Woven Together

“whats your weaving?”

Andrea smiles. “Okay, so-”
Talen stares at her coldly. “Never mind. You’ll find out soon.”

“Sure, I guess,” Talen says.

“You’re about to find out,” Arcadio says smugly.

1 Like

“How many people are in this school?”

The Assembly, Part 2

Arcadio steps forward. “The first demonstration will be mine,” he says. “I have Aberrated into a Manaweaver. I have the ability to drain or distribute Fabric, which is the energy that allows you to Weave. Observe,” he says, and Talen steps forward.

Arcadio begins to Weave his spell, draining the energy from Talen. Talen attempts to counter with a Poisonweaving attack, but Arcadio is draining too fast. Soon, Talen is powerless and submits, and Arcadio returns Talen’s energy. “We all have other Weavings, gained through Interweaving, but we are demonstrating our Aberrations here. Andrea?”

Andrea steps forward and Talen steps back. “I myself have Aberrated into a Stardustweaver, and, well, just watch,” she says, before striking Arcadio with a flurry of stardust. Arcadio plays fair, not Manaweaving, instead opting to Tornadoweave. Andrea nimbly dodges through the onslaught, and shoots a blinding burst of stardust straight into Arcadio’s eyes, winning the fight. “That was easy,” she says, helping Arcadio up. “Our turn, Talen!”

Talen walks over and sighs. “I am a Voidweaver,” he says plainly, before going on the attack. He easily slips through empty space against Andrea’s onslaught, and comes up from behind with a Magicweaving blast. He slips through another rift to dodge another strike. He comes from on top of Andrea, Plagueweaves, and wins quickly.

All three Inner Circle members step forward. “Some of you may Aberrate, but I doubt it,” says Talen coldly.

Arcadio fixes him with a glare. He turns back to all of you. “Any questions before the final discussion?”

All questions about this part are to be asked now. You have until XX:15.

A lot

“I think I saw it somewhere before, I just cant recall when”

“Uh- what’s a absolute vessel?”

“What’s interweaving?” Ishamon asks

“What exactly are you referring to?” Talen snaps.

Arcadio gets a dark look. “An Absolute Vessel is someone whose Weaving has gotten the better of them. Weavings have a conscience, and overuse can let that conscience take over the Weaver.”

“That’s about to be explained,” says Andrea.

“Forget it, must have been illusion”

The Assembly, Part 3

Arcadio steps forward. “There are three processes that can happen to a Weaver: Interweaving, Fraying, and Binding. Interweaving is the only good one. It is when two Weavers agree to combine Weavings, and then agree which one gets the new Weaving on top of their own. You will be permitted to do this freely next week, although I suppose you can speak to us if you want to do so before then.”

Andrea goes on. “Fraying is when a Weaving is not used enough. The person becomes a shell of who they used to be and are kicked out of the school. That’s what the tests will be for.”

Talen steps in. “Finally, Binding is the aforementioned process of becoming an Absolute Vessel. Absolute Vessels are imprisoned in Deep Zero, the labyrinthine complex of dungeons below the school. They are too dangerous to walk free.”

Arcadio finishes up. “That should end the assembly. Your Houses will be revealed tomorrow. You can do whatever you like within school rules tonight, even visit the House common rooms and dorms. Farewell!”

The Assembly is over.

4 Likes

Well it wouldn’t be a magic school without some kind of mysterious dungeon

How to write fantasy

Zoe Gale now heads over to the library

May as well learn how to use my abilities.

I decide to head off alone where I shall start messing around with lightning things on fire

Gabriel heads off to liblary to read about binding

With the assembly of over, Ishamon gets back to exploring the school and charting it, looking for a cafeteria or a canteen at the very least.

Where do you go

There is a book on Absolute Vessels. You open it, and all the text is redacted.

Emery has already found the cafeteria. If you return to the entrance lobby and turn right, it’s a straight shot from there.

Somewhere quiet and easy to access, but still hidden away from others.

I don’t know any of these people and quite frankly that manaweaving stuff looks scary OP, I better speedrun aberrating if I want a chance to survive in this world.

Thus the good old tactic of spamming spells in a corner to grind EXP points begins

“Bruh” Gabriel tries to find any book that can actually help him