6. Paper
  7. Acid
  8. Explosion
  9. Gold
  10. Iron
  11. Ash
  12. Snow
  13. Sand

Guess I only got 13. Another factor of why it’s bad is that it’s incredibly easy to predict. The moment that the opponent uses a move, just block and if they didn’t miss it’s almost like a 100% perfect block. (Not accurate but almost every time from experience)

true

i’ve never heard of shaodw magic

true

eh

maybe i dont fucking know no one uses glass

light > paper

probably i’ve never used it but the dot probably makes it batter

i guess

absolutely fucking not

absolutely fucking not x2 also gold and iron are basically the same magic so no need to list them both

no

:rofl:

sand is the most based chad underrated magic in the game so yes

You have not used ash before, Gold and Iron are broken with full power build and beam spam (not that I like them), Snow is slightly worse sand with better speed and little less dmg, paper is way better then light bro, it’s insanely fast and has insane dmg compared to light. Also I’m a glass main and I had a light file, and I can confirm light garbage.

ok but like good luck hitting people in pvp without getting punished to the 7th layer of hell

they have almost the same damage and paper literally never inflicts bleed

i have and it sucks, has no dot besides the cloud which is pretty useless in pvp so poison is automatically better and its pretty slow with low damage

light’s still speed makes it better than snow and snows speed is barely better than sand

either you fucking suck at the game or dont know how to use light correctly

Confident I don’t suck, and your probably right I don’t know how to use light considering I fought 5 people and hated it instantly.

i know someone who has full power light and deals 190 with it and just spams people with q and easily wins

He went a full power build, and is probably very skilled with light or is fighting bad opponents that don’t know how to fight light.

the last time I played light was about a year ago, and i don’t remember a single fucking thing. i’m going to pretend i know what i’m talking about regardless, because it’s more fun that way.

i don’t think i ever thought light was bad, as far as i remember. pretty much my only real concern was whether it’d hold up when second magics were released, since prior to the Crystal status interaction it was recently given, it only had negative ones.

there may also have been an argument to be made about it just being a worse lightning? the only thing it had over Lightning was speed, and that used to only be by .2 (1.5 vs 1.7). assuming Meta’s stat spreadsheet is still up to date, light should beat out lightning by .3 (1.5 vs 1.8) now, so hopefully that makes a difference?

Lights damage has the lowest impact damage in the game and the absence of synergies except for crystal (which is really slow unless you invest in magic speed which most people probably wont unless the stat gets a buff) doesnt help it. DOT is also important as well as it sort of acts as a form of healing reduction and it doesnt even have that. Also you’d have to hit the target multiple times to even make the effect do anything to help you in fights as its just a faint yellow/black screen until you hit them multiple times. Also in pve it doesnt help you against enemy npcs either. If im wrong on anything lmk.

bro the necrobump

ikr

br, i’m bored so might as well do something and reply

fr, but whatever the topic would get revived later in the future potentially when we get to see ao combat. plus we can have tester input possibly and how they see light magic

i forget impact dmg meaning but if it’s about it haivng .825 then it’s one of the lowest tied with fire and plasma being .775

magic dmg is still ok though, last thing we want is a cycle of nerfs, buffs, and power creep.
“just invest more into power bro”

we obviously don’t know whats in store for ao combat but speed in wom wasn’t really a big issue with magics as of late. speed wise it’s ok, nothing like iron/gold speed and their speed wasn’t really a problem either. just means you’re gonna have to be a bit more in their face which is smth ppl are, have, and an unlikely should, in the future.

yeah dot is really helpful but you can easily see shadow, wind, and water that have no dot and just smack people just fine without it and no synergies in game really. in the mid to endgame or ealier where dot is really effective it’s likely to tip the scales. was talk about it in wom and going to and was brought up in terms of ao

well yeah, but it’s not too hard to apply though, i’d imagine it’d be somewhat difficult to get that multi blast blindness npcs gave u but wouldn’t be surprised if someone comes out complaining that they can barely see.

there is more i can say further but it'd just be the same "but in ao it'll be different and look at ar combat" argument, which doesn't add too much and is kinda bland atm. fighting styles, weapons, etc. and messing up a bit to get punished the like

there are plans to make npcs react to being blinded, flailing/ stop attacking for a second. otherwise, it’s like the other magics nothing outstanding or underwhelming per se really within pve aside the lack of dmg. (“just invest in more power bro”)

bro went Redditor :sob:

my bad ;-;

Shifting with water magic doesn’t give you the soaked status effect…

Oh you meant the dot

yes…

SmartSelect_20210805-205537_TikTok

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.