Why do you lose so much infamy on death?

So, today I went and played the game as usual, when a bitch boy in a wanna-be noble phantasm rammed my brig and hopped on, then lightning conjuror sunken sword m1’d me to death since I was lagging.

So why do I lose 240 infamy (that’s 60 dark sealed chests for comparison) from a little shit getting the most undeserving kill possible? Don’t you like only get 10 infamy from assassinations or something? Why is the loss so huge? I don’t even care much about infamy but like why is it this much? Did the Grand Navy like suffer from infamy inflation because of the leaderboard and needed to create an infamy sink? 240 infamy, in THIS infamy economy? Did they mass produce claimed islands to keep the infamy gain low? I understand that clans are meant to be like a pvp thing, but why nerf islands to an unsustainable degree? I could understand nerfing stuff like charts and sealed chests, but if islands had any value then people would fight over them. Clan building is useless if the island is worth less than an african life. And if you say “assassinate people for infamy”, you only get like 20 at most if your clan is a leaderboard clan, and the only way to get hundreds of infamy on kill is if you’re in a new ass (emphasis on that last word) clan and you’re hunting a top clan. I understand “oh if you’re in a top clan you’re probably very skilled and therefore there’s a bigger reward for new people beating you” but why is it like 24x larger than what a good clan can get? Literally as unsustainable as an oil company. And another thing: why is lightning sunken m1s SO BROKEN? I LAGGED A TOUCH AND LOST HALF MY HEALTH, AND THE OTHER HALF I LOST FROM BEING PARALYZED. Like, WHAT? HOW IS THE BALANCE TEAM THAT BAD AT CLEAR BALANCE ISSUES BUT SOME RANDOM MOVE LIKE WHIRLWIND NAH LET’S KILL THAT. Seriously, why is the pvp parts of the game this bad? I can’t stress this enough, if you’re in a fairly large clan and AREN’T running a meta build, you’re on a set timer before some ass wanna be noble phantasm kid who smells bad enough that worms run away and has so little social skills that he has a fucking forcefield around him that pushes people away (if you jumped down on him, your body would refuse to fall and you’d bounce off it) tries to hunt you, and probably kills you because the balancing is so ass that power and defence are STILL stupidly impossible to beat. Quit nerfing/buffing these other stats, and just fuckin kill the two problems already. And ONCE AGAIN, WHY IS THE INFAMY GAIN SO LOW COMPARED TO THE INFAMY LOSS. I lost more infamy from that one kid then I’ve gotten in like a week. Is the rate of inflation like 13% a year? How high are building prices nowadays considering the value of infamy? What’s the taxation rate if this kind of economy is the outcome? Won’t someone think about the pogfish economy?

2 Likes

worth less than an african life is crazy :skull:

6 Likes

this is a really long post that basically just say “infamy bad pvp bad lightning conjurer broken pls nerf”

gyat damn

1 Like

it’s saying “why do I lose 24x the infamy I gain”

and islands are, in fact, worth less than an african life is to a rich person

2 Likes

for the first half yes but the last half is pvp complaints

also you could just say worth less than an african life to an average american (some americans literally think africa is a country)

It’s to induce anger and anxiety towards the defeated knowing he lost 240 infamy from his clan, which would also induce anger to the clan leader if this happens very often, which also incentivizes them to promote a toxic environment for all clan members to wail upon.

(Okay but honestly the game probably expects you and your clan to be very active if you have that much infamy)

i get that you’re pissed because we lost 240 infamy from that but actually what the fuck dude

2 Likes

jeni I wasn’t implying an african life is worthless I meant it in the view of modern societies/corporations like seriously no I am not racist

It’s cause you have 300k infamy in ur clan
I can’t be asked to read allat

1 Like

you NEED better analogies.
like I agree with what you’re saying here, infamy losses are crazy and it takes way too long to get it back, but holy shit you need better analogies.

So why do I lose 240 infamy (that’s 60 dark sealed chests for comparison) from a little shit getting the most undeserving kill possible? Don’t you like only get 10 infamy from assassinations or something? Why is the loss so huge? I don’t even care much about infamy but like why is it this much? Did the Grand Navy like suffer from infamy inflation because of the leaderboard and needed to create an infamy sink? 240 infamy, in THIS infamy economy? Did they mass produce claimed islands to keep the infamy gain low? I understand that clans are meant to be like a pvp thing, but why nerf islands to an unsustainable degree? I could understand nerfing stuff like charts and sealed chests, but if islands had any value then people would fight over them. Clan building is useless if the island is worth less than an african life. And if you say “assassinate people for infamy”, you only get like 20 at most if your clan is a leaderboard clan, and the only way to get hundreds of infamy on kill is if you’re in a new ass (emphasis on that last word) clan and you’re hunting a top clan. I understand “oh if you’re in a top clan you’re probably very skilled and therefore there’s a bigger reward for new people beating you” but why is it like 24x larger than what a good clan can get? Literally as unsustainable as an oil company. And another thing: why is lightning sunken m1s SO BROKEN? I LAGGED A TOUCH AND LOST HALF MY HEALTH, AND THE OTHER HALF I LOST FROM BEING PARALYZED. Like, WHAT? HOW IS THE BALANCE TEAM THAT BAD AT CLEAR BALANCE ISSUES BUT SOME RANDOM MOVE LIKE WHIRLWIND NAH LET’S KILL THAT. Seriously, why is the pvp parts of the game this bad? I can’t stress this enough, if you’re in a fairly large clan and AREN’T running a meta build, you’re on a set timer before some ass wanna be noble phantasm kid who smells bad enough that worms run away and has so little social skills that he has a fucking forcefield around him that pushes people away (if you jumped down on him, your body would refuse to fall and you’d bounce off it) tries to hunt you, and probably kills you because the balancing is so ass that power and defence are STILL stupidly impossible to beat. Quit nerfing/buffing these other stats, and just fuckin kill the two problems already. And ONCE AGAIN, WHY IS THE INFAMY GAIN SO LOW COMPARED TO THE INFAMY LOSS. I lost more infamy from that one kid then I’ve gotten in like a week. Is the rate of inflation like 13% a year? How high are building prices nowadays considering the value of infamy? What’s the taxation rate if this kind of economy is the outcome? Won’t someone think about the pogfish economy?

Idk about that one chief

2 Likes

i think bro MIGHT be severely chronically online to make this sort of thread and extremely ill

18 Likes

:skull: :skull: :skull:

Yeah, this is a stable response to losing 240 infamy.

apparently my life is worth less than a video game island, or something :fire: :fire:

top tier advertisement for roselight :cold_face: :ice_cube:

3 Likes

Prove it (joking)