods around a custom magic, you shall use the custom magic for reference.

I’m pretty sure we are meant to do just fine with base magics

except it doesn’t apply here because vetex doesn’t have to abide by balancing rules when making a magic that only he will ever have access to

Okay, but I did it anyway.

Just because something is meant to go one way doesn’t mean it will go that way, this is especially true for roblox game balancing

then your method of estimation is flawed

I figured as much.

Cataclysm is that strong because its Vetex’s personal “Get the fuck out of my face” tool.
You cannot use a CUSTOM to gauge how strong Ancients will be.

I know, are you gonna stop me?

nah, keep spreading misinformation (joke)

I think the general idea most people have of lost magics being purely “gimmick magics” and as strong as base magics, is stupid.
There is a whole 300 more levels to progress after our 2nd awakening, we are obviously going to get big power boosts

The most common excuses for this idea that I see are

• “But this is unfair to other main builds :rage:

• Lost weapons and fighting styles are also being added, aswell as tier 2 lost fighting styles and artisan weapons. I would imagine Oracles get similar treatment.
  • “But what about the hybrids :point_up::nerd_face:

• Conjurers get magic weapons, which is basically magic shapes on steroids. Have fun dodging a light magic bow blast.
    • Warlocks, Warlords and Juggernauts can upgrade their base fighting styles, which is basically a direct power boost.
    • Paladins get imbued rare spells, need I say more? (Patrimony imbued water surge)
    • No clue what knights get tbh, probably something hella strong tho
    • The most complained about one is savant, which people fail to recognize will eventually become one of the most broken builds to ever exist.
      Imagine this, a savant, using Atlantean Mace, with sailorfist, ice, and lightning
      Atlantean Mace applies Slowness every hit, and sailorfist + lightning will slow them down even further. Then when paralyze is on cooldown, they can swap to Ice imbue, and stun you again, continually swapping between the magics to make it so you can never move again.
      Oh and thats not even considering the amount of boosts those synergies get.

• “Locking power behind a rare item is unbalanced :sob:

• Lost magic scrolls are going to have a pity system, and if you get a scroll, then you can choose any lost magic you want, so you really only ever need one.
2 Likes

Yes, thank you.
Too often do people assume that a lost or ancient magic will be “too overpowered” because they’re going by today’s meta.

1 Like