Why i left Suncry

Disclaimer
My reasons for leaving don’t reflect on all the solace members that left alongside me in the recent event.

This post isn’t just a list of reasons why I left suncry, but my a bit of my history and what I’ve experienced in the guild in the 2ish years I was present.

My early time in Suncry

I first joined Suncry 2 years ago in July due to the guild I was in (Doge Nation) being deleted and having nowhere to go.
My first months in Suncry were better than my whole time in the previous since everything I contributed and at that time, people were receptive to newcomers and interesting, to say the least.
During(And After) the guild update, Suncry became the undisputed number 1 on the leaderboard and I felt really proud of being in the guild before it became acknowledged by the entire community as the number 1 guild.
After the last update that received, I and Watery were disputing for the #1 Top donator role, for a while I was pretty ahead of him
then, the following happened:

Where things started to go Downhill

At this point, 1 month passed since the TGR and the guild was more active than ever and VC was always active most of the time, but I started to notice how weird Jason actually was towards to people he was talking to on VC, including lya, which were almost all the time in the VC along with other members, but still, I could see that they were really friendly to each other.
Not long after, the Jason Incident happened and the guild changed a LOT since then.
Although the council(Leaders of each legion, which controls Suncry) quickly dealt with the matter, banning Jason from the server before it became a huge issue, the entire community caught on to what Jason did, and a LOT of members left the guild and the guild could’ve been deleted from the game by the wom staff if Jason wasn’t banned from the server.
After the Jason incident, it was tough to decide who would be the new leader and the council choose Achenbachen to become the leader at that time, but his leadership would be kinda… Extreme to say the least.
During Achen’s leadership, he was extremely strict in moderating the chat due to some people being bad apples in the chat. But the most controversial thing he did was Creeper’s promotion to archmage(minimod basically).
During Achen’s leadership that I became a council due to achen creating a Touhou Legion.
Although the legion was a joke and was meant for a short number of people, it was planned to be an official thing when AO would be launched, but that never happened after.
After his short leadership, He gave up the position and Apoc became the new Leader and then…
Nothing happened for a LONG time, since Apoc was(Still is) very inactive, and that caused the entire guild except eclipse to go VERY inactive.
Still, I did not have a lot of issues that period, but the incident and extreme inactivity did kill a bit my motivation toward the guild but still, things were happening behind the curtains, but very slowly.

Talos Leadership and Toxicity

At the time the guild was very inactive, Eclipse was very active and was basically the only place to be, and was pretty fun because of the diverse activities and active chat, and leaving suncry and breaking a little of their trust makes me regret a little this decision. Don’t worry, I won’t talk a lot about that chat. :fr: But still there were a few things that rubbed me in the wrong way that continue to this day.
For example, Targeted harassment towards some guilds and individuals.
I won’t mention which people here, but if you’ve been ganked by suncry members, you can 100% be sure that it was eclipse having fun :fr:
Still, those cases are rare and don’t happen with frequency, but the thing I’m really against is the bias towards some members, which cannot be banned due to being “Too Useful”. To be specific, Felix. If you don’t know about felix, look at This :fr:
Anyways, one day, the suncry server alongside all legions was deleted. The cause was apoc getting hacked due to a phishing link.
We lost a lot of members in the process but still could contact a lot of them to come back. But, Talos managed to set up the server faster than the active council and crowned himself the guild Leader.
Talos approach to suncry is VERY different from Apoc’s. Which wasn’t a bad thing, considering that apoc did almost nothing.
Also, most of you noticed there is a LOT of suncry propaganda recruiting people to the guild to play ao.
you can thank talos for that :fr: not a bad thing tbh
Anyways, I don’t want to talk a lot about Talos changes to the guild since most aren’t public and I still respect him and his choices, but there are a few things that I must talk about that led me to leave suncry.
Talos has Ultimate control over the guild, and the council lost most of the autonomy that it once had, meaning no one can oppose him.

• Golden’s promotion to Solace Admiral(Council)
    I Still have no idea why Talos decided to be biased towards Golden, But still, here are a few things that golden has done in the past:
  1. During the early times of suncry, lied about being underaged despite being the guild master.
  2. Being the only OG member to be demoted from Council to regular mage due to unacceptable behavior
  3. Being Disrespectful (Still is)
  4. Tried to Steal members (Including council) and create his own guild
    And more that I don’t have in mind rn
    Anyways, recently k4(Ex-solace admiral) had been warned to do something on the legion otherwise he would be demoted by talos. Which he really did nothing in the end and was about to be demoted today by him(Which is fair), and the new admiral would be Golden and that made k4 group with the most important and active members of solace and just leave the suncry for good. My biggest regret about this thing is not taking a step to take the admiral role due to my lack of confidence in my skills to lead the legion. But i can guess that Golden would’ve been the Admiral anyways.
TL, DR

Why I left suncry:

1. Internal Toxicity
  2. Some people can’t be dealt with
  3. Andrew Tate Rank 1 Mentality :fist:
  4. Golden being council
    Will I ever come back to suncry?
    Most likely yes, but not for at least 1 or 2 weeks.
    Why did I even write this?
17 Likes

oh nooo

to vent or something idk not a psychologist man why you asking me the questions :worried:

1 Like

my honest reaction to this information:

26 Likes

literally the lore of a kingdom

2 Likes

This could honestly become a short movie

druid still the goat

I felt as if they took it a little to far on Crimson Crescent
They hopped on them for days and days to the point Velvet had to blacklist the entire suncry and ban anybody who was in the discord

Fr I feel like suncry’s behavior is based on who the leader is :broken_heart:
(I am not insulting you Talos
image )

and nooo thundrobin :frcryin:

achen’s moderation essentially was the solution to fix the gargle/guild hub raid in suncry after the jason incident, nobody knows how bad that shit ACTUALLY was

There was a guild hub raid in Suncry before?
How bad was it :skull:

not like an event lol but there were dozens of people mostly from gargle and hub raiding the shit out of the gate and achen banned all of them also including moderation in suncry because of the controversy and ongoing talk of jason

Gotta love guild hub :broken_heart:

1 Like

lol only reason suncry got blacklisted was cause I started talking smack about how CC was ran and all their members and an HR agreed with me. Vex just decided to throw a fit and instead of fixing anything he just blamed us for being “toxic”

Imagine if guilds didn’t exist in WoM fr :broken_heart:

This is a pretty stupid take, we ganked them a total of 2x AFTER they blacklisted for the reasons crisppy gave

Alright, rest my case then

ghost is hunting cc as we speak while there having a event

Are you trying to connect a random person not on a guild file with suncry…?

Ghost was kicked from suncry or you’s talking about me?

if so then tf he farming for :skull:
Blizzard?

no some random guild
half of suncry isnt even in the ingame so i dont think it really matters