Why do you make stories out of your character slots?

i haven’t really written/drawn much stuff with my actual file slots but i’ve made characters/stories in world of magic, so im answering this
(i don’t roleplay as those characters in-game tho)

it pretty much boils down to “i get attached to this file and it’s making my creative juices kick in, so why not create stories/arts of them”

2 Likes

same for me as well, it’s also possibly derived of boredom and the fact i like creating an entire world with history, language and the like that makes a world alive at any given point for no reason at all than “why not?”

it’s just fun and interesting

i mean
it improves our writing and drawing skills

I do not miss you

it makes the game more fun ez

2 Likes

You know somebody made this exact same topic like 10 days ago. They were a lot less civil then you are though.

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/why-do-people-make-lore-for-their-files/70651

ok

I haven’t been here for the past 3 months lol

Ima be honest with you chief, making a paper-thin character is as easy as picking a name.

Ik I’m just meming

I don’t

Cause yes?

Wasnt this asked like a couple of weeks ago?

Stories make things interesting. We tell ourselves stories constantly (just look at history). This community tends to be pretty dedicated so creating backstories is the logical result of that fact.

WoM is also a really customizeable game that has a lot of RP aspects (naming system, character customization, cultures, reputation, etc.) Giving that much creativity means people will want to use it to its full extent.

5 Likes

bold coming from someone with the writer title

i just think it’s fun that’s it

i do it for immersion. if you make a background for you character its easier to immerse yourself in the character. i still dont rp in game or something like that but i just enjoy making character backgrounds

in my case, a lot of these are characters i’ve already had lying around for at least a year

i don’t like making new ocs if i don’t have to (I’ve made a total of 3 since 2008.), so i just recycled them.

I found writing a character using my characters slot serves me a reason to imagine them how they look like and their personality would be either based on how they look or magic they use and implemented it on my universe story

it is also fun to imagine things, it’s like playing DnD with your own character, t

history is cool very cool

i mean ppl draw their wom files bc 2 things :

• As me they like alot arcane games lore/magic concepts so they draw it with their file or something like that? (I dont draw my wom files i dont even know how to draw :weary: )
  • They prob made the file maxed it out made an outfit and liked it alot so combined with the first thing basically wom created the base to make the perfect story for them so ez

This is what i think why most ppl make backstories drawings to their files (or just writters that like alot their files and well kinda obvious at this point.

1 Like