Why prodigy build will suck IMO

Hows about I list the stat builds here as they would be at max level for each stat category

Vitality

Warden (full vitality) [2,000 in vitality]

Paladin (vitality/magic) [1,000 vitality, 1,000 magic]

Juggernaut (vitality/strength) [1,000 vitality, 1,000 strength]

Knight (vitality/weapons) [1,000 vitality, 1,000 weapons]

Magic

Mage (full magic) [2,000 magic]

Paladin (magic/vitality) [1,000 magic, 1,000 vitality]

Warlock (magic/strength) [1,000 magic, 1,000 strength]

Conjurer (magic/weapons) [1,000 magic, 1,000 weapons]

Strength

Berserker (full strength) [2,000 strength]

Juggernaut (strength/vitality) [1,000 strength, 1,000 vitality]

Warlock (strength/magic) [1,000 strength, 1,000 magic]

Warlord (strength/weapons) [1,000 strength, 1,000 weapons]

Weapons

Warrior (full weapons) [2,000 weapons]

Knight (weapons/vitality) [1,000 weapons, 1,000 vitality]

Conjurer (weapons/magic) [1,000 weapons, 1,000 vitality]

Warlord (weapons/strength) [1,000 weapons, 1,000 strength]

And now the typical Prodigy/Savant build
Prodigy (all balanced stats) [500 vitality, 500 magic, 500 strength, 500 weapons]

2 Likes

Even if you did the 3 stat savant builds you’d still be outdamaged.

there would be 666 stat points in 3 categories and 2 throwaway points for some things. Still outdamaged in attacking, still less health than other vitality builds

… yyyyees.

obviously.

Wouldn’t it be 0, 667, 667, 666.

I said 2 throwaway points, you can put them anywhere and not much will change.

I want to watch someone attempt to play through the entire storyline as a prodigy.

1 Like

it’ll likely happen, in fact I kinda wanna get good at editing and try to stream n stuff. I might try doing a run of AO with prodigy

I want to see someone do it as a Warden. 50% more health and level 1 blast spells, boxing, and daggers for the whole playthrough.

Eh that’s funny but would get old quick. I’m betting some mad lad will do it though.

the balanced stat build is basically a trap for beginners of mmorpg stat building
i dont really see it being viable but it sounds funny being able to play with every type of attack

I feel like a lot of children are going to be that build, and it’s gonna be fun to watch.

yeah free kills babyyyyyyyyy!!!
this is the dream of RKers

neither of these points will be true

13 Likes

How so exactly…?

Magic
The power of friendship

ull see :man_shrugging: its pretty simple to fix the first one, and the second one is just straight up not how the build will work

11 Likes

Prodigy sounds like one of those things that could be really weak if you have no idea what you’re doing or really strong if you do know what you’re doing.

Like if you’re actually good at using weapons, fighting styles, and magic all at once, you’re going to do great as a prodigy.
On the other hand, if you suck at using any of them, why the heck are you going for prodigy instead of investing in the things you’re actually planning on using.

5 Likes

Well shit can’t wait to see it

Only got one question, being will there be an npc that cleans fighting styles like the witch in the first sea or something?

1 Like

First of all, judging by all the variety in weaponry, and the synchronization as well as how weapons work off of each other so much I doubt that it’ll be an issue. I think stat points will probably be more focused towards abilities, then they will be focused towards just outright +100 damage. I think of it more like a skill tree, like Skyrim, or Farcry 3.

Like instead of vitality just giving you +5 hp per point but into it (which would be terribly boring.) it’ll focus it’s energy more on adding defensive abilities. Like perhaps longer block frames, or if you’re wearing a full set of a certain armor it gives you bonus stats.

Instead of weapon abilities giving you +5 weapon damage per point (which again terribly boring.) it’ll focus on giving more weapon abilities. (as mentioned in trello.), or misc effects akin to your main weapon. Faster bullet speeds, bigger AOE with weapons.

Strength would give you maybe like a rage ability that increases your damage for a short time, or having special abilities that sync up with your fighting style. Maybe a defensive ability that lets you move slowly while blocking, and changes your block. Kinda like the Quen sign for Witcher 3.

Abilities wouldn’t be structured upwards though, I’d describe it more like either Witcher 3, Fallout Vegas, or The Outer Worlds. You have a certain amount of skill points in a certain category, and you can unlock abilities within those categories. (Most abilities being locked off based on skill level, or some other factor.)

I mean if the games anything like WoM or Arcane Adventures, this wont be an issue. You’re only able to have a select number of weapons/magics. You’re only juggling 3 things. But lets break that down and make it easier to understand!

Strength; if you’re in strength you’re really only tackling one thing, which is your fighting style. This will combine with your magic (if you’re a savant or a warlock), and you’ll fight with magical attacks. I’m guessing more strength related stuff is going to be perks/oddball abilities.

Magic: Mages will tackle a lot of variety, but keep in mind I doubt you’ll be using more than 2 magics as a savant. A lot of the usefulness in magic to a savant is it’s combination with other attacks. So we’ll say you’re being practical and handling… healing, and gravity magic. But lets be generous and say you’re using 3.

Weapons: You can only have up to 3 weapons, now keep in mind these aren’t all going to be handled in coordination. As a savant you’ll probably have 2, say a gun, and a melee. But to hell with it 3, you can have 3. Bow/Gun/Sword. Sure.

That’s about 7 slots, not too much to manage. Tools like torches and fishing rods? With the fishing rod add on to the boats, and torches being extremely situational I doubt it’ll be an issue.

Keep in mind I’m a mere peasant dwelling in the nooks and crannies of the Trello, this is just my prediction for how the system would work. I doubt Vetex would put so much effort into a system, only for it to be as boring as point = stat.

2 Likes