Why AO needs mutations rather than lost and primordial magics

I think this is as clear as it gets

I still wanna ask bruh cuz it could be just from the fact that its referencing AA

I literally can not comprehend Vetex responding to someone talking about 4th and 5th minds in WoM with “There are no 4th or 5th minds” actually meaning something other than there not being 4th or 5th minds.

But you can ask if you want

its because if they arnt linked to minds and are stored in hexes dosn’t that mean you could potentially remove one from someone? Also I read somewhere that they fuse with your fourth and fifth minds

Hot take time:
I think neither lost/primordials or mutations would benefit the game.

For Losts/Primordials:
They feel like they should be something grand, yet would just add on unnecessary skills to combat. Would you really need 40 total skills (8 on each magic, 5 total). You would just resort to using a few skills from each. Worst case scenario are people only using losts and primordials due to their capability and strengths.

For Mutations:
Creating a whole group of extra magics to replace the already decent size roster of magics (20) would be difficult to do. It just seems absolutely unnecessary to think that you should evolve your magic to something else that sometimes isn’t even close. How does fire go to magma for example? It just feels odd and sometimes people just want to go a magic because it looks cool.

Idea:
Just add a fucking ton of lost spells instead of develop losts and primordials. Skills are what should matter, not the magics. You don’t want a situation where you have to start memorizing what you put on each magic. A unique diverse roster of spells, but only a certain handful to have on your actual build. It would encourage players to think more about what they want their playstyle to be and wouldn’t overwhelm players as much as even more magics.

1 Like

thing is is that some of the magics that existed in AA are lost magics in AO so we would miss out on stuff we really like like phoenix and sacrifice and stuff like that

the only magic in aa was light, fire, lightning, shadow, fire, water, earth, air unless your also counting the unused mutations

remember, there are big differences in terms of magic. i still hate the idea of just more reskinned unnecessary crap being added when more diverse game changing stuff can be in place of that

bruh moment

Arcane Odyssey =/ Genshin Impact

Well I wasnt comparing the game but rather the feature of switching characters while in combat to switching magics. If you’ve played genshin impact, switching between characters is simply by pressing the keys 1,2,3 and 4. As for AO, if it’s going to be like in AA, which is a high chance, wherein the switch would also be the keys 1,2,3,4 and 5 considering in AO you can go up to 5 magics. Seeing as I have no problem in fighting the monsters while switching characters or in AO which is switching magics, I wouldnt see any problem in it.

I don’t get it… If we take your idea for mutations, the max amount of magics would still be 4 maybe even 5 because the possibility of getting 2 variations. Not everyone will go 1 magic three times. Secondly, what mutation??? All the mutations are finally available because of our location and time period. What mutations are you asking for. You really can’t stop a meta from happening. Even if you try to add mutations you will still have a mutation.

Cooldowns :fr:

When everyone’s super, no one is :frcryin:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.