Why isn't AO as famous as AA?

So we know that back then around2016-2017 Arcane Adventures was a very popular game and I assume that it had at least 10 k players average since youtubers who posted about the game would get MANY views and my dear friend doge king who told me multiple times he played AA said it had around 30 k players, not that I believe him but he played it I didn’t.

But now we look at AO, and see only 2 k - 1,5 k players, even though the game has more content, more magics, better story and over all better quality and graphics than AA but it still has less players and isn’t talked about as much so uhm why’s that ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :camera_flash:

I do think the answer is that AO is a little more complex for the average roblox player’s brain nowadays, so that’s why they usually stick with the more simplificated games such as blox fruits or other generic bandit beaters, AND because ao is very hidden not being in the top page unlike AA which probably was there. Let’s be honest blox fruits is pretty much arcane adventures without the adventures part, but it has many fruits that would be the 7 magics you could get in AA or the 23 or so magics in AO, all with pre-set attacks that don’t change at all no matter what you do and weapons are also like that, and the game is also sea based but it is more attractive to children that go crazy when they see mugiwara luffy and his gum gomo or something fruit, overall blox fruits is kind of like it but 200x more simple than the original giga-chad AA and AO.
gear death

10k players in 2016 :skull:

to 2017 and AA was pretty famous anyways

people change, kids nowaday doesnt like power fantasy as much ig

1 Like

if I recall right having like 5k players was a major feat

I mean dunno back in 2017 when I first joined I was pretty brain dead so I never paid attention to those numbers and doge king said it had like 27 k I know he’s stupid but he has more chances of knowing than I

roblox was much smaller back then and games were WAY easier to find, now we only have the top 10 games flooding every section

¯_(ツ)_/¯

AO is still in early access, and there isn’t much content after you’ve finished the main storyline before it gets updated, so there isn’t much incentive to continue playing

AA had more content in the form of areas to explore and stuff. it still didn’t have much content after you’d completed the story up to the last part, but there was still way more to do just because there were more seas to mess around in.
Also didn’t roblox do a review on AA on their youtube channel? that probably also got the game quite a bit of publicity

I don’t think that is one of the main problems the game doesn’t have as much players, sure there are thousands of people just waiting for an update to hop on again but we still have the dark sea whose main reason was to give the players more replayability

AO has nearly more islands in a single sea with more quests, secrets and overall NPCs to talk to though ? Also I don’t think having more seas makes the game more replayable I just think AA was too good for its time and people just couldn’t find anything better to play until the bandit beater games flood

Yeah that probably helped the game grow A LOT since the video got nearly 230 k views and I think youtubers also helped a lot, DANtdm Godenot etc

bc people like pay 2 win games

yeah, but AA had 2 complete seas and one that wasn’t completely finished
that’s still way more islands than AO

I also think that AA got a lot of attention back then is because it was just good quality compared to most other games

Times have changed, AA was during a period where all types of games had the possibility of getting onto the front page
Now, roblox is flooded with so many simulators and dopamine traps, which also make the most money, making roblox prioritize those games over lesser known games that do not make those crazy levels of revenue

Pretty sure AO’s bronze sea by itself has more islands than the first and second sea, maybe i miscounted something but last time I counted it had more, also ao’s bronze sea story is like 4x longer than the first and second sea’s story combined so uhh

true

I guess you’re right, bandit beaters and those other stuff destroyed the platform in terms of game quality

I played AA religiously back in the day (I was in the top 50 people with the most player points) and I don’t remember seeing it get 10k players, the usual amount was 2k

oh well guess doge king tricked me

Most front page games peaked around 2-3k back then, very few actually broke the 10k benchmark

Did you know?
Change is impossible to stop
Progress will never be halted
The status quo will change

I think you replied to the wrong section buddy