Where stats can we expect from Ancient magic?

Okay, but I did it anyway.

Just because something is meant to go one way doesn’t mean it will go that way, this is especially true for roblox game balancing

then your method of estimation is flawed

I figured as much.

Cataclysm is that strong because its Vetex’s personal “Get the fuck out of my face” tool.
You cannot use a CUSTOM to gauge how strong Ancients will be.

I know, are you gonna stop me?

nah, keep spreading misinformation (joke)

I think the general idea most people have of lost magics being purely “gimmick magics” and as strong as base magics, is stupid.
There is a whole 300 more levels to progress after our 2nd awakening, we are obviously going to get big power boosts

The most common excuses for this idea that I see are

• “But this is unfair to other main builds :rage:

• Lost weapons and fighting styles are also being added, aswell as tier 2 lost fighting styles and artisan weapons. I would imagine Oracles get similar treatment.
  • “But what about the hybrids :point_up::nerd_face:

• Conjurers get magic weapons, which is basically magic shapes on steroids. Have fun dodging a light magic bow blast.
    • Warlocks, Warlords and Juggernauts can upgrade their base fighting styles, which is basically a direct power boost.
    • Paladins get imbued rare spells, need I say more? (Patrimony imbued water surge)
    • No clue what knights get tbh, probably something hella strong tho
    • The most complained about one is savant, which people fail to recognize will eventually become one of the most broken builds to ever exist.
      Imagine this, a savant, using Atlantean Mace, with sailorfist, ice, and lightning
      Atlantean Mace applies Slowness every hit, and sailorfist + lightning will slow them down even further. Then when paralyze is on cooldown, they can swap to Ice imbue, and stun you again, continually swapping between the magics to make it so you can never move again.
      Oh and thats not even considering the amount of boosts those synergies get.

• “Locking power behind a rare item is unbalanced :sob:

• Lost magic scrolls are going to have a pity system, and if you get a scroll, then you can choose any lost magic you want, so you really only ever need one.
2 Likes

Yes, thank you.
Too often do people assume that a lost or ancient magic will be “too overpowered” because they’re going by today’s meta.

1 Like

I would still solo

tbf i’m more concerned about roblox physics making you skate around past a certain speed and that much attack size making fights become less skill based, unless you put in consideration who managed to pull more skills first because you won’t be able to dodge a 20% blast while it destroys the island we are in (yes, this is a hyperbole)

The skill and planning will come down to your choice of gear rather than the fight itself if we go too far in these numbers
I don’t think any of these will go past 2x in any of the stats safe for a few exceptions such as light magic’s speed toned up into an ancient or lost magic

that’s a good point, but consider the fact that we’re still gonna get stronger just by simply having higher levels so that by itself is already strength progression

additionally, having an ancient magic be stronger due to unique interactions rather than pure numbers makes for more interesting magics imo

also if lost and ancient magics far surpass base magics to the point where using any base magics is unviable, then that would suck to people who like and want to use the base magics at higher levels

so i’m fine with ancient magics having more stats but i’d prefer if it was only by a small amount and their real power was due to an interesting mechanic

ngl that would suck if all conjurers got were glorified shapes in place of freaking ancient magics
i hope future conjurer weapons would be like legendary items from AA

I would assume magic weapons would have net positive multipliers, especially due to enchants, so using them to cast magics would probably be better than just casting them yourself
Also, consider the fact most current warrior weapons have effects, (bleed on atlan sword, slowness on atlan mace, soaked on sunken staff, and charred on triasta) and all those weapons have hella AOE and damage. Would be hell to have conjurers synergize with every hit

Also ye, I think conjurers do get legendary weapons, just not whatever artisan weapons are

imbuement synergy is halved and mages have multiple magics to apply synergies so i’d say it cancels out

Ye but conjurers synergize
Every single hit

Also idk if it was ever said that you couldn’t, but you might be able to stack imbuement on top of your arcanium weapons magic

IIRC he said lost/ancients would be unique in effect not inherintly stronger

5000! 5000! 5000!

OH, MY̴ P̸̨̲͚̏̌Č̷̩̺̬̳̭͙͒͐̒͌͝
(full sentence)

yes