Why do people make lore for their files

Like wow bro you really just thought up a love story for two 144p lego characters, do you feel proud of yourself?

2 Likes

Eh, it’s sometimes fun to do.

I did the opposite for most of my characters where I had lore before and just implemented them into each character as I levelled them.

I guess its fun? Idk im a grinder

How. In what world is making up dumbass cliché stories fun, I can understand it to some extent I guess to where Idk man you give a reason for your files appearance at most, the people who go past that ESPECIALLY the weird ass mfs who unironically make ships and love stories can’t be over 9 though.

1 Like

people like roleplaying
too lazy to make their own new character thing so they use their wom character
i dont like roleplaying and storytelling either but yeah

You’d be surprised what people find fun while they are waiting for TGR or in general

I’d argue role-playing and giving lore to your files are very different, role-playing is where you pretend to be a character who’s life is so much better and interesting than the shitty one you have (at least most of the time), while giving like deadass full on lore to files is being delusional :confused:

2 Likes

Ig it’s ppl with a lot of creative juice being given the opportunity to have a character they’ve created in their minds be physically realized through the game. Kinda like how TRPG/ Dungeons & Dragon players do the same thing, except a video game is on a whole different level.

1 Like

(admittedly sometimes they don’t have a lot of creative juice.)

(2) :snowflake: Emergency Response: Liberty County - Roblox

example of rp game
(2) World of Magic - Roblox

example of lore game

Naw bruh people like that HAVE to be 8 years old, there’s just no other explanation.

if that means i’m delusional then why am I not in a mental hospital
oh wait nevermind I am

they gave me a churro and let me out of my straitjacket cause i was nice today

7 Likes

I didn’t give them that much lore ;-;

why this even bothers you :fr:

17 Likes

some people just enjoy it, not much other than that

I assume they just like making characters in such ways depending on whether they like to write stories or read a lot of books. Which could influence what they like to do. Honestly I don’t see much point in making lore for a custom video game character but why are you so affected by such?

1 Like

Making lore for your character is not wrong or bad

I make up backstories for all my OCs even if they aren’t from the AO universe.

I make lore for my files. When I play on the file, I adapt their lore and personality and “roleplay” as them

Not this… if I were ever to go that far in making lore I would take it outside the Arcane Universe. I know that a lot of people do this kind of thing and a lot of them are really cool; It just depends on the type of player you are and what you like to do with your spare time

I might do this for my story ngl