Why do you make stories out of your character slots?

Now don’t get me wrong, I think it’s cool to act like you’re in some anime or something, you know, just going around fighting people and getting stronger in video games, but when people start to get really involved with it I don’t get why. They make ages for them, custom outfits, make art for them… At that point you’re losing me.

I don’t hate on what you’re doing either but I find it strange and a little confusing. So, I want to hear why you make stories out of your character slots if you do, or if you don’t and whether or not you plan on doing it.

3 Likes

most i can assume is people are too lazy to think of their own character so they use their wom file
or people become addicted to the idea of their file being all cool and whatnot

i dont my only file with a story is a homeless man who kills people with gold magic.

Technically we all have homes, though…

no he’s homeless and uses gold magic.

yay you’re back :partying_face:

Did you miss me?

Yes I did

You miss all the arguments? Me too.

Meh idk but you were fun

:kissing_heart:

I don’t.

i haven’t really written/drawn much stuff with my actual file slots but i’ve made characters/stories in world of magic, so im answering this
(i don’t roleplay as those characters in-game tho)

it pretty much boils down to “i get attached to this file and it’s making my creative juices kick in, so why not create stories/arts of them”

2 Likes

same for me as well, it’s also possibly derived of boredom and the fact i like creating an entire world with history, language and the like that makes a world alive at any given point for no reason at all than “why not?”

it’s just fun and interesting

i mean
it improves our writing and drawing skills

I do not miss you

it makes the game more fun ez

2 Likes

You know somebody made this exact same topic like 10 days ago. They were a lot less civil then you are though.

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/why-do-people-make-lore-for-their-files/70651

ok