Why isn't AO as famous as AA?

:x: ao would never become famous as aa LOL

any argument to reinforce your opinion orrr??

love the new dungeon voxlblade just added, it’s very different from the other two and will make getting every weapon part so much faster

dark sea is not good enough for that. the islands are way too repetitive with nothing fun going on them, an average dark sea run is driving around, getting struck by lightning, getting on the same island structure for the 50th time, maybe fight an enemy, get some loot which is also pretty repetitive, and then be done.

for me it’s just finding nothing at all

that too lol

imo biggest thing dark sea needs is more content (which will naturally come so that’s just a waiting game)

and more island variation, so vetex def gotta rework that or smth. the islands are bland af

gonna be honest when I first saw some leaks I thought the islands would be like sandfall sized and spawn much more often

Honestly- I think it’s because ao just isn’t as strong as aa was.
Course it’s entirely subjective but I remember playing aa and wom when they came out and just being completely enamored by what I was seeing. Mainly the depth of story, which although basic was more than enough for a Roblox game that ao doesn’t have rn, as aa’s story for as basic and shoenen-like it is was still somehow better than ao’s start
That being said, I played through ao three times and have about 600-ish hours and hate it rn so idk man maybe it’s just myself growing after all these years of vetex following

oh also deepwoken took players away or something

I mean yeah it is like that but i’m just pointing out that it’s ‘‘supposed’’ to give us replayability so

i have 1006 hours and I simply can’t join the game rn because the moment i spawn at ravenna with 30 fps I just get demotivated and leave

well it did take me away for a bit atleast. they had a good amount of QOL updates. now i need an update to voidwalker where i don’t lose all the fun in the game and i’d grind it out tbh

gave up on deepwoken after I noticed i’ll never be as good as other players with my 170 ms and the PVE isn’t as appealing either

I honestly like the vw jumping- again mainly subjective but I really like the dw combat at it’s base and it just so happens the only time you can get that is with unfinished vw pvp builds though it’s definitely fair to dislike vws

What @beefybuffoon said, but also, we need to acknowledge how far Roblox games have come since then.
Arcane Adventures was revolutionary for its time on Roblox. That time was when Roblox was a far more simple scene and not really some engine for a MMORPG like AA. Seeing it pull that off was amazing for the time.

Now?
We’ve had Rogue Lineage happen. The clones it’s spawned. Entry Point. Item Asylum. Other classics gaining more quality or features.
The market for a high-quality Roblox game is pretty saturated now. Arcane Odyssey isn’t really a stand-out case now, as it has direct competition with Deepwoken for similar aesthetics and initial appearances.

However, that’s not the only thing.
You see, as Roblox’s quality has improved, its dark patterns have worsened. If you didn’t know already, “dark patterns” are basically the methods typically associated with stuff like mobile games (especially gacha games) that try to keep the player playing, coming back for more, and trying to get them to spend money - especially exorbitant amounts of it.
Sounds kinda like simulator and tycoon games, doesn’t it?
That’s another HUGE issue with Roblox and part of why AO isn’t super popular - dark patterns are present in just about every Roblox game. AO has a low number of them (a lot of MMORPG mechanics such as % chances for items from mobs/chests are considered dark patterns as it necessitates grinding and spending more time on the game, but they’re usually less egregious in a RPG type game) so it ultimately has less engagement over time. Meanwhile, the front-page games?
Fucking overloaded with dark patterns. Daily rewards (FOMO, if you’re wondering how that’s a dark pattern), agonizing grinding, lots of incentivizing of people to spend money, and other things that keep people focused and engaged in that game.

So, there’s a hell of a lot. But, part of it is just that AA was revolutionary, and AO frankly just isn’t.

I think I understand now… :waffle:

i’m fine with vw jumping, i just want the solution eclipse proposed in his vid (voidwalkers not killing you, just having to knock you down. i’d be fully fine with VW then)

aa had such a huge core audience though
the forum is made up of the core audience and yet most of them barely play odyssey nowadays

that’s not to say that gacha and similar practices don’t contribute to ao having little playerbase outside of the original audience but even still barely anybody plays ao daily out of their own volition

because AO is an actual game and not a content slop money farm.